Why are You Here?!

Our Scenario

Dinnea's POV: As soon as Kiyo walked out of the room, Naki and I both knew that he wasn't just going out to get some air…he was going to talk to Diona. Naki sighed sitting back against the couch resuming to look through the song book, as if nothing happened. "So you can rap…"Naki said bringing my attention away from the door. Looking over at him he was eyeing me thoughtfully. "Y-yea. I try not to reveal everything at once, I like to keep the people guessing." I said jokingly. "You're just full of surprises." Naki said while quietly laughing to himself. "You're telling me, I thought Kiyo and you were going to morph into the vocaloids in a second." I said cracking up. Naki abruptly closed to song book bringing me to a jerk. Suddenly looking over at me with a serious look on his face he said, "I can take a lot of things Dinnea, but I refuse to be called a vocaloid…"

Even though his whole demeanor was totally serious, I busted out laughing. "So that's the straw that breaks the camel back, being called a vocaloid?!" I said looking at him incredulously. "Listen I have no idea what you're even saying right now, but no I refuse to be called a vocaloid. I doesn't exactly help my reputation with the lady's if you know what I mean." He said winking at me. Shaking my head at him I said, "I don't know…some girls might actually like that. You gotta open your options man, or you'll forever be alone." Patting him on the shoulder I reach over to take the song book from his lap, but before I could pull it away he gently grabbed my wrist. "Do you like them? …vocaloids I mean." He said quietly. I couldn't tell if he was being serious, or just joking around. Pulling the book towards me I replied, "They're ok, but I prefer actually people singing. Just gives it more of a genuine feel, ya know?" He nodded. "So speaking of actually singers…who's your favorite band?" He asked me curiously. "Oh that’s easy, Asian Kung-Fu Generation!" I said happily. He looked at me with a shocked expression on his face. "Heh really? Not an American band?" "Don’t get me wrong America has some pretty iconic bands, but what attracted me to them was the meaning of their lyrics. I don't know this might sound sappy and I'm not trying to anger by saying this, but now a days you can't get any good music like the greats anymore. It's all about money, girls, and fame. Where's the story?!" I said slightly raising my voice.

"It sounds like you're pretty passionate about music." Naki said thoughtfully. "Yeah, other than Diona music is pretty much my best friend, in a figurative way of speaking. It's been there for me through the ups and downs of my life." I said looking directly at him. "I totally understand what you mean. The best thing about being a musician is that I can say exactly what I want to say, and play just about anything that pops up in my head and call it mine… There's no better felling in the world than listening to something that you've worked hard on." Naki said. As we sat there and talked I was beginning to see the real Naki sitting in front of me. When he talked about music his demeanor changed, and he seemed so passionate about the whole conversation. It was rare to see him like this, not cracking jokes to carry on a conversation, but just simply speaking to me.

"So I've been working on this new song…" He said bringing my attention back towards the conversation. "Really? What's it about?" I asked intrigued. "Moments..." He stated simply. "Ok. What kind of moments." I said pushing him for more information. He sat there for a while thinking of the right way to put his next words. "Mmm.. It's kind of hard to explain, you see everyone in the world has moments which they remember clear as day. Some good and some bad." He looked over at me, making sure I was following along. I nodded motioning for him to continue. "I believe what makes a person unique is based upon the moments that individual has had from their past to their present. What I'm simply trying to say is that moments are precious. They're happening all around the world at every hour and every second of each day, and if you're not careful…you might just miss one." He said looking right at me.

Something inside me tugged for a split second from his words. His words were so simple, but something about them seemed so familiar. Clearing my throat I quickly looked away. "…Oh man I wonder what's taking Kiyo and Diona so long." I said while looking at the time on my phone. Almost sensing the change in conversation he said, "Hmm, it's been about ten minutes I wonder what could be taking them so long. You think we should go look for them?" I stood up almost too quickly. "I can! Ahem…I mean, I can go look for them." I said offering. "You sure? I could go with you, this place is kinda big and you could get los_" "No, no it's fine. They're probably up front somewhere, and forgot which room we're in." I said headed for the door. "Ok.." I heard him say as I was closing the door.

As soon as I stepped into the hallway I felt the change in atmosphere, it went from tense to electric. The hairs on the back of my neck and arms were standing up. "Great…what now?" I thought as I started to walk down the long hallway. The crashing of glass from one of the rooms made me stop in my tracks. Looking over the number on the door said twelve. Knowing that I probably shouldn’t be nosy, and look for Diona and Kiyo I decided against my better judgment and edged closer towards the door. Listening closely I heard a dark and menacing voice on the other side of the door say, "Oi! How many times do I have to ask for the money that you owe me, huh? I've sent my boys over here that last time trying to collect. To my understanding they gave you a break, but it's been a month Hashiro and there's still nothing…" I heard mumbling, but couldn't make out what the person was saying. I leaned closer into the door trying to listen for more. "…Hashiro my friend, I can't give you anymore days. I need it now_" All of a sudden the door is being whisked open. I almost fell flat on my face, when I'm caught in a pair of sturdy arm. Static electricity flew through my body like a speeding bullet. Gasping I looked up, curious who's arms I was in. Looking up into clear blue eyes I began to quickly realize that I wasn't in just anybody's arms, they were Takashi's…

Shocked, but with speedy reflexes he quickly raised me up while swiftly shutting to door behind him. "What are you doing here?!" He whispered sharply. His eyes were filled with rage and worry, as he looked behind him. "What do you mean what am I doing here? I'm doing karaoke… This is an establishment of karaoke, or am I wrong?" I fired at him. He sighed while running a hand trough his almost messy man-bun. "Man was he beautiful…" I thought as I watched the simple movement. The door handle from the door behind him started the jiggle. Grabbing my hand Takashi quickly whisked me into one of the other karaoke rooms. Shutting the door behind us, he backed me into it while covering my mouth with his hand. Frightened and confused I started to push against his chest. "Shush.." He said while leaning against the door to listen.

Footsteps started to file out the room, sounding like a couple of people were coming out. Some were light while others were heavy, as they traveled down the hall towards the exit. "Where's Keneshiro?" The deep voice from earlier said, but sounded more easy going now. "I don't he must of slipped out early without us noticing…" Another voice said on the other side of the door. The guy with the deep voice sighed. "What am I going to do with that boy? He never listens me anymore…" He said with slight humor in his voice. "Heh, he isn't called Little Dragon for nothing…" The other guy said. This seemed to make them both laugh as they continued to walk down the hallway, away from us. Visible relaxing he slowly released me, uncovering my mouth. Completely confused by everything I pushed against his chest, making him stumble back a few paces. "What the hell Takashi?!" I yelled obviously upset. He raised his hands in front of him almost like he was surrendering or protecting himself from my next attack. "I'm sorry." He said looking at me with true meaning in his words. "Sorry? You mean for yanking me up, and almost smothering in a room alone with you?!" I asked bewildered by everything that just happened. "I'm sorry, but I had to. You just have to understand." He said. "Understand what? Who were those men, and why was that guy asking for money?" I shot at him. He looked agitated, almost like he was uncomfortable to be in the same room as me. "They're no one…" He said quietly.

I could tell he was lying by the way he wouldn't look me in the eyes. "What are you doing Takashi?" I asked looking at him, while waiting for the truth. He sighed. "Who else is with you?" He asked not answering my question. "No, not until you answer my question." I said. "Are you with him?" He said, saying the last word as if it was dirty. "With who?" I asked, but already knowing who he was talking about. "You know who…" He whispered harshly. "That's none of your business." I glared. "I told you I'd give you space for you to have time to think, but you…you aren't playing fair." He said while taking a step towards me. "What are you talking about Takashi? I have the right to hang out with anyone I damn please." I said getting angry. "Anyone but him…" He menacingly. "Ugh! I don’t know what happened between you two to make you hate each other, but it has nothing to do with me!" I shouted. "I didn’t really have a problem with him until he started to want what was already mine." He said taking another step in my direction. I held my hands up blocking him from me. "The last time I checked I was no one's possession Takashi. Not now, not ever!" "No Dinnea that's where you're wrong…you've been mine from start, and it's only a matter of time." He said leaning close while reaching behind me. "Till what?" I asked my breath caught in my throat from his closeness. "Till you're mine completely…" With that he opened while walking around me to go out. Stopping in the doorway he looked over his shoulder. "You tell Nakimaru that if he wants to continue to keep those precious hands of his in perfect condition he'll back off…" With that he walked out the door. Standing there stunned all I could think of was what the flip did I just get myself into… Quickly realizing how long I'd been gone I hurried back towards the karaoke room where everyone was waiting.

***Things seem to be getting serious between Takashi and Naki, with Dinnea caught between it all. Who were those people, and why is Takashi keeping secrets?! Find out next time! ;)***