Chapter 30

Only You

Jessica's POV

Memories of you and me, played in my head, just like a video recorded in my brain.

From when I first met you.
You perfect body. Perfect features. 
They were attracting me.
You caused explosions to occur in my body.
I've never felt the way I felt before.

When we had to pair up for a small project.
You forced Sooyoung to find another partner and asked me to become your partner.
It made me think that you might have feelings for me, just like I had for you.

When we were coincidentally late together for school.
You held my hands for the first time and we ran to class together.

When we started getting closer.
We always hang out together after school.
Taeyeon and Sooyoung kept teasing us. You got mad at them.
And I started thinking that you had no feelings for me at all. Not more than just close friends.

When we had sleepovers at each other's house.
We stayed up all night, talking about almost everything.
You told me you had a crush and I felt sad, not knowing that it was actually me.

When we had arguments.
I thought that we wouldn't be friends anymore.
But you came apologising even though we both know it was my fault.
Nothing could tear our friendship apart.

When we confessed to each other.
I had fallen, nearly on top of you.
You kissed me on my lips for the first time, telling me that you love me.
We started dating.

To when we shared our last kiss.
You whispered into my ears.
That it's only me in your heart.
That you will never leave me.
That you will love me forever.

The memories never fails to bring tears to my eyes.
I will never forget them. I will never forget everything.

Now, you are in a deep sleep.
I have waited for two long years.
I don't know if I can last any longer without you.
Wake up, Yuri!
How can you do this to me?!

...

"Are you crying, Sica?" Sooyoung must have heard my sobs.
"I-I was just reminiscing the past..." I murmured.
"I miss her too, Sica. Although I know its not as much as you do."
It was silent for a while. Only slow breathings were heard.

"Sooyoung... What if she never wakes up....?" I whimpered and more tears flowed out.
"Aish, Sica yah. Don't think like that. I'm sure she will one day." I heard her getting up from her bed and pulling out a few pieces of tissue.
She handed them to me as she sat on my bed side.
"She promised you. Don't cry, okay?" I took it from her, sat up, and wiped my face as I leaned into my pillows.
"It's already two years. How long can someone be in coma?"
"I've read about a guy being in coma for nineteen years."

Nineteen years?
My jaw dropped when Sooyoung said it.

"Do I have to wait that long? Or longer? I can't. I can't live. Not without Yuri by my side."
"Hey hey hey. What makes you so sure? You've lived well these past two years." Sooyoung was now rubbing my knees, with a soft frown on her face.

I wiped the tears that were still falling down.
"Stop crying and stop thinking so much. Go to sleep. You'll get to see her tomorrow." she sighed, patting my head, and then going back to her bed.

I lied down, say a little prayer and fall into a deep sleep.
I want to go into coma and dream with you, Yuri.

 

Tiffany's POV

I woke up to find Taeyeon not in her bed.
I started panicking and searched for her frantically although I knew she's not anywhere else but in our dorm.

When I stepped out of the room, I was invited to the kitchen by a strong fragrant.

"Seohyun, wake up the others. Breakfast's ready." I heard Taeyeon's voice. 
"Neh, unnie."

A few moments later, Seohyun walked across the living room and saw me outside my room.
She opened to say something but I quickly put my fingers on my lips, asking her to keep quiet.
She just nodded and smiled. Clever girl.
I patted her head and pushed her to Sunny's room.

When I was tiptoe-ing to the kitchen, I saw Taeyeon walked out of the kitchen with a stack of plates.
She stopped at the dining table. I scurried back behind and pressed myself against the wall to hide from her sight.
At the same time, Seohyun came out from Sunny's room and saw what I was doing.
Her face expression asked 'Are you crazy?' as she continued to Jessica's room.

I looked back into the living room.
Taeyeon was arranging the plates on the table, her back facing me. 
Quickly, I tiptoed to her and covered her eyes from behind.

"Tiffany..." I pouted, taking my hand back.
"Hmph. How do you know it's me?"
"You're not good at hiding, you know.
"So, all this while I was hiding with myself?" she burst into laughter. "Yah!"
I hit her a few times and threw the cushions at her as she ran around the living room from me.

She tripped over the edge of the carpet and fell onto the sofa. I took the opportunity to jump onto the sofa, trapping her body in between my kneeling legs, and hit her continuously with the cushion.
"Yah, okay stop!" she grabbed the cushion and hugged it tightly.

Feeling tired after chasing her around the whole house, I gave up and sat on the empty side of the sofa to catch my breath. 
"You should bathe now. You smell." she wrinkled her nose, flapping her hands infront of her face.
"Yah! Want to die?!" I snatched the cushion back from her grip.
"Ahhh I was just kidding!" she quickly blocked herself from getting hit again.

"You know you always smell nice." Sitting up beside me, she pinched my cheeks, turning my frown into a smile.
"Hehe. I know." She pecked my cheeks as she stood up to continue setting up the table.

I arranged back the cushions on the sofa before taking my shower.


Taeyeon's POV

After breakfast, we headed to the hospital, leaving the two maknaes at home.

"Wah. She must be having a really good dream that she doesn't want to wake up from." Sooyoung sat on the chair beside Yuri's bed, looking at Yuri.
I just smiled and sat on the other chair, next to Tiffany and Jessica.
Yuri's position was still the same.

We were all just staring at her when she made a slight movement with her head.
Jessica jumped out from her seat right away, and held Yuri's hand. The rest of us got up too and stood beside Jessica, lined up along the side of the bed.
"You saw that?" Jessica asked, her eyes wide opened. So was . 
We could only nod to her question.

"Yuri. Wake up." I bit my lips, waiting for a response from Yuri.
Tiffany held my hand, pulling me back to the chair. I was about to move back when she moved again.

This time, she opened her eyes slowly.
We all crowded around her, filled with happiness.

She blinked her eyes a few times before turning to Jessica.
Surprisingly, she turned away as soon as she saw Jessica and looked at Sooyoung, pulling her hand away from Sica's.

"Sooyoung." she croaked, clearing after that. was dry.
Instantaneously, Jessica poured some water from the jug into the empty cup and passed it to Yuri.
She looked worried and Sooyoung was smiling at Yuri.

While drinking from the cup, Yuri eyed Sica weirdly. I couldn't help but notice.
"You're finally awake?" Hyoyeon voiced out. "Did you enjoy your dream?"
Yuri looked confused.
"You were in coma for two years plus." Sica helped her.

"Really, Tae?" she asked, turning to me and ignoring Sica.
"Yup. You had an operation and didn't wake up after that." I answered her.
From the corner of my eyes, I saw Sica backing away a little.
"Uhuh. Do you know how much this girl misses you?" Sooyoung patted Sica's back. Sica just looked down, away from Yuri.

Yuri turned to Sooyoung and then to Jessica.
She frowned and said something that confounded us all.

 

 

TBC

 

about the guy in coma for nineteen years, i didn't make it up. 
it's true. try googling it. unbelievable, right? i know. haha.

i'm sure you are wondering what Yuri said...
Again, i think its quite predictable. hahahah.

anyways, i'll update soon!

thank you, everybody! love you all! <3
do not hesitate to subscribe. hehehehe. ^^