Chapter 20

Only You

Jessica's POV

15 minutes before the show starts, we went up to the cinema to get popcorns.
While Tiffany and Taeyeon went ahead into the theatre first, I walked slowly with Yuri behind and asked her about their previous whispers.
"I was only helping her on how to confess to Fany by giving her ideas."
"Do you really have to whisper, then?" she took in a deep breath.
"Do you have to get jealous about me whispering to Taeyeon? It's only Taeyeon. Not just anybody else."
"I get jealous of everybody who gets your attention."
"Sica ah, you know you always have my all my attention." she pinched the tip of my nose before kissing me on my lips.
Lightly but sweetly.

You kiss always makes me want more.
But I remembered we were in a public place.
I looked around. There was nobody in our approximity.
I turned to kiss her again but she already took my head and started walking again.
Hmph. I pouted.

I wonder why she loves watching this type of movie. 
To make it worst, it was at night.
And the movie will only ends midnight.

Throughout the movie, I held onto her arm tightly, covering my eyes with the sleeve of her jacket, screaming every once in a while when the ghost appear with a super loud sound effect.
Meanwhile, Yuri just watched the show calmly, passing comments like 'idiot', 'eee', 'who ask you to....'
And everytime she said something, someone would "ssh!" at her.

I felt like smacking her head.
Even at home, she would comment on almost every single thing.
The director asked the girl to act like that. That's why it happens like that. Or else it wouldn't be a movie.
I kept my patience until the movie ends.

When the credits started rolling, I heaved a sigh of relief.
Finally, it ended.
I stood up and stretched a bit, acting like I watched the whole movie bravely.

The screen went blank and the music stopped shortly after the credits started rolling.
That's one really short credit.
Well, that was what I thought.

All of a sudden, the face of the smiling ghost appeared, covering the whole screen.
Her shrilling laugh echoed through the theatre.
It started the whole theatre screaming.

I jumped on Yuri, who was standing beside me, hugging her tightly.
She just laughed at me.
I hit her shoulder twice.

From behind, someone shouted, cursing the movie.
Yeah, I totally agree with him.
Stupid movie.

I didn't let go of Yuri, even though we were already outside the theatre in the bright mall.
I kept my arm wrapped around her waist.
It made me feel secure.
You make me feel secure.

We met Tiffany and Taeyeon outside the cinema.
They were holding hands and walking very close by each other's side.

While Taeyeon and Yuri kept talking about the movie, me and Tiffany kept talking about how scared we were and cursing the movie till the end.
I knew how Tiffany is scared of scary movies.
I was surprised at first to find out she was watching it. But of course, how can she reject Taeyeon's offer no matter how scared she was.
She only watches them in broad daylight at home, with other people. Never alone.
And still, she would hide herself behind a pillow.
Well, I wasn't in the right place to make fun of her. Because I myself do that. Keke.

At the mall entrance, Yuri suddenly needed to use the restroom.
She asked me to accompany her while Tiffany and Taeyeon waited for us outside.

"We're going to the 24-hours icecream shop nearby." she suddenly said, walking to the side exit.
"What for?"
"Help Taeyeon prepare something for Tiffany. And you are needed since you know most about her. But it's gonna be tiring cos we need to hurry."
"If it's about getting them together, I'm up for anything."
"Yeah, that's my girl." she patted my head and tightened her hold on my hand, texting on the phone with the other hand.
We rushed to the shop which was just minutes away.

I watched as Yuri talk to the cashier, begging for permission to let us make our own dessert.
She let us in as there were no other customers at that time.
We thanked her a lot of times for her kindness.

"Okay. So we're gonna make something special for Tiffany. She loves pink." I said, looking at the various flavours the shop offers.
We scooped a chocolate ice-cream and a vanilla ice-cream, putting them at the base of the the square bowl, and arranged two of the pink coloured flavours on top of it. Not before tasting each of them to make sure they're nice.
We added some strawberries, and two chocolate roll biscuits at the side, sprinkled chocolate sprinklers on top the ice-cream, and squeezed chocolate syrup nicely on top of everything.

After that, Yuri told Taeyeon that they can come now but walk slowly.
We finished decorating by putting the square bowl on a plate and put a writing on the side of the plate using the chocolate syrup.

It looks so delicious, it made my mouth water.
I kept the ice-cream in the freezer while Yuri told the cashier lady that someone else will come to take the ice-cream.
Before leaving, I forced Yuri to buy me and ice-cream too.

 

Taeyeon's POV

What's taking them so long....

'Beep. Beep.'
Finally.

"Errgh. Yuri's gonna be late. A lot of people queueing in the restroom. They asked us to home first."
After reading the message, I lied to her, trying to make it as real as possible.
I know a full toilet at this point of time sounds rather unbelievable but she bought it.
"Oh. Okay." but she looked a little frustrated.

"Sorry you had to wait." I apologise on behalf of them. Okay, no. I apologised for myself. They are doing it for me so it's not their fault.
"No, it's okay."

We walked slowly as Yuri had asked me to.
"Say, do you want to eat ice-cream? I suddenly have cravings for them."
"Sure! It's been so long since I had them!"
"Really? How long?" I kept the conversation going on as she sped up.
She must be excited as she was grinning from ear to ear now.
Your eye smiles.....they instantly melt my heart.
"I don't even remember when I last ate it." her pupils averted upwards.
"That must be really long."
"Mmhmm."

When we reached the shop, I peeped inside to check if Yuri & Jessica was still there.
They were not. Phew.
We walked fast, I thought we have reached before they could leave.

We decided to sit outside as it was windy and sitting inside will only make us colder, with the air-conditioner and everything.
She took care of our seat while I went in to get the ice-cream they prepared for her.
The cashier lady was nice. She even wished me good luck.
After paying for it, I took a better look at the ice-cream.
I LOVE YOU??!
What the hell?

I felt like the punching them. Too bad they are not here.
Arghhh. Whatever.

I walked to our seat as quietly as possible.
She was daydreaming, she didn't notice me coming out from the shop.
I balanced the plate on one hand and walked up behind her, covering her eyes with the other hand.

"Kim Taeyeon. I know it's you." she said, without guessing.
"How do you know?" I gave up, putting the table carefully before removing my hand from her eyes.
"I kn- Wahhh!" her eyes widened at sight of the ice-cream infront of her.
"Specially for you. I love you, Tiffany." I didn't know how to confess to her and because of the 'I love you' on the plate, I had to do it that instant.
I kissed her bangs lightly, and remained standing by my chair.

"Awwww, thank you." her eyes teared up.
After a few seconds of staring, she turned her chair and threw her arms around me.
"I love you too, TaeTae." she pulled me down, making me squat, and pecked my cheeks before releasing her grip on my hand.

I got back up and sit as she started eating the ice-cream while I watch her eat.
"I'm glad you like it."
"The best ever. When did you have the time to do this?"
"Well, actually, Yuri & Sica helped me do this."
"So they were actually here when they went to the toilet?"
I nodded.
"Thank you, anyways. Do you want some?"
She spooned some and put the spoon infront of my mouth. I opened my mouth to eat it but she took away the spoon, feeding herself instead.
"Hehe." she chuckled as she spooned some again and fed it to me.
The ice-cream immediately melted in my mouth. It was so delicious.
We shared the ice-cream and finished it in no time.

When we stood up to leave, Tiffany stopped me.
She walked up to me slowly and kissed my lips lightly.
"You had ice-cream on your face."
I blushed.

We walked to the bus stop, hand in hand.
There was little people around and it was dark. It was, afterall, past midnight.
She held my hand tightly, walking closely by my side.
Our arms were brushing against each other's and our hips hit once in a while.

In the bus, she fell asleep and rested her head on my shoulder. Her hand was still holding onto mine tightly.
I woke her up when we neared the bus stop.

I accompanied her home because she was afraid to walk alone.
When we reached infront of her house, she hugged me.
"Thank you, Taeyeon. Goodnight."
"No problem, Fany. Goodnight. And have a nice dream. Of me." I rubbed her back.
She giggled into my ear. It tickles.

Then, she looked at me.
"Goodnight. Love you." she turned to open her gate but I grabbed hold of her hand, turning her back around.
She looked at me, surprised.

"Tiffany..."
"Uh...?"
I held both her hands and looked into her eyes.
"Do you..." I took in a deep breath. "Will you be my girlfriend?"
"Taeyeon... I-I..

I know you love me too, Fany.
Do not change your mind, please.
I don't know what I'd do if you were to reject me.

Slowly, I took one step forward and put my hands on her cheeks.
"I love you, Tiffany Hwang Miyoung."
Not waiting for her reply, I pulled her into a kiss, breaking it only after I started feeling breathless.

"I love you too, Taeyeon." she said in between breaths. "And yes, I'd love to be your girlfriend."
She flashed me her bright smile before pulling the collar of my shirt and kissing me again.

"I should be going home now. Goodnight, Fany. I love you."
"Bye. Be safe. Text me once you got home, okay? I'll be waiting."
"Yes, ma'am. Bye."

I see her into her house before leaving the place.

Finally, you're mine.

 

TBC

 

A short update for you Taeny lovers! ^^
I'll update soon!