We Meet Again...

Our Scenario

Dinnea's POV: Waking up to a stream of light coming through Diona's window, it seemed like the storm had finally stopped. Birds were chirping bringing in the early morning, making everything seem normal for a change. Stretching I looked at Diona rousing from her sleep. "Psst. Pssssst…." I whispered. Diona groaned with annoyance as she glanced up at me with sleepy eyes. "What?" "We survived the night." I said. Letting it set in I got up to get ready for school that morning. "I did, but you almost didn't trying to sneak into my room last night." She said as I was leaving the room.

            After we were ready for the morning, we set out for the school. The sun was shining brightly, with the slight chill from the morning breeze. As we were walking a motorcycle rolled by, catching my attention. Thinking back to yesterday, I thought about my intense conversation with Takashi, and the decision I still had to make. "…. I know deep down inside, you feel the same way too, but you keep denying the truth." His words seemed to echo inside my head over and over again. I was starting to think that my thoughts were revolving around Takashi a little more than i liked. Sighing I started to pick up the pace. "Hey wait up girl." I heard Diona call from behind me. I stopped mid-step for her to catch up. "You ok there?" "Huh, yeah I'm fine." I said giving her a reassuring smile. She stared at me suspiciously, as if she was trying to figure out the truth, but before she got the chance commotion from down the street caught our attention. "What was that?" I said quickly trying to change the subject. "I don't know, but it sounds like it's coming from the school… Let's go check it out." Grabbing my hand she directed us towards all the noise.

            When we arrived to the school's gates nothing seemed to be out of the ordinary until we got inside. Students were rushing every which way, as if they were trying to figure out where to go. Everything seemed chaotic and out of place, making my morning seem less normal by the second. "What do you think is going on Diona?" I asked. She looked just as lost as me. "I'm not sure, maybe something happened." Looking around I managed to catch a glimpse of red hair coming down the stairs. "Hey Naki!" I said while trying to yell over all the commotion. Catching his attention he waved as he started to move towards us. "Hey how's it going?" "Fine. What's up with all the craziness in the hallway?" Naki suddenly gives Diona and me a weird look. "What?" Diona asked. "You mean you guys don't know?" "Know what?" "Last night's storm blew over that giant tree that was behind the school. It collapsed, and a section of the school was damaged." Diona gasped in shock. "Oh my gosh…no one was hurt were they?" "No, thankfully no one was here when it happened."

            I suddenly remembered when Takashi and I were on our way out of the school, hearing a loud crash. "That must have been it…" I thought. A loud speaker sounds overhead, chiming in the principals voice. "..Ahem..attention students, if you all would please proceed to the auditorium for an assembly in an orderly fashion. The assembly will take place in ten minutes thank you." Well if we didn't know what was going on already, we would have found out eventually. "Let's go before it starts to get crowded soon." Naki said while heading in the direction towards the auditorium. Shrugging my shoulders I followed behind him.

            The meeting in the auditorium was fairly quick, if you took out the news of the incident and safety issues. Other than that the only new information was the new class assignments. Since there weren't enough classrooms for all the classes, the school decided to combine some of them. Mainly just homeroom, to keep the flow of things going. Diona and I weren't sure if our classrooms got switched but we were soon going to find out. Principal Mazamaki announced that our new schedules for homerooms that were down the damaged hallway should be posted downstairs as of right now. The thought of most of my classes being changed kind of made me a little unhappy. I had just started to get used to most of my classes and now this happens. I wonder who else had to get their classes changed.

            As Diona and I exited the auditorium, nervousness settled at the pit of my stomach. "Do you think we'll be in the same homeroom together?" Diona asked as we approached the list. "I hope so, I would if all this happened and nothing good came out of it." I said as I searched for my name. I was still in the same class, nothing seemed to be changed. "Well I guess that makes sense." I thought. Diona abruptly started to squeal with joy as she pointed to her class. "Dinnea I'm in your class!!" She said excitedly. Shocked I almost started to squeal with her, but then I remembered we were in public, so I opted out for a high five instead. "Looks like Kiyo and I are with you guys too." Naki said with a content smile. "Ugh.." I heard from Diona. "Huh, what's that for?" "Nothing.." Ok then… Turning away from the board I didn't check for anyone else in our class.

            When we arrived to class finally, it was almost full of students already. Most of them were chatting about today's events, and last night’s storm. Catching a couple of seats near the back next to the window, we started to head back there. "Nice seats." Diona said with satisfaction as she sat in the seat beside mine. Naki sat in front of me, unpacking his things for the day. "Crazy how we all managed to get the same class together" I said happily. Naki turned looking over his shoulder to give me a toothy grin, but then it quickly faded. "What's the matter?" I said looking behind me. First came the shock, then came the realization. Sitting behind me was no other than Takashi himself…

            "What are you doing here Keneshiro?" Naki said quietly. Takashi ignored him as he stared intently out the window. Sighing I completely forgot that Takashi and I had the same homeroom, not only that Naki and him weren't on the best of terms for some reason. "Wow both of the twins in one classroom.." I heard Diona whisper to herself. "…lucky us." I thought. Turning around to face Takashi I looked around before saying, "Takashi…this isn't what I meant by space." He slowly turned his head to look at me for the first time. "I am giving you space…" Confused by what he meant by that I saw Kiyo come in looking for a place to sit, then another guy with glasses, followed by a beautiful petite girl who favored Naki a little bit. "Dear god no.." I heard Naki and Diona say at the same time. "What's wrong with you guys." I asked seriously confused by everyone's attitude today.  Naki waved Kiyo over before saying, "That’s my little sister…she's totally going to ruin everything." Kiyo sat down quietly, giving Diona a small grin. I saw Diona roll her eyes slightly before turning her attention to the guy with glasses that just came in. Arighty then…

The small girl immediately came over and sat at the desk across from Kiyo's. "Isn't this great?" She asked him cheerfully. Kiyo completely ignored her, as he vaguely stared behind himself to look at Diona talking to her friend.

            Shaking my head I turned towards Takashi once again, but he was already looking at me with his clear blue eyes. Shocked I adverted my eyes away. "Did you forget what we talked about yesterday?" I asked him. He smirked before saying, "Yeah I remember." "Ok…so you do remember when I asked for you to give me some space right?" "Yes." "So…" "I did promise to give you space, but I'm not moving Dinnea." With that he proceeded to look out the window. "Ugh that boy was going to be the death of me some day…" I angrily thought as I turned around.

Diona’s POV: This couldn’t have gotten any worse. How could the one person that I wanted to avoid end up in the same class as me? I let out a loud sigh, causing everyone to look at me. “You alright?” Haku leaned over to ask. I smiled looking at him “Oh..yeah I’m fine” At least he was in here to ease some of the awkwardness. Maybe this way Kiyo would get the picture that I wanted to be left alone… “Good morning Sensei!” “Good morning students. I know it has been quite an eventful morning for all of us. Nevertheless, we are here to learn, and we will make do with what we’ve got…”

            I started to zone out as our sensei went on. It was only Tuesday, and I was already ready for Friday. I wondered what Haku had planned for us to do this weekend? Smiling, I thought about him taking me on a picnic. The sun would be shining, birds chirping, and everything would be perfect. We would have easy conversation as we fed each other, and maybe at the end even share a kiss! “heh” I accidentally let out a small giggle. Dinnea turned to me. “What’s got you all giddy?” She whispered. “Oh nothing…” I turned my attention to Haku. He pushed his glasses up, completely focused on his studies. On top of being cool and confident, he seemed to be very motivated as well, and I really liked that. 

           Just then, he started putting away his things, and a few moments later, the bell rang. I looked down as he turned to me, but I knew I had been caught. “Were you staring at me?” He asked laughing. I felt my face get hot. “No!” “It’s alright. Most girls can’t keep their eyes off of me”. He said grabbing my book for me. I rolled my eyes. “That’s what you think”. “Hahaha c’mon let’s go. I’ll walk you to your next class”. As we were leaving, I looked back at Dinnea and she was looking at me shocked. My eyes hesitantly moved to Kiyo. He was watching Haku and me intensely. I couldn’t read the expression on his face, but I sure as hell didn’t want to know what he was thinking as Haku and I left the classroom.     

          “I have a feeling there’s about to be a lot of drama…” “Why do you say that?” “When we left, Dinnea and everyone was staring at us. And Kiyo…” Haku stopped in front of me. “Hey, don’t worry about anything. I’ll be right here with you.” He said giving me a reassuring hug. I hoped I could trust him, because I don’t think that I could take being lied to twice…