Chapter 7

Only You

Tiffany's POV

"Jessie! Jessica!" I shouted through the hall, loud enough for almost everybody to hear.

But she decided to ignore.

"Jessica Jung Sooyeon!!" I called again, ignoring all the people around who was watching the 'drama'.

Finally, she stopped and turned around.

"What do you want??"

"How long are you gonna stay mad at me? How many times do you plan on running away when I am around?" The words poured out as I closed the distance between us.

"You were the one who left without any notice at all." her voice croaked.

"I was only gone for a year."

"ONLY a year? One year is a long time, Tiff. Long enough to change everything. However, not long enough to recede the pain I was feeling. The emnity I had towards you for breaking out promise."

My mouth was clammed up, and I was speechless.

She was on the verge of crying. Tears were already forming in her eyes.

"You only had to leave because your father got transferred. Is it so hard to let me know? Is it, Fany? I don't understa--"

"Because that was not the reason I had left!" I blurted out. My hands automatically came up to my gaping mouth, having realised to what I've said.

"Huh? What do you mean that was not the reason? Then why did you leave?"

I scratched my head, contemplating on how I should explain to her.

"Why, Tiff??" tears were already rolling down her cheeks.

I pulled her to nearest bench and sat her down.

"Do you remember when I fell sick and was admitted to the hospital because it was too high?"

She nodded.

I took in a deep breath and continued.

"The doctor had diagnosed me in the early stage of leukemia."

Before she could manage to say anything, I held up my hand infront of her.

"But! As I said, it was the early stage. We were all so grateful that it was found during the early stage. There was high chance of surviving. Only if we went for treatment, though. The doctor had recommended us another doctor in America, saying that he gives the best treatment for leukemia. My parents didn't want to delay. So we went there as soon as we could. The treatment went on for about half a year. I had to go for regular check-ups after that. Now, I'm back and I'm fine just like before."

"You should have told me! I wouldn't have acted the way I did."

She threw her arms around me and held onto me like as if there's no tomorrow.

"I'm sorry for not telling you. I didn't know how to. I didn't want you worried. And I was pretty scared too at the same time."

"It's okay, Tiff. Most importantly is that you're fine now. I'm really glad to have you back."

"Next time, do not hide anything from me!" she added and hit my back hard.

The moment she released me from her hug, I gasped for air. Her hug was so tight, I thought my head was going to burst.

"Yes, ms ice princess."

We laughed. Looks like we're back to normal. I felt so relieved after telling her what really happened.

"Are you still gonna call me that? I'm not that icy anymore, you know."

"Oh really?? Wow, who's the great person who melted the ice in you, huh?"

She simply smiled cheekily and shrugged.

 

Yuri's POV

Time passed really slowly.

"Yuri, we should go back to class now." Sooyoung pointed out.

"Mmm."

I stood up listlessly and trudged back to class with Sooyoung beside me.

Then, it caught my eyes.

Both of you walking and talking cheerfully like nothing happened earlier.

The smile on your face made my heart wrenched.

Your smile always made me smile no matter how hard the day is. But now, it only brings pain.

Sooyoung noticed me watching you and pulled me into the class quickly.

 

Jessica's POV

Now, I feel guilty for being angry at her.

But I'm glad we're back to normal now. 

"Are you close with Taeyeon?" she suddenly asked.

"Mmm, yeah. Why'd you ask?" I looked at the girl curiously

"Just in curiosity." she smiled back at me.

"You can't lie to your best friend, Fany." I said, smirking at her. I know that was not why she asked.

"Well......do you think it's weird for a girl to like a girl?"

"HAHAHA!" I laughed out loud after hearing her question.

"What? Why are you laughing? I'm serious." she hit me a few times but I just kept on laughing.

"You like her, don't you? I knew it. No, it's not weird, Tiff. Haha. I have a crush on a girl too."

"Oooh. She must be the one who melted your iciness. Tell me, who's that special girl?"

"I don't know. Find out yourself."

I waved her goodbye and went into my class, leaving her clueless.

When I entered the class, Sooyoung and Yuri were already sitting in their place. Both with dismal faces, especially Yuri

She seemed lifeless.

Something affected you. What was it? Was it me?
Is that the reason why you didn't want to tell me? Because it was because of me?

I sat down silently.

Where's the bright side of you?
Do you know that you control my feelings?
When you're happy, I am too.
When you're down, like now, I feel heavy too.

'Whatever happened,
please cheer up, Yuri.
I need your happiness so that I can be happy.
'
Scribbling it down on a piece of paper, I slid it under your crossed arms resting on the table.

You read the note within a few seconds and turned to look at me.

You gave me the smile you always had on your face.

"Keep that smile on your face, Yuri. I love it." I said as I held your chin and grazed your lips lightly.

I stared at it for quite some time.
Only taking back my hand after realising how red your face had turned.

I coughed a bit and then turned back to the front, feeling embarrassed of what I just did.

Now it's my turn to blush.

Awkwardness filled between us.
And we didn't talk much the whole day.

Why did I do that?
What if she was shocked by my actions?
What if she doesn't wants to be my friend anymore because she finds me weird?

The thoughts keep repeating in my head.

Yuri ah, if only I could tell you how much I love you.
Not just as a friend. But much more than that.


 

TBC

sorry for the late update!
no colours for the later part cos i used my phone to type it.
and i won't be able to update soon.
i need to prepare for my upcoming 'O'levels exam which is in two weeks time! :/
VERY SORRY!
mianhe!!
love you all! bye!