A Marriage and Dreams

A Second Chance

"Lee Park Hyun, do you take Kim Jae Yeo to be your wife? Do you promise to be true to her in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health, to love her and honor her all the days of your life?Do you take Kim Jae Yeo for your lawful wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do you part?" Asks the priest.

-----------

"Let's make a toast! For the new married couple!" Min-Ju says slurrly as she raises her glass.

"Min-Ju, come on. Let's go home. I'll call Kwan to pick us up." Stephanie says as she calls Kwan.

"NONONO. Come on in Seoul, at this time. MY BEST FRIEND is getting married to a named YEO. WOOOH CHEERS!" Min-Ju yells.

"Min-Ju. I think that's enough." Stephanie takes the glass from Min-Ju

"Fine be rude and don't toast for them. CUTIE! Can you give me another glass of tequila." Min-Ju calls for the bartender.

As Min-Ju takes her last shot as she's being pulled by Stephanie outside to Kwan's car. Stephanie opens the door and Kwan asks, "She's getting drunk again? That's the fourth time this week. While they were talking Min-Ju was talking in the backround, "You know your girlfriend is rude. She didn't toast for Mr. and Mrs. Bastard."

"Today is their wedding." Stephanie says as she puts Min-Ju in the car.

Stephanie buckles her and seats in the front stressed out for her best friend.

 Kwan takes Stephanie's hand, "It'll be okay." And gives a her a light kiss."

Min-Ju ruins the moment, "Are you guys getting married too?"

 

 

It's morning and Min-Ju has a huge headache. She rubs her head as she goes into the kitchen to see her brother Chong-Ho and his girlfriend, Nora. She runs up to them and hugs them, "Hey, how'd you guys get in?"

Nora hands her some coffee, "Steph opened the door for us."

"Steph?? But--" Min-Ju wonders as she sees Steph walk out from the bathroom.

"You slept here?" Min-Ju asks.

'Yes. Or else you would've drank every bottle of scotch at the bar." Stephanie answers.

"So what are you guys doing here?" Min-Ju asks her brother.

"Nothing much really. Nora and I are just on vacation before the restaurant has its grand opening in a month." Chong-Ho answers.

"Oh really? I'm happy for you guys. Wait. How are you guys here? The wedding probably just ended." Min-Ju wonders.

Chong-Ho glances at Stephanie, shaking her head as she drinks her cup of coffee,"Uhm. I didn't go. Neither did In-Su and Jin."

"WHAT!!? CHONG! WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT? THAT'S SO EMBARRASING. THAT'S OUR FRIEND. HE HELPED US THROUGH THICK AND THIN." Min-Ju screams.

"That isn't a true wedding. The only wedding I'll be attending to is when Hyun is waiting at the altar for you!!" Chong-Ho replies.

"HAIYYYY CHONG. COME ON.GROW UP. MOVE ON. LET IT GO. BUILD A BRIDGE AND GET OVER IT. BECAUSE I HAVE." Min-Ju says.

"That's enough--" Stephanie says.

"Stay out of it Steph!" Min-Ju answers angerily.

"Don't pour out anger and dissapoinment to your brother when your really angry at Hyun!" Stephanie tries to say calmly.

Min-Ju picks up her phone and calls Pa,"Pa! You let Chong-Ho,In-Su, and Jin not go to Hyun's wedding?"

"Yes. I don't see the wrong of that. Minny, Their reason was......" Pa answers.

Min-Ju stunned sits down and drops her phone not listening after that.

Chong-Ho picks up the phone to tell Pa everything is okay and that he'll explain later.

Min-Ju quietly says, "I'm sorry. I have to get dressed before I'm late to work. There's food in the fridge if you guys are hungry."

 

Min-Ju takes a shower, gets dressed and drives to work. She couldn't think of anything else except of what Chong-Ho said.

Shes comes into the office and everybody is smiling and congratulating her. She couldn't understand because nothing has happened good in her life but for bad things.When she walks into her office she sees Mrs Valdez and Mr. Valdez.

Gasping, "Uhm Mrs.Valdez? Mr. Valdez? What's going on? Min-Ju asks.

"Honey! Didn't you already hear? or See? You and this company are on the number one the Frobes' List.You put the Carino Agencies in number two. Being partners with half the world will keep you and your company at number one for quite sometime." Mrs. Valdez explained.

"Oh My God. Mrs.Valdez. I have no idea what to say." Min-Ju stutters.

"Oh dear you don't have to say anything. You have a photoshoot with Forbes because you are going to be on the cover. Well dear see you at the shoot." Mrs. Valdez smiles as she walks out the office. "Congratualtions" Mr. Valdez adds.

Min-Ju sits on her chair, she spins her chair around and takes a look at the beautiful view, thinking, "Wow Min-Ju. You really have done the impossible. You got the biggest Agency to be partners with you and now you made the Valdez Coorperation number one of being the biggest and richest coorperation in the world. You got the dream you wanted. But how come you don't feel satisfied with yourself? Because your dream hasn't been completed without hearing the words "Min-Ju, I love--"

Skylar disrupts her thoughts by knocking on the door, "Uhm excuse me Mrs. Park? You have a visitor."

 

 

Min-Ju turns around and sees Yeo walk in.