Truths Be Told

Our Scenario

Diona's POV: That night I dreamt of Kiyo. He was laughing and smiling with his friends and he looked so happy. I whispered out his name, and he immediately turned around. Kiyo gave me the warmest smile while opening his arms to me. As I was about to walk over to hug him, I heard a laugh, and then saw Naomi running over towards him. He hugged her tightly. “I love you” she said to him. They were just about to kiss –buzz buzz- I woke up to my phone ringing “UGGH”. I looked at it and it was a text from Haku. "Hey America! Good MORNING! ;)" I rolled my eyes and continued reading. "Get here early…I need to talk to you..meet me in the cafeteria. K sunshine..?"  -Mazamaki-      

            I rolled out of bed and almost hit the floor…thanks to last night’s dream I was very irritated. "Wonder what he wants? Why am I so tired?" I got ready and found Dinnea sitting in her room listening to music. "Ready to go..?" She looked at the clock. "It's early." "I know but I need to be there early." She hesitantly got her stuff and looked at me suspiciously. "Come on!" I faked a smile and pushed her out the door.

            It took us about 15 minutes to get to the school, but I was getting more and more curious about why Haku wanted to meet with me. I turned to Dinnea when we got in the school. "So I'll meet you after school I guess. I gotta do something." "Wait where are you going?" I turned back around, "I'll tell you later." She just nodded and started to walk off. I don't why I was being so secretive. I was only going to talk to Haku. It didn't matter now, because I was standing in front of the cafeteria doors.

            I opened the doors and went in expecting to see Haku sitting, but to my surprise, he wasn't there. "Oook..? What the hell Haku? Where are you? I'm gonna kill you, ya jerk!" I yelled loudly before I came out of the cafeteria.. When I walked out, there was a crowd of people standing there. “What are you looking at?!” I glared at them and they spread like fish. I went to my locker pissed. As I was gathering my books for first period, I heard laughing. My heart skipped a beat as I peeked around the corner to see Kiyo laughing with his friends. His back was facing me. “There’s no way that-“ “Kiyo!” just then Naomi came waltzing up and hugged him tightly around his waist. Kiyo casually put his arm around her. I slammed my locker shut and stomped off.

Why was I so upset? It’s not like we’re dating…I was stupid to believe that he liked me like that. He was obviously just being nice, I mean Naomi is beautiful and she’s known him a lot longer than I have…”Diona? Are you still with us?” Everyone turned to look at me. “Huh? Oh yes Ito-san” I said slumping down in my seat. Man, today really wasn’t the day…

            When fifth period finally came around, I got a slight push from Haku. "Where were you?!" We asked at the same time. "I waited for you for like forever!" I yelled getting in his face. He was way taller than me, so I know I looked pitiful, but I didn't care. "I said be here early! Not at the crack of dawn!" He yelled back. I turned around so that my back was facing him and crossed my arms. "Well maybe you should be more specific." He was silent for a second. "Hey..I'm sorry…we'll just have to reschedule…how about after school..?" I sighed.. "Fine.." "Cool.." He said and started to walk away. "Oh and hey Diona?" He turned walking backwards. "Don't be late." I glared at him and mouthed a few choice words. He laughed and turned to walk away.

Dinnea's POV: I had a major headache waking up this morning, it was like my head was about to explode. Getting up I looked at the clock. 5:30"Why the hell is it so early in the morning?" I groaned from the lack of sleep and a dying headache. it up I decided to go ahead and take a shower to get ready for school. When I was done I tried to keep myself busy with listening to music before time to go. Finally thinking I had time to relax, Diona comes bustling into my room like she was in a hurry. "Ready to go?" Ready to go?! Looking at the clock it was only 6:30. Uhhh….no, but none the less I followed her lead even though I was pretty sure that all of this had to do with Kiyo. Shaking my head I tried hard not to smile. After we got there, she quickly said goodbye and ran off in a hurry. Ok then…

            Turning on my heels I headed towards my locker. My headache started to lessen which was a relief, but I suddenly got a feeling that something else was bothering me. Sigh…what now? When I get over one thing, something thing else starts. Deciding to just it up, I started to turn the dial on my locker to get my materials I needed to study for my Japanese history class. As I'm making my way towards homeroom, I notice someone following me. I quickly turned around, but the person ducked out of view. Great I really didn’t need anyone following me after what happened yesterday.

            Stopping in my tracks I turned completely around walking in the opposite direction. Peeping around the lockers I catch a glance of red hair. I sighed. "Naki, I know that’s you…" Jumping from my sudden emergence, he sheepishly walked into view. "Alright you caught me." He said nervously laughing. "Why are you following me?" I asked a little annoyed. He looked like he wasn't going to answer at first, but then decided against it. "I actually wanted to apologize for what happened yesterday, but…I don’t know I chickened out for some reason." He looked away. Crossing my arms I tried to look serious, but in the end I started laughing. "Naki, what am I going to do with you?" A confused looked crossed his face. "What do you mean? I thought you'd be mad or something…" "Mad? Why would I be mad, and especially at you? Yeah I was a bit shaken yesterday, but that had nothing to do with you. It was a freak occurrence, and what matters now is that I safe…which I am."

            His toothy smile appeared, which was growing more contagious by the second. "Yeah, and I'm really thankful nothing happened to you, but I can't help feeling like this is my fault for some reason…" Lightly punching him in the arm, I turned to start walking away. "Hey wait up!" He called out trying to catch up. "Naki, it's not your fault so stop thinking that. I was the one who should've gone with someone back then. I'm just too independent for my own good sometimes." Naki playfully put his arm over my shoulder, pulling me towards him slightly. "Yeah, ya kinda are, but something is still bothering me…" "Really? What?" He suddenly stopped walking, and looked down at me with a serious expression. "Who saved you?"

            Flashbacks of last night started to replay in my head, as I tried to remember the face of my savior. A chill ran up the base of my spine. "I don't really know. I couldn't really recognize his face, it was too dark, and everything happened so fast." But… There was an instant where a strobe light quickly flashed across his face. I didn’t catch a lot in that split second, but I did notice his…eyes. My eyes widened from the realization. No…it couldn't be. "Dinnea… Dinnea? Yo!" Gently shaking my shoulders, Naki looked at me concerned. "You ok? I kinda lost ya there." "Hmm? Oh, sorry I blanked out for a second. Hey do you mind if I catch up with you later, I have to…I have this test I have to study for." It wasn't completely a lie, but still I felt bad about it. "Um sure, you sure you're ok?" He asked again. "Yeah, I'm fine. I just have a lot on my mind at the moment." He let me go reluctantly. "Ok…see you later I guess."

            Giving him a small smile I quickly raced towards homeroom. My mind was racing a mile a minute, replying that moment over and over again. Even though it was just a theory, I had a pretty good idea who it was. Picking up the pace I realized that I needed to talk to someone, and that someone was…Takashi.

Diona's POV: I had to wait for Haku again after school. I sat on a bench waiting, when he FINALLY showed up. "Glad you could make it.." I said sarcastically. "Well you know, I had some business to attend to” He said jokingly again, but I wasn't in the mood and got up to walk home. Before I got too far though, a hand captured my arm keeping me from going. "Hey hey I'm sorry." He leaned down to my ear. "I really want to talk to you seriously."

I sighed not believing him. "Don't make me beg America…" I smiled picturing him on his knees begging. "I don't know…I think you should." "Ok..well you asked for this." He said backing me up against a wall. He put one arm up beside my head, and the other gently caressed my cheek. His eyes were intense and he brought his face close to mine. “What are you-“ “Shh” He put his finger to my lips and I felt my face getting hot. I closed my eyes as his face came even closer, but then “Hahahaha!” I felt a gust of air and opened my eyes to see he had increased the space between us. “You should see your face. You’re blushing!” He said walking over to the bench.

            "One thing about me." He said sitting down. "I NEVER beg." I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. “That wasn’t funny Haku!” My voice cracked. I was almost at my limit. "So what's SO important that you had to do that?" His face was suddenly serious. The most serious I have ever seen him, and I was kind of nervous of what he might say. He stared at me for what seemed like ages, not looking away. "There's something that you should know about Kiyo.." I slumped down, knowing that what he was about to say wasn't going to be good. "It's not gonna be easy to hear..but I think you should know…before you came there was someone else, and it was really serious." I closed my eyes trying to grasp what he was saying, and trying not to cry. "They got into a big argument the day before you came, but he still loves her…if I were you, I wouldn't get too attached."

            Was I hearing him right? I knew there was no way he could’ve liked me.. Is it Naomi? It had to be her.. I stood up and walked a little ways away, my back facing him. "Diona..?" "I need a minute.." I started to sniff, and he got up and hugged me from behind. "You don't have to be strong right now…I know how you feel.." He held me really tight, as if to try and grip his own pain. "Thank you for telling me…you're a really good friend." I turned so I could hug him. "Just know I'm here for you…and now that that's off my chest I wanted to ask if you could hang this weekend?" Maybe I could help you with that Japanese.: He said smiling, I smiled back.. "Sure…that would be fun."

            “Well I’ve had a long day..I really gotta get home…" I said "Oh ok.." Haku replied letting me go. "I'll walk you home then." "Oh no..you don't have to-" I stopped mid-sentence because he gave me a look that told me nothing was going to stop him from doing so.

            He walked at a respectable distance, and seemed to be watching me… "What are you looking at?" I asked sort of laughing. He turned away, and blushed a bit. "Oh nothing…you're just so pretty." He said. "Aw thanks Mazamaki!" I said putting my hand on my heart. He turned his head back around. "Yeah, yeah." We finally made it to the apartment, and we were standing outside the door. "Thanks for walking me." "Hey no problem, and remember if you ever need anything, I'm just a phone call away." He backed up smiling and I smiled and went inside. He’s a good guy. I really respect him for telling me about..”Kiyo…”