His letter

Because of you

  It was just a normal regular Monday and Kangjoon and Taejoon were getting ready in the morning, as they got ready, Kangjoon had a bright smile on while Taejoon had a plain, serious looking face on. Once they were done getting ready they each grabbed a small box from their table and left off.

  Taejoon and Kangjoon ended up coming to class at the sametime. It was rare to see Kangjoon come into the classroom alone and not with Jaehee. Taejoon slowly sat down on his chair confused about not seeing Jaehee with Kangjoon. Meanwhile, the sleeping beauty finally wakes up at home. She searches for her phone while still under her blanket and grabs it to check the time. It was already 8:31 am and class starts at 9:00. She scratches her head while looking at her phone with lazy eyes and once she saw the time, "Ya! What the... did my alarm not go on? Ah! I'm gonna be late. Wait but the university is only a 15 minute walk. Okay I'll run and it'll be 10 minute." she says panicking then calming down. Jaehee runs to the restroom and washes her face, brush her teeth, and brushes her hair. She takes off her pajamas and put clothes on. Once she put her shoes on and grabbed her bag she left off running.

 8:59 and Jaehee was racing with her professer so she doesn't get tardy or scolded. She finally makes it to her seat and breathes heavily. Taejoon looks at her with a surprised face and gives a small sigh of relief that she's here. Kangjoon looks behind him and sees Jaehee and smiles then turns back around as the bell rang. During class Taejoon wrote another note to her and passed it next to her. She opens the 'Can you meet me behind the school building? I need to tell you something important, please just this once. I'll be waiting.' the note says as she reads it in her head. She doesn't reply back and continues her work.

 Break starts and Taejoon leave first and Jaehee stares at him as he leaves through the door. She sits and thinks for a moment. At the sametime Kangjoon takes out a small pink box with a ribbon on it from his bag and smiles at it and looks back at Jaehee, but once he looked back, she gets up and leaves the room. He quickly gets ups too and follows without calling her name wanting to surprise her. Kangjoon then follows her outside where no one usually goes. He tilts his head with the box behind him and quietly follows her. Jaehee makes it behind the school building and sees Taejoon leaning on the wall looking at a small gray box with a letter on it. Kangjoon follows her and smiles as she disappears to see Taejoon, he slowly peeked his head to see her but then what he sees was Jaehee walking towards Taejoon.

 "You came." Taejoon says with a cricked smile. "What is it that you wanted to tell me?" she says feeling uncomfortable. Taejoon then casually walks over to her and hands out the small gray box with a letter. "What's this?" Jaehee says surprised with a small smile. "Happy birthday! What did you forget your birthday?" Taejoon says cheerfully. Surprised by Taejoon's bright side, Jaehee stood there with a smile without her knowing. Taejoon grabs out her hand and puts the box and letter in her hand. "This is my birthday gift to you, I hope you like it and..." he puts on hand behind his head, "Uh...yeah uh, I didn't forget your birthday, you know I don't and uh....open the box and read the letter at home okay." he says with a smile. She nods her head and opens the box, she opens the box and she pulls out a silver necklace with her name carved on a heart. "Thank you, Taejoon." she says with a bright smile looking at him. He quickly turns his head and clears his throat. "I'll help put it on you." he says grabbing the necklace and unhooks the chain and walks behind Jaehee. He places the necklace in front on her and hooks it back behind her with a smile.  

  Kangjoon stood behind the wall that lead to the back of the school and watched them. He shakes his head and walks away with a disappointed expression. "Let's get back to class." Taejoon says walking up ahead first. She nods her head holding onto her necklace.

 Once school was over, Kangjoon ignored Jaehee the whole way walking to her to her job. She thanks him and he starts to walk home. When you got home he takes off his shoes and slips on his slippers and walks upstairs. He closes hos door and lays on his bed and lets out a big sigh, looking at the pink box. He opens it and takes out a gold plated necklace with Jaehee's name designed with it. He stares at the necklace with sad eyes wanting to cry but held them back.  

 Jaehee then got home early at 11:30 pm since there weren't many customers and her bosses told her to get some rest. She goes and takes a shower and comes into her room with pajamas and looks at the letter Taejoon gave her and she became curious and ran to her bag to get it. She gets it and sits at her table, she slowly opens it and starts to read it.


     Jaehee, happy birthday. I know that things aren't going well with each other but I'm glad that you came to get your present. I, I hope we can still make up and start over again. This time I won't hurt you but protect you instead. When you said you liked me back then, I was planning on telling you how I felt too but I thought you left me until I heard you were forced to leave. I thought about you everyday but that was lacking my training and I got scolded a lot. I thought that if I try to forget you it would be better but it got worse and I acutally forgot about you for the moment and I didn't even remember how you looked like because of all the work I've been doing. I'm sorry, I'm really sorry that I didn't recognizes you when we first met. It hurt me so bad when I realized it was you when you showed up on TV. All I can say is sorry. All the pain you've been bearing can stop. I don't want to see you hurting anymore but smile. You have your friend Kangjoon, I'm sure he'll protect and help you like he always have. I'm sorry I couldn't be there for you when you needed me the most. Lets start over even if it means going back to introducing each other and leaving the past if that's what you want. I just want to be with you again. I miss you, all this time I've missed you but you and I have changed bit by bit. We barely know each other now, are feelings are probably different from before too. 

     Saranghae Jaehee as a friend, I'm sorry my feelings for you have changed over time. Lets be friends again okay. It's your choice.

                                                                         

                                           Taejoon

 


  Tears came to Jaehee's eyes and dripped to the letter. She took a deep breath and wiped her tears then covering . "Huh....t..this idiot", she tries to smile but can't, "What am...I suppose to say to this now that we told each other? It hurts, because of you, if I hadn't met you this wouldn't be happening to me." she says staring at the letter then holding onto her necklace he gave her she holds onto to it. She finally goes to bed after a while and holds onto her necklace while she sleeps.