5

Life Goes On

“Hey, you handsome er, what took you so long?” Jongdae inquired as Kyungsoo set his tray down at the table and at last joined them for lunch.

“No way! I didn’t see that they had French Onion soup! Give it to me!” was Baekhyun’s way of greeting the returning member of their group.

“Baekhyun, keep your pretty little hands away from my soup and I might just allow you to keep them in your possession,” Baekhyun noticeably paled and withdrew his hands from Kyungsoo’s tray, cradling them to his chest and looking at them as if he had never before realized how precious they were to him.

“And Jongdae, I got caught up with the ever-present, Kim Jongin.”

“What did he do to you, are you okay?” Jongdae asked concernedly, touching Kyungsoo all over to assess the damage.

“Calm your Jongdae, you know he never physically abuses me.  And to be quite frank, the ‘insults’ he throws at me are just so pathetic I’m more inclined to feel sorry for him and his limited vocabulary than I am to cower in fear and emotional pain.  He really does make an atrocious bully, he’s just too nice,” Kyungsoo said with yet another sigh.

“Nice my ! That motherer is a to you!”

“Dear, dear Jongdae, I appreciate your concern, but it really isn’t an issue that I can’t handle,” Kyungsoo replied, laying a calming hand to Jongdae’s upper arm.

“Kyungsoo’s right you know, Kai’s not really a bad person.  I have no idea why he hate’s Kyunggie so much, but he’s actually a really nice guy.  He’s dopey and adorable, like a puppy.”

“Don’t call me Kyunggie, Baekhyun, I will your up.”

“See, Kyunggie is more of a bully than Kai actually is.”

“That’s it, I’m tying you up and sawing off your petite little hands!”

Baekhyun let out a shriek and hid behind Jongdae for safety.  Jongdae merely sighed resignedly; it was clear that Kyungsoo was never going to stand up for himself against Kai.  As Baekhyun continued to use him as a shield from Kyungsoo’s laughing assault, Jongdae just quietly sat and ate Kyungsoo’s French Onion soup.

The two of them finally quit their fooling around and returned to their seats to quickly finish their lunches, as the period was almost over.

“Goddammit Jongdae!  See if I let you copy my bio homework tomorrow!”

They both knew this was an empty threat, so Jongdae didn’t even bother to respond to Kyungsoo’s continued shrieks, instead taking his tray up in anticipation of the bell.

Almost as soon as he returned to the table, the bell rang indicating the end of their precious meal time.

“Well, I gotta bolt, I’ll see you two later in gym class,” was what Jongdae said as he grabbed his bag and left while the other two groaned and frantically returned their trays.

“I swear, Jongdae is much too enthusiastic for gym.”

Baekhyun merely grunted his agreement as he turned off down a different hallway to get to his next class.