Are You Lying?

Our Scenario

Diona’s POV: I looked at myself in the mirror after washing my hands. I was glad that I had decided to come along, because I was genuinely having a good time so far… I wondered what was going through everyone’s head, especially Kiyo’s. Shaking my head and sprucing myself up, I smiled to myself “just go with the flow..” I said as I walked out of the restroom.

                I bumped into Kiyo almost immediately after I walked out. I still couldn’t look him in his eyes, but I gave him an awkward side smile. “Uh, hey” he said scratching the back of his head. I could tell that one on one, he felt as uncomfortable as I did. “Hey” I said turning to walk back towards our room. I didn’t get far before I heard a sigh, and then “Diona..” My heart dropped because I knew what he wanted. “Just go with the flow” I told myself again as I turned around. “Yeah?” I tried to sound upbeat and oblivious. Judging by his facial expression, however, I knew he wasn’t buying. “It’s a little stuffy in there. Why don’t we go outside for a while?” “Oh no I feel fi-“ The look in his eyes stopped me. They were dead-set; almost glaring at me. “You owe me this much” He said lowly.  I sighed, gathering my thoughts and composure together “fine”.

                We went outside and walked a little ways down the sidewalk. The only sound between us was the hustle and bustle of cars and vendors on the street. Kiyo finally stopped and leaned against a wall. I looked up at him, but he just kept staring at me like he was trying to figure something out. A few minutes passed, and just as I was starting to feel uncomfortable, he spoke. “You look beautiful today, Diona.” “Thanks…” I said looking off to the side. That was weird. Why would he be complimenting me if he had a girlfriend? I was getting heated just thinking about it. “It’s been a while since I’ve been to karaoke. It’s a nice change from-“ “cut the crap Kiyo. I know why you brought me out here, so say what you need to say.” He looked caught off guard, but quickly regained his composure.

                “OK. Why have you been ignoring me? And why have you been completely stuck up Haku’s ?” “Excuse me?” I was surprised. I had never heard Kiyo Keneshiro cuss! “You heard me.” “Oh like you don’t already know!” “I don’t! That’s why I’m asking!” I could tell he was getting frustrated. I scoffed “You are really something, you know that?”  He smirked “I’m gonna pretend I didn’t hear that.” Rolling my eyes, I turned to walk back towards the karaoke bar “whatever. I’m done talking to you.” “No you’re not.” The next thing I knew, my back was against the wall, and Kiyo’s hands were on either side of my head. “You’re going to stand right here, and you’re going to listen to what I have to say!” He took a few moments to calm himself down, then he lowered his arms. All I could do was stand there frozen. I had never seen this side of Kiyo, so angry and intimidating…

                “Do you know how much sleep I lost trying to figure out what happened? What could I have possibly done to make you so angry with me? It’s like we went from all to nothing in a day. And then I saw you getting closer with Haku and it killed me.”  “What a load of crap. This guy should be a freaking actor” I thought to myself. “DON’T…roll your eyes at me, Diona”. “Ok, so if you were so hurt by this, why didn’t you do anything?” “Because you wouldn’t talk to me! You gave me a death glare every time I got close to you.” I looked away. I didn’t realize that I had been that rude to him… “You think I didn’t want to tell him to screw off? It took everything in me not to, but I didn’t because we’re not official. I can’t control who you talk to, and I can’t say anything when other guys flirt with you.” He looked down to the side and muttered “you’re not mine…” “Naomi is.”

              His eyes flicked back to me. “What?” “Haku told me that before I got here, you were in a relationship with someone, and that it was pretty serious. Naomi’s always flirting with you, so I just assumed…” “You mean to tell me that the cause of all of this is based on something you heard? Why didn’t you come to me?!” “Would you have told me the truth? I know how you guys are! Never happy with one girl so you keep a string of em off to the side.” I could feel the lump in my throat forming, but I swallowed it down hard. Kiyo looked at me completely shocked. “I don’t know what kind of ty guys you have been around, but I’m not like that at all. It that you think that lowly of me actually…” “Haku has no reason to lie to me.” I said, trying to justify myself. “And what reason do I have? I like you, Diona!” His eyes grew wide and he started to blush. There was a moment of silence before he continued.“ If you’d open your eyes, you’d see that Naomi means nothing to me. I’m looking only at you.” His eyes looked so honest and sincere, but so did Haku’s.. I shook my head feeling frustrated. “I don’t know who to believe. I’m going back.” My voice cracked.

             He didn’t try to stop me this time, but he also didn’t follow. I didn’t know when he’d come back, but that was the least of my worries. For now I just wanted to compose myself before going back in to face Naki and Dinnea. I took a deep breath before sliding the door open. To my surprise, Naki was sitting on one of the couches just looking through his phone. He looked up when he heard the door sliding and smiled at me. “Hey sorry I took so long…” “Nah it’s cool. Don’t worry about it.” He said waving me away. “Where’s Dinnea?” “She went out looking for you and Kiyo.” “Oh really? Let me text her and tell her we made it back.” “Where’s Kiyo?” he asked me as I was texting her. “He’s…coming”. A few minutes passed and Kiyo came back. We conversed for a while as I waited for Dinnea to text back, but she never did. 10 minutes went by and I still hadn’t heard from her. I was starting to get a bad feeling; my blood turned cold at the realization that my best friend could be lost in Japan’s largest city…