Clubbing

Our Scenario

Dinnea's POV: On the ride over, it was becoming increasingly hard to ignore how close Naki and I were to each other, inside Kiyo's small sports car. Due to our close proximity, I could smell the light cologne he was wearing. It was nice, not too strong, but still had a masculine scent to it. Sighing I decided to break the silence with conversation.

               "So are you guys going to show us your sweet dance moves tonight?" I asked in Japanese. Kiyo and Naki laughed like I said something wrong. "Yeah you bet. If you didn’t know, I actually have some moves." Kiyo said "Tch, that's putting it lightly…" I heard Naki mumble. Kiyo shushed him, as if he was trying to keep a secret. "Care to elaborate Kiyo?" Diona asked. He just shook his head and simply said, "Soon." I snickered as I heard Diona huff in the front seat. "We'll I guess we'll find out when we get there."

            Parking in a garage, the guys helped us from out of the car. Noticing again how good Kiyo and Diona looked together, I felt a twinge of jealousy spark from me. I know I shouldn't feel this way, but the way their relationship seemed so easy going made me secretly want something like that. Just…simple.

            The place they were taking us was kinda in a secluded area, down an alley. "Ok…sketchy much." I thought as we came upon an intimidating security guard. "Question. How are we supposed to get in? It looks exclusive." Diona asked. "No worry's, my man Kiyo has it covered." "Kiyo?" Diona turned to look at him to get an answer, but Kiyo just winked while walking ahead of us towards the security guard. "Hey Ida-san how's it going?" The behemoth of a man looked down at Kiyo, and unexpectedly smiled. "Kiyo, it's been a while." Looking up from him, he eyed us suspiciously. "Who do we have here?"  "Oh just friends from school, they're with me." The man nodded then stepped out of the way. "You know the rules, no drinking." "Yes, yes I know. See ya later Ida-san, tell Miya-san I said hello too." The man grunted, and with that Kiyo motioned for us to follow him inside. The place was surprisingly spacious and well kept, with a couple of stairs leading towards the dance floor, where quite a bit of people were dancing. The place was hype, with the latest Japanese techno/American pop music pounding out of the speakers. When we finally got settled in, the guys asked us if we wanted to dance.

 

Diona's POV:  Feeling uncomfortable already, I started to decline, but Kiyo grabbed my hand and pulled me out to the dance floor. I watched him as his body glided flawlessly. "Come on." He seemed to say smiling, then I danced a little. A medley of songs came on, and Kiyo started to get more into it. He tutted and glided around me. By now a small circle of people was starting to form around us.

          It’s like Kiyo fed off of their energy. He was really amazing. I backed into the crowd to give him space, not taking my eyes off of him once. He started doing the c-walk and I heard someone whistle “Kiyo! Yeah!” He looked over at me and smiled, his dimples showing more than usual. I could tell this was his spot, that there was nowhere else in the world he would rather be than right where he was in this very moment. He went from a c-walk to toprocking and people were chanting his name. “Incredible…” I said to myself as the song changed again to Get Me Bodied by Beyonce. He did some body rolls, and shimmied his shoulders, making his way over to me. He put his arm over my shoulders while everyone cheered for him. Kiyo was beaming. He bowed. “That was amazing!” I said in his ear. “Really? You think so?” Just then Naki and Dinnea made their way over to us. “Kiyo! Man you never fail to entertain!” Naki said slapping his hand. “Now we know what Naki meant earlier.” Dinnea said smiling. “Any other hidden talents you wanna share with us Kiyo?” He laughed humbly “You guys are too much. I was just having fun with it.” “Yeah yeah, always so modest. Let’s get some Asahi. This man deserves a beverage!” Naki said leading us off of the dance floor to get some sodas.   

 

Dinnea's POV: I was having so much fun, I didn’t want it to end! Plus seeing Naki trying to rap to Drake had me laughing so hard. Being in another culture made me feel like I was a part of something awesome. Other than the drama earlier with Takashi, I felt fine. In fact I felt great as I let the music take a hold of me, and let the outside world slip behind me. The freedom I felt at that moment came to an abrupt end as I felt a shiver run down my spine. Out of breath from dancing, I stopped to look around me. Nothing but unfamiliar faces around swaying and moving to the music. Even so, I couldn’t shake this feeling. It was the same sort of feeling I had at the mall earlier. "Maybe I just need to clear my head a little." I thought. Looking over I saw Naki jamming out to the music, and Kiyo with  little 'ole Diona who seemed to be enjoying herself. "Hey guys, I'm going to run to the restroom real quick, I'll be right back." I said, trying to make myself heard over the loud blaring music. "Want me to come?" Diona asked, but quickly glanced towards Kiyo. "Umm nah, I think I'm good. I'll be quick." "You sure?" "Yeah, I'm good." Smiling I made my way towards the back of the club.

            Not wanting to ruin what was going on between Diona and Kiyo, I decided just to go on my own. Though I wouldn't normally do this, I thought it would be a quick and easy trip. Walking down a long hallway that was slightly darker than the dance floor, I saw a halogen light signaling restrooms straight ahead. Out of the blue a hand clamps down on my forearm and pulls me to the side, in a dark corner of the club. Before I could scream a hand covers my mouth shutting it off instantly. All I could muster was a whimper. The smell of smoke and alcohol was pungent in the air, as the shadowy figure came closer, while whispering in my ear, "I've been watching you all night, and I have to tell you American…I like what I see." His hot breath smelt terrible, as he continued. "I usually don’t go for black girls, but…" Creeping his finger tips from my shoulder, to my neck, till he found my left cheek. "I'll make an exception." He laughed and my eyes grew wide with panic. Removing his hand from my mouth, he was leaning down for a kiss, when I started to scream and struggle, but the damn music was too loud. I was in deep trouble, with one thought crossing into my mind…"HELP!"

 

Diona's POV: After Dinnea said she had to go, Naki got off the dance floor, and decided to chill. By now I was relaxed and comfortable so Kiyo and I continued to dance, leaving Naki sitting at a table waiting for Dinnea.

            The music was still going fast and I was dancing on Kiyo. He put his hands on my hips and leaned down to whisper sweet nothings in my ear. I giggled, starting to feel a little shy, but then a slower song came on and he turned me around to face him. His face looked serious and nervous as his eyes held mine. "What is he doing?" I thought to myself as he took both of my hands in his and lifted them to his lips to kiss them.

            He gently pulled me to him and started talking again, as if reciting poetry and I started to look down again, feeling embarrassed, but before I looked down he grabbed my chin and lifted my face. He asked me a question as he gently my chin to my cheek. "Why are you so shy around me?" I thought he might've said. "Don't be." After saying his final words, he leaned down to kiss my forehead, my cheeks, my nose, then he started to lean down towards my lips. I could feel his breath as he got closer, but then…there was a loud commotion; yelling and screaming.

            He froze as he recognized Naki's voice as the one yelling. Kiyo seemed pained and annoyed as he slowly pulled away before our kiss. He looked at me kind of sad. "One minute." He seemed to say as he jogged over to where the commotion was, leaving me to gather my thoughts. "What…just happened?" I thought. "Everything was going perfectly. Like something out of a romance movie. His kisses were so sweet. We were SO close.. >.> I was pissed now, and decided to run after him, but all my emotions were stilled. My blood turned cold when I got there and saw what was happening.