THE CEO

My Devil in Prada
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona and Tiffany are in front of THE building. It is indeed one of the tallest buildings in the vicinity but not as high as the 63 Building. It has about 40 floors in total.  It is composed of mirrored glasses that are boundary of color blue and silver. ‘It is really stunning’ Yoona thought while drop.

“It looks good right?” Tiffany said in confident, no, she is not the owner but working in such building just makes her proud.

Yoona answered with a nod, keeping half open.

“Fix yourself we are about to get in” Tiffany said to her while trying to fix Yoona’s collar and closing Yoona’s mouth using her hand. “Just stay behind me” She then smiled with her eyes.

‘She does look adorable with those eyes. I wonder if she has someone special....Yah! Yoona! Wake up!” She said to herself.

The door automatically opened and they both entered. Yoona tries controlling from dropping. It is elegant. She looked down at the marble floor, which each tile is a pattern to create a great art work. She looked in her right and saw the waiting area. There were plants on each end of six beige sofas and the center tables; it was just all elegant looking. It looked like a waiting area in a five star hotel than in a building. There is an area where people can read stuff. There are newspapers and magazines. It is so spacious. In her left is the reception. There are four receptionists behind a gold counter. There are also guards in every corner. 
Tiffany was looking for Yoona, she saw the girl is being stopped by one of the guards. “She is with me.” Tiffany told the guard. Mr. Guard immediately moved away. They continue walking. Tiffany put her ID in an automatic machine; it was like the ones on the train station it’s just that it is with glass covering. The Glasses split up once her ID was recognized. It leads them to the elevator lobby. It was gold and their reflection can be seen. They entered the elevator.
 “Sorry to keep you waiting” elevator said, “what floor?” she continued. Tiffany pressed the highest floor, 40th.

There are people in the elevator but no one is speaking. They are all checking their phones and IPAD. Everyone has their own business. Everybody got off and they were on the 32nd floor already. ‘Geez, my ears, it hurts’ Yoona thought and is trying to hold her ears.

“You will get use to this type of ride, especially if you have been riding this elevator for over a year now.” Tiffany breaks the silence.

Yoona smiled. “Ah by the way, thank you so much for the treat. I was really hungry so I grabbed your offer right away. I did forget my wallet at home” she said shyly.

Tiffany’s expression is like, what treat? Then she remembered, “Oh gosh, I forgot to pay Amber.” She giggled

“Is that ok?”

“The owner of that café happens to be the owner of the whole enterprise and we get free stuff there, I mean, as employees we can get anything we want and since you are not an employee yet. I supposed I need to pay Amber hmmm, or not since you will be an employee. It is really confusing” Tiffany laughed at herself.

‘Did I get the job already?’ Yoona thought with a wondering face.

“Oh no, you have not gotten the job yet miss. Well, we need to do the process. First, you need to impress the HR Director, She is really cute but rumor has it she is a real terror and a keen observer." Tiffany narrowed her eyes while nodding.

Yoona was shocked that Tiffany answered her question without even opening . 

"To give you a brief background, this is a multinational company and we have over 10k employees in Korea alone. Well, they own couple of malls, amusement parks, restaurants, hotels and hospitals. We also have the largest modeling agency in Korea. All of our models are the highest paid in Korea. Most girls will kill for a spot. Everyone would like it to be rich and famous."

Nothing much registered in Yoona’s head. dropped amazed how large this company is.

They reached the 40th floor. It was a carpeted area. There is a big conference room that size up to 50 individuals likes the ones that she sees in TV where all shareholders hold their meetings about stuffs. Yoona is still following Tiffany while observing the place.

“This is my office.” Tiffany said with a welcoming sound.

There was a tag on the door saying “Tiffany Hwang, Assistant of the President”. It is a box type aquarium with a pink office table inside and two pink monitors on top of it connected to a pink key board and mouse. There is a printer that can function as a fax machine and a photo copier, guess what it is pink too. There are two pink telephones beside it.  There are lots of stuffs and it is all pink. The chair, the pillow chairs even her curtains it is ALL PINK.

‘Woah, Pink OVERLOAD!’ Yoona thought, she shook her head. “You really like pink stuff huh” she said to Tiffany with an awkward smile.

“Yeah, I have everything customized. That is why I love working here my boss allowed me to design everything and buy all these babies using her card and she likes pink too, awesome right? She is so nice. My job is kinda easy too. What I just need to do is to make sure that I read all the proposals and discuss to her what is written if she approve she will sign and if not, I will list down what she wants to change, retype everything and print then have her to sign it. I also fix her sched and send all of the things that she thinks are boring to her sisters to do list."  She said in high tone, as if she had just taken drugs or something.

“Ah OK” Yoona’s only respond because she has nothing else to say.

“Anyway give me your profile. I need to fax it to Sunny.”

“Here” She gave her resume to Tiffany.

“I love this fax machine I just got this last week, and it is so fast” Tiffany smiled

There is nothing extraordinary on that machine it is the same as every fax machine it is just that it is PINK.

The phone rang.

“Soshi Enterprise, Office of the CEO, Tiffany speaking” She answered with a sweet tone.

“Hi Sunny, you got my fax?” She said and pressed the mute button and said to Yoona “See that was fast.”

“Ok…..I will have her wait in the conference room….. Sure thanks.. uhuh, see you in a bit. Bye. (Phone call ended). That was the HR Director. You need to wait inside the conference room. (She pointed on the conference room doorway) I have stuff to do so I can’t accompany you inside. Just sit and wait until someone enters” Tiffany said with a smile.

Yoona walked inside the conference room. The room is scented with Victoria secrets' romantic wish. She sat down on one of the chairs on the end of the long table.

 

MEANWHILE

 

A light pink Aventador Lamborghini stopped in the main entrance. A tall woman wearing stiletto and a black blazer went out she slowly flipped her hair and the wind is playing and dancing through the strands of her hair. She kept her D&G shades on her face and threw her car keys to the ballet. She is carrying a paper bag and a poodle stuff toy. A guard opened the door and greeted her excitedly. She did not mind him and everyone that greeted her and talked behind her back after she passes by. Then she rides the elevator. "I should fire those gossipers!" She heard one saying that she is the irresponsible power tripper . She reaches the 40th floor and went straight to Tiffany’s' office "Busy much?” She asked Tiffany in a cold tone.

Tiffany looked up with a shocked expression. “You are early today; your appointment won’t start until after lunch.”

The tall woman never goes to work before 12 noon.  Everyone knows that her day starts at that time and ends around 3 in the morning because she really party hard EVERYNIGHT!

“Yeah, I have nothing to do at home.” She slouch her body on one of the chairs in front of the pink table.

“So, how was the party last night?” Tiffany started the conversation, knowing that her boss loves to tell stories about her day. They could spend the whole day talking about non sense.

“You did not say that it was a party for my sister, it was BORING.” She scolded “There were violins and piano and other instruments that God knows what it is called! I was expecting booze, hot guys, flirty girls but all my dreams were shattered! I was even wearing my favorite shinning shimmering dress and it all failed!!!!.....Will she like that stuff?"

Before Tiffany opens , she continued “Ah yeah, because she is such a boring person. Remind me Fany why did I need to attend that stuff?”

“Because you sent your sister to Japan, to meet the perfumer client….” Before she even continues the girl continue speaking.

“Ah yeah, that guy is such a . I am his and there is no way I am going to meet him again at least to li'l sis, he seemed no match." She had her devilish smile.

“Oh Soo Young, you took advantage of your sister again.” Tiffany commented rolling her eyes.

“Yah! I am running a company, you know, and a trip to somewhere else is not really a good idea.” She exclaimed.

“Even it is something for your own company?" Soo young did not answered and just give her the signature Korean look with a brave pout. Tiffany continued "Whatever and Why are you not removing your shades Miss Choi?" Tiffany asked.

“I had an accident last night.”
Tiffany looked really worried. Soo young continued "I was so bored when I asked one of the musicians to lend me the violin and I tried playing it, I was actually good (nodding her head) not until one of the chords broke..."

Tiffany interrupted "It hits your ey

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter