012

Interior Therapist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Since there isn't that much wall space in the bathroom," Hyukjae said, setting his finished meal aside, "I was thinking we could continue the blue into the bathroom and with the green and gold accents, and have the tiling be white."

"Sounds good to me," Donghae said, sitting back in his seat. 

"For the guest bedroom, I was thinking more of a light brown or beige that would also be present in the bathroom across the hall - since it is your guest bedroom for now," Hyukjae said, looking away from Donghae has he said the last bit.

"For the kitchen, I think grey would be a good backdrop color, with white cabinets and stainless steel appliances. I feel like Sora would get by with adding plants to use as the color in the room," Hyukjae said. 

"What about counter tops?" Donghae asked. 

"I was thinking black, since I picked the lightest shade of grey I could find," Hyukjae said, sliding over the color he was imagining on the walls. "And then the Sora's accents.

"Anything for the living room yet?" Donghae asked.

"How do you feel about the kitchen and bedroom plans so far?" Hyukjae asked.

"I like them," Donghae replied. "Now, have you decided anything for the living room?" 

"Well, since it's an open floor plan, I thought we should continue the neutral color form the kitchen into the living room. I was thinking keep the grey, get a dark carpet and have lighter furniture. I was thinking add some purple and some plants," Hyukjae said. 

"Purple?" Donghae asked, furrowing his brows. 

"Yes, purple," Hyukjae replied. "I may or may not be using a lot of my favorite colors." 

Hyukjae bit his lip, looking away from Donghae. He heard the other man chuckle, and he smiled a bit. Hyukjae nibbled on his bottom lip, glancing up to meet Donghae's gaze. 

"I guess I'll trust you," Donghae said softly. 

"I mean--I just thought with your age and line of work, you'd want something more modern; something that looks a little grown up and sophisticated," Hyukjae explained. 

"I know," Donghae replied. "I trust you, and I know you'll do a good job. You did fantastic with the house back in Mokpo." 

Hyukjae paused. Thinking about Donghae's house in Mokpo brought up a lot of unsettling feelings. Donghae's face changed, and Hyukjae's only plausible answer as to why Donghae was looking at him the way he was, was because Hyukjae's expression showed the turmoil he was experiencing inside. 

"Hyukjae," Donghae said, leaning forward.

"It's nothing," Hyukjae said, grabbing his papers from the table. "I was just thinking."

"Hyukjae, I think we need to--"

"We should go," Hyukjae said, cutting Donghae off. "I should talk to Sora about what we decided." 

"Hyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter