008

Interior Therapist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyukjae stepped into his office, flopping into his chair with a loud huff. Sora was seated at her desk on the opposite side of the room. She eyed her brother before looking back at the laptop sitting atop her desk.

"Remind me to never let you talk me into working without you," Hyukjae muttered. 

"Oh, how was your week?" Sora asked, closing the laptop.

"I thought if it was a single woman the job would be easy, but the woman couldn't decide on anything! And you know how impatient I am with people," Hyukjae grumbled, glaring at his chuckling sibling.

"Well, I, on the other hand, had a lovely week without you and your pissy mood. I reviewed the latest trends and even lined up another customer for next month," Sora said, smiling brightly.

"Can you handle it alone?" Hyukjae asked. "I need a break."

"No, only if it's a single person and one of us is scheduled for a vacation, which neither of those circumstances are taking place," Sora said.

Hyukjae sank in his chair, sliding his feet up on his desk. He let his head hang to the side, staring at the ceiling. Sora sighed and stood up. She sat down on the corner of Hyukjae's desk and cleared to get his attention.

"Hyukjae, it's been 6 months," Sora said. "When will you ever tell me what happened. You've been so depressed."

"I'm not depressed," Hyukjae spat back.

"Really?" Sora asked, cocking a brow. "Your sleeping patterns are crazy, you spend every free night drinking your life away, and you've slept with countless strangers during your drinking escapades."

"I'm a grown man, stop acting like mother," Hyukjae murmured. 

"Mother would be disappointed of you," Sora replied. 

"I don't care," Hyukjae said childishly. 

The woman rolled her eyes. She looked down at her distraught brother, a sad smile tugging at her lips. She remembered the last days without Hyukjae at the Lee's house. Donghae didn't come out of his room, didn't even say goodbye the last day, while Yoona moped around, at least pretending she was okay. 

Sora and Yoona had a talk, a talk that neither were ever going to share with the men in their lives. Yoona was in no way in love with Donghae, but the pain she felt when she learned that he cheated--and with a man--still hurt.

Yoona was trying to befriend Donghae--they would be married, so she h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter