Christmas Time

A Second Chance

Min-Ju, Stephanie, Ma, Hyun's mom and Yeo are in the kitchen making food for Christmas Eve.

"Hayeee. It's been a long time since we've done this. I'm glad Min-Ju came back." Hyun's mom says happily.

Ma responds, "Ya ya I know right. And we have some new family too." As she looks at Yeo and Steph.

Stephanie looks at Min-Ju then at Ma,"Actually---"

Min-Ju interrupts,"Yeah! I'm glad I'm back. Hopefully I can come more often." she smiles and glares at Stephanie.

"Minny, Go to the store with Hyun and Jin to get some rice and more ingredients" Hyun's mom directs Min-Ju.

"Well uhm-m---" Min-Ju couldn't say no to her "mom"

"HYUN! JIN! go with Minny to get some stuff from the store!" Hyun's mom yells to get their attention.

Hyun excitedly runs up to Min-Ju and his mom. And Jin comes in the room coughing and not looking the best.

"Jin are you okay? Can you come?" Min-Ju asks.

*Cough*Cough*"uhmm---Maybe not" Jin responds weakly.

Kwan walks into the room,"I can go if you want."

"NoNoNo" Jin quickly responds.

Min-Ju raises her eyebrows in surprise.

"Uhm-- I need to ask you about how to run a buisness." Jin tries to save himself.

"Uhmm--" Kwan looks at Min-Ju if it was okay."

Min-Ju nods and assists Jin to the couch,"It's fine you can stay here and when I get back I'll make some of the chicken soup I always make for you."

"Okayokay. Go ahead before they close. Here, this is the list that we need." Hyun's mom hands over the list of ingredients.

As Hyun and Min-Ju head out Hyun takes a glance at Jin and Jin winks at Hyun.

Before Hyun could react his mom yells at him for moving to slow.

 

 

The whole car ride to the store was silent.

When they got to the store Min-Ju ripped the list in half and handed it to Hyun, "Get these and I'll get the rest. Meet you at the cashier in 10."

Hyun hesitates,"Wait, Can't we do this together?" with a shy smile

"No, We have to hurry because I still need to make my famous fried chicken." Min-Ju quickly says and walks away.

Hyun smiles, remembering when they would both make it together.

Min-Ju was the first to the cashier and was waiting for Hyun.

Hyun finally got to the cashier," Sorry Minn-- Min-Ju I couldn't find the spices." he chuckles as he scratches his head.

"It's ok." Min-Ju says with a straight face.

When they get back on the road it starts to snow.

When Hyun sees the first few snowflakes a smile appears on his face.

Min-Ju looked over and saw him smile, "Why are you smiling all of a sudden?"

Hyun didn't anticipate that she would say anything,"Uhmm-- I just remembered something when i saw the snow."

Min-Ju being a the curious person that she is,"...uhm what did you remember?"

Hyun smiles,"Nothing....Just when you stared at my abs when I just got out the shower."

Min-Ju frozen. Remembering that day. It was the first day of snow that year. The thought of it made her smile but she responded, "Oh please, more like flabs."

As the two reminisce, they finally reach the house.

 

When they walked into the house Kwan and Stephanie were talking, Jin was fast asleep and Yeo immediately walked up to Hyun,"Oppa! What took you so long?" and they walked away from the living room and went upstairs.

Min-Ju went straight to the kitchen to cook her fried chicken.

"Oh. Finally Min-Ju you're here. Can you please watch all the pots? When they start to boil turn them off." Hyun's mom  asked.

"Ok" Min-Ju accepted.

"Great, My husband and I will go clean up and we'll see you guys in 2 hours." Hyun's mom informed everyone.

"Well speaking of getting cleaned up, Minny your father and I need to go pick up our clothes from the dry cleaners. So clean up the kitchen and set the table for everyone..OK?" Ma tells Min-Ju as they walk out the door.

Min-Ju sighs,"ok. In-Su!! Chung-Ho!! Help me clean the kitchen."

Kwan informs Min-Ju,"Min In-Su is picking up his suit and Chong-Ho is picking up his girlfriend. I'll come help"

Min-Ju sees that when Kwan offered to help Stephanie's smile turned into a frown,"No Kwan, I'ts fine...Uhmm Stephanie didn't you tell me you wanted to show Kwan something in the garden." winking at Stephanie.

Stephanie kind of confused, "What-- ohh right..Kwan come outside with me, I have something to show you that I saw the other day."

As Stephanie led Kwan outside she turned to Min-Ju mouthing, "Talk to you later"

Min-Ju smiling as she ties her apron on.

She starts to cook and when her chicken was almost ready she hears a voice.

"MHMM. What's that smell?" Hyun breathing in the scent with his eyes closed as he walks into the kitchen, "It smells like Minny's fried chicken!!"

Min-Ju hears his voice and for the first time in a while his voice comforts and soothes her.

When Hyun opens his eyes and sees Min-Ju,"Min-Ju!! How come you didn't call me when you started to cook?"

Remembering that Hyun broke her heart, Min-Ju turns sassy again,"I don't need your help, plus you have to go get ready with your fian--" The oil from the pan was splattering off and lands on Min-Ju, making her scream and close her eyes.

Hyun with his protective reflexes towards Min-Ju, grabs her and hugs her to protect her from the oil, and keeps that position. Then says,"Yeo is taking a nap upstairs, by the way."

When Min-Ju realizes she was in Hyun's arms she backed off, "Get off!"

Hyun not letting go but being even clsoer and being face to face, "No, Not unless you let me help you."

"Aisshh, Fine, you can start to put them on the plate in a pyramid like--"

"Like before," Hyun finishes her sentence still holding onto her.

"Can you---" and before Min-Ju Could ask Hyun to let her go....

Stephanie and Kwan walks in and sees them. Stpehanie smiles and fake coughs to get their attention.

Min-Ju looks over with an embarassed face, "It's---It's not what you think." Min-Ju backs away from Hyun and pats herself down.

Stephanie smiles and asks "Uhhm.. Kwan. Hyun. Can you guys clean up the kitchen and set up the table for us so we can get ready." while she guides Min-Ju towards the staircase.

Kwan and Hyun nods and speaks at the same time, "yeah. sure."

Kwan looks at Hyun suspisously and Hyun scratches his head in embarassment.

 

--------

<>

There's so many things happening right now!!!

Min-Ju is starting to open up to Hyun slowly....or is she??

Subscribe ^.^

Comment^.^