The Rooftop of Doom

Our Scenario

Diona's POV: By lunch time I had cheered up a little. I sat with my acquaintances, but mostly studied my food. I ate faster than yesterday, and there was still a lot of time left, so I decided to go search for the library. Maybe there would be a book that could help me with my Japanese in there. I finally found it and walked into a light-filled room with books all around me. I was in awe for like the third time, I just hope that I'd be able to find what I was looking for. At first I had trouble, but eventually I found one, then the bell rang for fifth period.

            I started reading while walking to class, I was so absorbed in the book that I didn’t even see the person in front of me, and I was knocked to the ground. "I'm so sorry." I heard in English, and then I looked up to see a very handsome face looking down at me. He put his hand out to help me up. I noted how strong his was as he was pulling me up. His hair was short, but the front was spiked up. He wore glasses that made him look mature and very nice. I was in awe for the fourth time, and it was very noticeable. He waved his hand in front of my face, and his finger went to my chin closing my mouth. I finally snapped out of it,, and he laughed a little. "Thank you." I said running off. "No problem Diona." I turned around. "How did you_" "Everyone knows who you are. You and Dinnea are practically famous here." Pfft yeah, probably for all the wrong reasons… "Oh.." I said feeling awkward. Then the bell rang. "Well I gotta go. I'll see you around…" "Haku." He smiled, and I pointed as if to remember and ran off to class. Even though it was a strange meeting between the two of us, he spoke ENGLISH! Maybe more people spoke English than I first thought. Maybe he could help me, he seemed nice enough. The thought of finally having a chance to better myself, got me through the rest of the day.

Dinnea's POV: The time had come for me to face my fears and climb the stairwell of doom. The lack of sleep from this morning was really starting to hit me. *Sigh* "Why me?" I thought as I started to ascend the stairs. I mean I've only been here for two days, and strange stuff has been happening since day one. First it was the dreams, and now it was this blue-eyed demon, that takes every opportunity to make my life a living hell. I just wanted my senior year to be at least a little normal.

            A couple of steps away from the rooftop's door, my heart began to pound. Maybe from last night's dream, or from the walk up here, I couldn't deny the shaking in my hands. Quickly wiping my palms on my skirt, and reached out for the handle. Turning the knob, I finally pushed through.

            The roof was very wide and spacious, with a bench here and there against the walls. Over to my left I saw a tall figure leaning against one of the railings. Taking a deep breath, I walked in that direction. "I was starting to think you wouldn't show up." His deep voice trials into the air, shocking me. "Well…I almost didn't. The world doesn't revolve around you ya know." I said while leaning my back against the railing. "Tch, what's your problem with me?" Finally looking over at him for the first time, I noticed a small smirk on his lips as his eyes studied me intently. "Problem? Hmm let's see…The first day I got here, it seemed like you had it out for me. I mean what am I supposed to think when you're backing  me into a classroom, and spouting off random crap about me. I didn’t even get a hello or anything! Plus not to mention lunch…" I erupted, letting out all my frustration.

            "Is that all?" "What do you mean is that all?! You know what y-you blue-eyed demon, I'm sick of you thinking you can get away with crap because of your so called "reputation." It might work on everyone else around here, but not me!" Agitated already, I started making my way towards the door. "That's exactly why…" I stopped mid-step. Looking over my shoulder, I was surprised a to see a troubled expression on his face. "Exactly what?" I asked confused. "Forget it." Pushing himself from the rail he began to walk towards me.

             "Listen I feel like I know you from somewhere… Do you..do you happen to know me by chance?" He asked. At first I thought he was joking, but the look on his face told me otherwise. "No, I don’t." I told him truthfully. "Honestly the first time I met you was yesterday, I've only been to Japan once." I turned around slowly to face him. He nodded to himself. "Is this the reason why you called me up here?" I asked getting kinda annoyed by all these wishy-washy questions. "No.. I actually wanted to finish our amusing conversation from yesterday."

            Trying to rap my brain around what he was talking about, I suddenly remembered at lunch yesterday where he was trying to tell me his name. "Um so you called me all the way up here to tell me your name?" -_- I almost busted out laughing by how ridiculous this sounded. Looking at my expression, he laughed a little. My head snapped up at the sound. It eerily sounded exactly like the laugh from my dream the first night.. Wait, then that would mean_ "Hey." He waves his hand in front of my face. "You ok, you look a little out of it." Gently he thumbed underneath my left eye. Quickly coming back to myself I slapped his hand away. "I'm fine. Listen, I just remembered I forgot to do an assignment for seventh period. I..I gotta go."

            Looking around for the door I swiftly bolted in that direction. Things were getting weird, it was like a bad case of déjà vu. I needed to go somewhere so I could think, somewhere HE wasn’t. "Hey wait!" I heard him call out to me. Grabbing the handle I had almost made it out, when arms wrapped around my waist from behind holding me in place. With my heart beating a mile a minute, I was too shocked to speak. "Takashi.." "Hu-huh?" I managed to squeak out. "My name is Keneshiro Takashi." He lightly whispered in my ear, bringing a shiver down my spine. "So you mean your name's not blue-eyed demon?" I said jokingly. Where did that sense of humor come from?

        Sensing I had calmed down some, he let me go. Spinning me around to face him, he had his signature crooked grin on his face. "No, it's not. Where'd you even come up with that name anyway?" He asked amused now. "Hey it's your fault, you’re the one who presented yourself to me that way." Smirking a little, I could feel my heartbeat returning to normal. "Yeah I guess you're right, but I'm glad you can see through my bull." Suddenly the bell signaled that lunch was over with. "You should get going." "O..oh ok, are you not going to class?" I asked curiously. "I'm a blue-eyed demon remember, gotta keep up appearances. What better way to that then show up late." He said winking at me. "Heh, whatever man it's your life. See ya around…Takashi." His name slipped off my lips in an unsuspected whisper, almost making it sound intimate. "Bye Dinnea." I swear my heart skipped a beat just then. Clearing my throat, I silently slipped through the door. Hmm maybe this tough guy could turn out to be a blue-eyed angel. 

Diona's POV: After, I saw Haku. He smiled and came over to me. "Hey what's up? How's that Japanese coming along?" "How did you know about that?" I asked shocked. I haven't told anybody about that. "I noticed the book you were carrying, when we bumped into each other." He said smiling. Summoning up the courage I finally asked for help. "Actually I was wondering if you could teach me some.." His smile faded. "Well I stay pretty busy, so I'm sorry I can't." "Oh." I said disappointed. "Well do you know if Kiyo would have time?" He thought for a second. "I'll ask him and get back with you. What's your number? Y'know, for if I have free time.." I smiled and gave it to him.

            I went to my locker to get my books for homework, and Kiyo was there still looking concerned. "Diona what's wrong?" He seemed to say. Frustrated by the lack of communication I said, "I need Dinnea to translate." I closed my locker and started walking. He was still standing there looking confused, so I beckoned him to follow. He walked behind me, and I saw Dinnea. "Hey." She said. "I gotta ask you something." We both asked at the same time. I decided to go first, since Kiyo was already here. "I need you to translate to Kiyo why I was upset earlier. Tell him that I really need to learn Japanese, and that's why." She told him, and he got excited. Dinnea translated back. "He said he could teach you, and that he was wondering if you could teach him English." I turned to him smiling and nodded. "Great! We'll meet this weekend." Dinnea translated. "Ok." I said, then someone called his name. and we looked to see a group of guys looking in our direction. One of them I noticed looked kinda like Kiyo?? "I gotta go. See you later." I made out as he waved and jogged over to them. I turned back to Dinnea. "So what'd you have to ask me?" I asked, but she didn't respond. She was still looking their direction. I shook her shoulder slightly. "Hello…?"

Dinnea POV: "Huh..?" I asked dazed. I was finally able to break away from Takashi's trance like gaze. We were walking home from school on a cool late-summer day. The sky was clear, and birds were chirping, with the laughter of children playing. Almost peacef_ "Hello!" Diona yells. "Oh sorry about that, I just have so much on my mind." I told her apologizing. It's ok I was just wondering where your mind was girl. She asked puzzled.

            "Oh nowhere." "Mmhmm maybe you were thinking about that guy you were looking at earlier. I saw the way the two of you were staring at each other. He looked exactly like Kiyo, I think they might be identical twins!" She said. "Yeah you may be right about that… Hey I wanted to tell you that I met a real cool guy today. He had red hair and everything." I couldn't help but smile thinking about him. "Really what was his name?" She asked interested. "You know the funny thing is, I never got his name, but he seemed to know mine. Man guys over here sure are weird with names. First it was the blue-eyed demon, and this guy_" "I'm sorry what? Who's this blue-eyed demon?" The confusion on her face showed she wasn't understanding what I was even talking about.

            "Oh no one, but anyway my red haired friend wanted to know if we wanted to go to a pool party Saturday." She thought for a moment. "Um yeah sure, I'd love to go. It'll get my mind off of things, and plus Kiyo might be there." "Tch, I'm to know you're going for me." I said sarcastically. "Girl you know what I mean." Bumping into me she ran past me towards to house. Running after her, we let our laughter fill the streets.