013

Interior Therapist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"My job is done," Hyukjae said, holding his folder to his chest. "All we have left to do is decorate, and Sora is taking great care of that. You're in good hands."

"Thank you," Donghae replied, smiling at Hyukjae as the two looked over the apartment bare apartment before them.

Sora stepped into the room, going to pick up another piece from one of the many boxes she had brought in of Donghae's things and pieces they had bought specifically for the apartment. 

"You two could help me," she deadpans, glaring. 

"Where were you when Donghae and I were making the structural plans?" Hyukjae asked, voice full of sass. 

"Shopping for things for Donghae's apartment," she replied. 

"Shopping isn't a punishment for you, Sora," Hyukjae said, rolling his eyes. 

"I mean I tried," Sora said, giggling as she scurried further into the apartment. 

Another couple weeks had passed, and they knew they would be finished within the next couple days. Donghae would be able to move back into his apartment. That meant they would be separated. That meant Hyukjae would have to wait alone in the dark until things were fixed with Donghae and Yoona. 

And that is, if things with Donghae and his step-father could be patched up. 

Could he deal with being a secret to Donghae's family the rest of his life? 

It wasn't likely in Hyukjae's mind. 

"Come on, Hyuk," Donghae said, drawing Hyukjae from his thoughts. "I want to treat you to lunch. Sora! Do you want anything?" 

"Count me out," the woman replied from Donghae's bedroom. "Don't want any distractions--gotta get this done." 

Donghae shrugged, then turned to Hyukjae with a shy smile. He motioned for Hyukjae to head to the door, which the man did - body moving on autopilot. 

They walked to a small local joint, having mindless conversation along the way, but Hyukjae wasn't fully there. His responses were curt, his eyes looked about their surroundings, never at Donghae. 

Donghae had ordered for the two of them, as he had grown accustom to doing. They seated themselves at a booth beside the window. Hyukjae could feel Donghae's eyes on him, but he ignored him, and focused on his food. 

"What's up," Donghae asked.

"Nothing," Hyukjae replied, offering a small smile before he looked down at his food once more. 

"You've been quiet today," Donghae said, eyeing the man across from him. 

"No reason," Hyukjae said absentmindedly.

They fell into silence again, both picked at the remains of their food. 

"I met with my lawyer yesterday," Donghae piped up.

This caught Hyukjae's attention. 

The man straightened a bit, looking Donghae straight in the eye. Donghae noted this before he carefully continued. 

"Yoona s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter