3

Life Goes On

“Hey, Kyungsoo, the three of us hanging out this weekend?” was Baekhyun’s question as soon as Kyungsoo walked into the choir room.

“Yeah, sure. Who’s house?  My mom isn’t too happy about the chocolate you and Jongdae managed to smear all over the kitchen last week, so I think my house is out, I’d really like to give her another week to recover before we cause he more distress.”

There was a maniacal chuckle from just behind him that announced the arrival of the Troublemaker Jongdae.

“We can hang at my place this week, parents have date night Saturday, so we’d have the place to ourselves, at least for a few hours,” Jongdae volunteered as he took the open seat on the other side of Baekhyun.  “Is someone going to bring ice cream? I’m seriously craving some coffee flavor.”

“I’ll bring it,” Baekhyun asserted as the teacher walked into the room and conversations began to taper off in anticipation of the lesson.  “Kyungsoo’ll bring kimchi spaghetti, won’t ya Soo Soo?”

Kyungsoo was unable to verbally respond to this due to the teacher beginning the lesson, so he settled for flicking the two of them off before directing his attention to the teacher to find out which songs from their repertoire they would be practicing today.

 

When the period ended, the three of them slowly packed up their stuff to go to lunch, Jongdae handing the bio worksheet back to Kyungsoo.

“Thanks Kyunggie, you’re a life saver.”

“Jongdae, I swear to God, you call me ‘Kyunggie’ one more time, or you Baekhyun with your ‘Soo Soo,’ I will rip your ing throats out and feed them to my dog,” Kyungsoo glowered at them.

“Is there a problem here?” the teacher asked with raised eyebrows, but otherwise a total lack of concern on his face.

“No, Sungsaengnim, there is no issue,” Kyungsoo replied, heat rushing to his cheeks.

As soon as the teacher was out of earshot, Baekhyun and Jongdae’s previously quiet sniggers erupted into raucous laughter.

“You should have seen your face! Your precious little cheeks got so red!” Jongdae exclaimed as he brought his hands to said cheeks and smooshed them together, forcing Kyungsoo’s lips to pucker out.

“Screw you Kim Jongdae! You too Baekhyun, I’ll end both your lives.”

“Come on, let’s go to lunch, I’m starved,” was Baekhyun’s response as he began to shove the two of them out of the room.  “I wonder what’s on the menu for today?”

“You two idiots go ahead, I’ll catch you up.  I need to stop by my locker first.”

“Alright sweet cheeks, you go do your thang!”

“Jongdae, I swear on all that is Holy!”

Jongdae just sniggered again as he and Baekhyun went the other way to the cafeteria.