004

Interior Therapist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyukjae walked into Donghae's bedroom, his body sore from being hunched over painting trim for the latter part of the day. His hair was damp, a towel thrown over his shoulder with nothing but a pair of shorts on. 

Donghae was sitting on the bed, looking at his paint covered fingers. He was a little messy with a brush, but he wasn't that bad. He just kept  using his fingers to correct mistakes instead of a wet rag. 

Hyukjae chuckled, catching Donghae's attention. Hyukjae looked in the mirror and ran his fingers through his damp hair, shaking out the water as he did so. Donghae was glaring at him through the mirror. 

"What?" Hyukjae asked with an amused expression.

"You're laughing at me," Donghae said. 

"Next time, use the rag," Hyukjae replied with a smirk.

"Well I'm sorry for getting my hands dirty," Donghae said, standing up. "I'm going to shower now and try to get this off."

Hyukjae nodded as the other man left. He stood for a minute, admiring himself in the mirror. His body was well sculpted--at least he thought so--and his skin was flawless. 

He wished it was something Donghae was interested in. The brunette didn't seem interested in Hyukjae in the slightest when Hyukjae stepped in with skin exposed. 

Hyukjae shook his head, trying to rid his thoughts of Donghae. The man was getting married--maybe. Hyukjae shouldn't try to seduce the man he was working for. It would only end badly--either in rejection or the rest of the week would become awkward.

"You still haven't moved?"

Hyukjae looked up to see Donghae standing at the door of the bedroom with a towel wrapped around his waist. Hyukjae tried to avoid Donghae's body and focus on something other than his beautiful build. 

"Need help?" Hyukjae asked, nodding at Donghae's hands that were still covered in paint.

"I tried, but I couldn't get it off," Donghae said sheepishly. 

"Come," Hyukjae said, walking past Donghae to go back into the bathroom. "I'll get it off for you, but sorry if I'm rough."

Donghae nodded and followed Hyukjae. Donghae sat on the toilet seat with nothing but the towel around his waist. Hyukjae the sink and got a rag before wetting it. 

Hyukjae sighed. He squeezed the rag a bit so it wouldn't drip before he turned to look at Donghae. The other male was watching him with curious eyes. 

Hyukjae knelt down and took one of Donghae's hands and began scraping the paint off each finger. He could feel Donghae's eyes on him as he worked at cleaning him.

"What's wrong?" Donghae asked. 

"Nothing," Hyukjae replied mindlessly. 

"You sighed, and seem a bit tense," Donghae observed. 

"It's just work, I guess," Hyukjae replied. 

"Do you have a boyfriend?"

Hyukjae looked up at Donghae. The other looked into his eyes, curious as to what Hyukjae was going to say. Hyukjae didn't know what to say or why Donghae had asked him that question. 

Donghae originally didn't seem comfortable with Hyukjae, but it's been only two days and Donghae has gotten used to Hyukjae's presence, but that was personal. They were just working together--probably wouldn't see each other after the week was over, so why was Donghae asking?

"I-I don't," Hyukjae replied. 

"I guess that knocks out the relationship troubles that could possibly be the reason for your sighing," Donghae said.

Hyukjae chuckled and continued to clean Donghae's hands. 

"Just because I'm not in a relationship doesn't mean I don't have boy issues," Hyukjae said. 

"Oh," Donghae said, quirking a brow at the other. "So there is boy trouble?"

Hyukjae blushed and hid his face behind his hair. Donghae laughed this time, then ruffled Hyukjae's hair, making the man growl and frown. 

"Having trouble with multiple men?" Donghae asked.

Donghae tugged Hyukjae's hair and forced the other man to look at him. Hyukjae froze as Donghae looked at him, taking him all in. Donghae shifted his head to the side, then to the other. 

"Can't fight them off?" Donghae asked. "With looks like these, I can see why. You're handsome, and have a nice body to match."

Hyukjae blushed. This certainly wasn't what he was expecting to happen. 

"Y-You think I'm handsome?" Hyukjae asked softly, blushing bright red. 

He looked up at Donghae, imagining he would find the other smiling, but it was the opposite. Donghae's face was blank. The brunette released Hyukjae, pushing his hands away. 

"I'm not gay," Donghae sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter