002

Interior Therapist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae entered his bedroom shirtless and covered in droplets of water. Hyukjae looked up from his place on the edge of the bed surprised at Donghae's sudden appearance.

"I forgot a shirt," the brunette said, walking over to his dresser.

Hyukjae watched as the other male pulled a shirt out his drawer and then pulled the item over his head. Donghae looked at himself in the mirror, ruffling his damp hair before he turned to Hyukjae.

"Y-You know you can sleep in here. I don't feel comfortable taking your bed," Hyukjae said awkwardly.

"You're the guest," Donghae replied with a shrug.

"But it's yours," Hyukjae responded, hopefully.

"And I'm letting you use it," Donghae said.

"But it's big enough for two," Hyukjae said. 

Donghae didn't say anything, but stared at Hyukjae instead. Hyukjae suddenly wished he had kept his mouth shut. That didn't make the situation any less awkward.

"I-I mean, it's a queen size bed. We could b-both fit on this and have plenty of room on our s-sides," Hyukjae tried to sound confident but his voice was failing him.

"I don't think that's appropriate," Donghae replied.

"Well," Hyukjae said, looking away from Donghae, "could I chat with you for a bit about your ideas for the project?"

Donghae thought for a moment before he took a seat in the wooden chair beside the bed. Hyukjae smiled a bit, feeling as if he had taken a small step forward.

"What would you like to know?" Donghae asked.

"I was just wondering what your take was. What are big you looking for and what do you hate so I know what to avoid," Hyukjae said.

"I pretty much hate everything she chooses," Donghae said, face becoming stern.

"You hate it or do you hate her?" Hyukjae asked.

When Donghae grunted in response, he knew he had his answer. He sighed and placed his palm flat against the bedspread. He looked around the room, noticing the other's taste.

The room had tan walls with dark wooden furniture. The bedspread was navy along with the other accents around the room. The rug covering the majority of the hard wood floors was navy, matching the bed and curtains rather well in Hyukjae's eyes.

"Your taste doesn't match your personality," Hyukjae suddenly said.

"What?" Donghae asked, cocking a brow at the other.

"It's rather young for a man of your age," Hyukjae said, looking at Donghae.

"It matches the scheme of the room I had as a kid. I guess it was another way to hold onto the good times," Donghae said, looking around

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter