009

Interior Therapist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You weren't kidding when you said you just moved in," Hyukjae said, looking around the bare apartment he was in.

Donghae leaned against the kitchen counter, smiling sheepishly. Hyukjae walked around, looking through the entire apartment. It was fairly large, had two bedrooms and had two full baths, along with a large kitchen area and dinning area that was open to the living space that was empty.

Donghae hadn't moved anything into the apartment besides a mattress on the floor to sleep on, and some clothes for him to wear to work. He had some basic foods in the fridge and toiletries in the bathroom--but not a of furniture otherwise. 

"I told you I needed help," Donghae said, scratching his nape. 

"These are all drywall?" Hyukjae asked, which Donghae nodded. "We can paint, correct?"

Donghae nodded again. Hyukjae walked back into Donghae's room, the furthest room from the exit. He checked measurements and got a mental idea of the room. He wrote notes down and went back into the main room.

"What are we going to do?" Donghae asked. 

"We're taking this one room at a time, starting with the master and master bath. We'll redo this whole apartment--not just three rooms--since you really need it," Hyukjae said, eyes widening for dramatic effect. 

"Do you have a place where I can stay since I'm going to be out of my apartment until I finish this?" Donghae asked, looking shyly at the other.

Hyukjae bit his lip in thought. "I-I guess you could stay at my place," he finally offered. 

"When could I move in?" Donghae asked. 

Move in.

The term made Hyukjae's insides churn, but it wasn't exactly bad. His heart pounded in his chest at the mere thought of Donghae moving in with him, even if it was just for a little while. It seemed so intimate--like they were actually a couple.

But they weren't--and they aren't. It's just giving Donghae a place to stay until his home was in living condition. He couldn't offer Sora's place. He didn't want to impose on his sister, and he knew Donghae's feelings toward women in general.

"To-Tonight," Hyukjae replied, voice shaky. 

"So what do you want to do with this place?" Donghae asked, taking a deep breath as he put his hands in his pockets. 

"Have you ever thought about a navy blue bedroom?" Hyukjae asked, looking over at Donghae.

"Navy blue? Isn't that a bit dark?" Donghae as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter