006

Interior Therapist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Building--or rather watching others build while holding wood for them--was fun in Donghae' opinion. He cut wood and held it up while the workers Hyukjae had hired put them in place. The pass through was coming along and all that was really left was to put the glass on the cabinets and the counter tops on. 

Yoona no longer had to sleep in the guest bedroom with Sora and could sleep in her own, though the walls were bear. It had been 6 days since Hyukjae and Sora had arrived and things were coming together. 

They would finished the major construction after lunch and the next day would be spend putting the finishing touches on the interior while the plants outside would be put into the ground. It wasn't much, really, but it did make a big difference, and lightened the place up. 

It wasn't just the work that was done on the house that livened the place, but Donghae as well. He and Hyukjae spent the majority of their time together, sending small glances toward one another when they thought no one was looking. 

They'd sneak around and steal small kisses when no one was around to see them. Donghae had opened up to Hyukjae, and Hyukjae had opened up to him, speaking about their parents and jobs during the night instead of sleeping. 

Hyukjae sat outside with a glass of water in his hands. Yoona and Sora were on their knees, digging holes and marking the ground where they would plant small bushes or flowers in the flower beds they created. 

He looked over at Yoona, seeing her concentrated face. She hadn't spoken much with Hyukjae through the week, and spent most of her time with Sora. Hyukjae wondered what the two had talked about. 

Normally when Sora and Hyukjae had tough family situations, they would come to one another and discuss, trying to figure out what the problem was, but Sora hadn't said anything to him, and Donghae was changing into a better person, so he thought things were going well.

"What are you thinking about?" Donghae asked, sitting down on the steps beside Hyukjae. 

"Yoona," Hyukjae said without hesitation.

"What about her?" Donghae asked.

"I haven't spoken to her much over the week," Hyukjae said. "Have you?"

Donghae thought for a moment. "Not really. I've spent most of my time with you." Donghae took the glass of water out of Hyukjae's hands and brought it to his lips, taking a sip before handing it back. 

"I leave the day after tomorrow," Hyukjae said softly. 

Hyukjae's head dropped a bit. It had been 6 days, that meant 7 was the finishing touches and the next day he was calling everyone out and they would be gone for good; headed back into the city to normal life. 

He couldn't help but feel sad about it. Donghae had grown on him. He had become like a best friend, and he felt like he knew almost everything about him, but he also felt like Donghae was a lover.

The brunet made his heart flutter when they were near each other. They told one another personal details about their lives, and Hyukjae didn't want to let that go--he didn't want to let Donghae go.

"Don't remind me," Donghae grumbled. 

The brunet leaned onto Hyukjae's shoulder, looking around before he placed a small kiss against his neck. Hyukjae felt his face heat up and heart pound a bit harder in his chest. Donghae made him feel things he wasn't used to feeling. 

"I'm going to miss you," Hyukjae found himself saying.

"I'm going to miss you too," Donghae said with a sigh. "And this," he added.

"This?" Hyukjae asked, looking down at Donghae who was still leaning against his shoulder.

"The kisses, the hugs, the smiles," Donghae said, looking out over the yard. "I'm going to miss the way you make me feel."

"The way you make me feel~" Hyukjae cooed, beginning to chuckle. "It really turns me on," he continued to sing, making Donghae laugh along with him.

"It really does," Donghae said, making Hyukjae blush scarlet.

"D-Don't say things like that," Hyukjae said, pushing Donghae away from him.

The brunet chuckled. "Sorry," he said, laughter dying down. "Wh-What's going to happen when you're gone?"

"I guess....nothing," Hyukjae replied, unable to look at Donghae.

"I don't want you to leave," Donghae said. 

"But I have to," Hyukjae said. 

"No you don't," Donghae said quickly.

"I do. I work out of the city and you live here now, with you wife," Hyukjae spat.

The word tasted horrible rolling off Hyukjae's tongue. He looked at Donghae, seeing the man's face twist in anger. He looked away from Hyukjae, and out toward Sora and Yoona. He grunted and stood up.

"She won't be my wife," Donghae said. 

"And how would that make a difference?" Hyukjae asked growing angry, but not at Donghae specifically. "You can't just say that and then not act on it. And even if you did, what did you think was gonna happen? I magically fall in love with you and live happily ever after?"

"I-I don't know, but I thought we had-"

"You thought, Donghae. We can have whatever we want here, but in two days I'll be gone, and life will go on. If you don't get your mind wrapped around that now, it's going to be harder later, or it's either going to bit you in the ," Hyukjae said, standing beside Donghae.

"But Hyukjae," Donghae tried, voice pleading. 

"Keep your voice down, Donghae," Hyukjae said quietly. "We don't want anyone here getting the wrong ideas." 

Hyukjae turned and went back inside while Donghae slumped b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter