My Ninja

Our Scenario

                                                                                            

 

***Don't forget to vote and comment!!***

Dinnea's POV: Waking up, all I could think about was that the end of the week was finally here. That meant a couple of days to relax and concentrate on something other than you know who… I don’t know, ever since that day in class where Takashi showed up battered and beaten I've been finding myself thinking about him more and more. I know I shouldn't worry myself over his issues, but I can't shake the feeling that I have concerning him. Even though this was Friday, and I should be excited about it being close to the weekend something deep down inside wasn't sitting right with me. Taking a deep breath I decided to push those unwanted thoughts towards the back of my mind as I finished getting ready for school that morning.

            On the way to there while Diona and I were walking, I listened quietly as she talked to me about places she still wanted to visit, and something about a festival coming up soon. I nodded and smiled while I continued to listen as she gushed with excitement. "Girl it's going to be so much fun!" She said practically bouncing from toe to toe. "Ehh where exactly did you hear about this festival?" I asked trying to stay engaged. I mean a festival seemed like something cool to experienced, and I wanted to be just as excited as her, but I couldn’t seem to muster up enough energy to put in the effort. "Oh I uh…looked up some festivals and celebrations the other day while I was trying the brush up on my Japanese some." She said slightly blushing. I looked over at her before I stopped to grab her wrist. "Diona…you know if you're still having trouble with your Japanese I can help you. Better yet Kiy_" "No thanks." She quickly said. Pulling her arm back she looked away. "I'm already taking care of that problem…" She said. "Oh really, how?" I asked curiously. "Listen I don't want to talk about this right now. We should get going, or we're going to be late." She said changing the subject.

            Before she could walk away I grabbed her wrist again. "I know what you're doing Diona, and it's not going to work on me. We've been best friends since elementary school, you should at least give me a little credit." I said. She took a step back. "I don't know what you're talking about." She said not looking me in the eye. "Diona, I know there's something going on between you and Kiyo. You guys haven't really spoken to each other since the night we all went out together. D-did he do something… Did he hurt you?" "No of course not! Kiyo's not that type of person…" She said defensively. "Then what is it between you two?" I questioned. Being the stubborn girl she was, she refused to answer. "Ok…I won't press anymore, but whatever happened between Kiyo and you, I hoped you'd at least try to talk to him so you guys can come to "some" agreement. It's super awkward enough with Takashi and Naki constantly hating each other in front of me, I don't need extra ice to fill the room." I said.

            I know it wasn't my place to get into her and Kiyo's business, but I hated to see them so distant towards each other. They were my last hope for what cute and normal relationships was supposed to be like. From the great words of Jesse Jackson, "Keep hope alive!" Diona started the laugh. "Haha, extra ice? Come on Dinnea do you honestly think that's fair. I mean look at you and Kiyo's brother…" My eyes widened not sure where she was going with this. "What do you mean?" I asked cautiously. "I don't know. I haven't really seen you guys hang near each other a lot, but every time you're near each other I get this intense vibe going on between you two…" Well . I didn't think Diona would've caught on so quickly. Now it was my turn to be evasive. "Is that the bell I hear…" I said starting the quickly walk away. Diona laughed while catching up beside me. "Heh, see it's not nice being grilled is it?" She said smirking at me. "Oh hush. You have your problems and I have mine, no need to venture on the subject any longer." "Aww come on don't be that way…" She said while pinching the side of my cheek. "Guaahh leave me alone." I said as I started to run, while Diona happily chased me towards the school.    

            Later in the day during the lunch break I decided to go to the library because it was quite, and it was good place for getting some space between me and the classroom of drama. Walking in I looked around and the place seemed pretty normal, like any other library. I decided to sit towards the back near the window where there weren't a lot of people around. Sitting down I pulled out my kindle to continue reading the novel I was working on the other day. I had stopped at a good part last night, but was too tired to continue. I loved to read, it was almost like almost an escape from reality where the outside world no longer existed for a short while. Pressing the cover of the book on my kindle, it proceeded to open up. A sudden yawn crept up from within me as I continued to read where I left off.

            A couple of minutes in and I'm dosing off big time. It wasn't the book that was boring me, I don’t know it was like a sleep spell fell over me, and I couldn't seem to keep my eyes open. My eye lids became heavier and heavier, until my head was now resting on the table in front of me while I dozed off. "Ok I'll nap for a few minutes, then I'll get up." I thought as I drifted further into dreamland...  

            Splashing my feet alongside a riverbank, I was pleasantly enjoying the sun shine through the large trees around me. The day was simply beautiful, as I was greeted by a warm breeze through the air. My simple kimono was lifted up slightly so that it wouldn't get wet from the water. This appearance was extremely unladylike, but I didn't care at the moment because I was simply enjoying myself. Stretching up I laid back with my hands behind my head smiling. I loved this place. It was the only place I could go to truly be myself, not weighed down societies rules for me. Being a girl of my age I supposed be preparing to get married, but that life wasn't for me, especially considering that I was a_. Suddenly I hear a branch crack from behind me. My body tenses from the sound. At first I thought it might've been a small animal, but then again why would it come so close to me.

            Pretending as if I hadn't heard a thing, I slowly started to reach down towards my thigh where my shuriken (ninja star) were placed in a leather strap, secretly tucked away. I started to hum one of my favorite tunes, still giving off the presence of complete obliviousness. When I heard another snap of a twig, I quickly flicked my wrist out towards the sound. From the corner of my eye I noticed a shadow dart towards the side to dodge them. "That was a nice try, but you're going to have to sneak up on my better than that." I said finally standing up. A sudden whoosh went by me, then a low deep voice in my ear said, "You mean like this…" Startled I quickly stepped back, as I pulled out one of my kunai knives.

            It was my first time actually seeing my trespasser, as he silently stood there assess me. I was doing the same thing as I noticed that he was wearing all black tight clothing, with a head mask to match. He was tall and slim, but seemed slightly muscular from the way his clothing clung to him. The ninja also looked to be young from the way he carried himself. An old master would have conducted himself in a different matter, meaning I would've already been dead. This one like to play his prey before he finished them off. "He still has a lot to learn, I could use that to my advantage." I thought as I readied myself. Being a kunoichi (female ninja) I was trained in the art of killing just like other any ninja. This guy wasn't the first assassin that's tired to kill me, and he wouldn't be my last.

            "What are you after?" I asked low and fierce. "Isn't it obvious…" He said as he lazily walked towards me,  pulling his katana from behind his back. It gleamed in the sunlight, almost blinding me with its beauty. Stepping back I looked around myself, making sure I wasn't being backed up into anything around me. We were alone and no one would find us here. Perfect. "So you just think I will allow you to kill me? I'm sorry….but I cannot allow it!" I said while throwing my kunai at him. As he was blocking the knife I quickly pulled out my short-bladed katana and charged towards him. His reflexes were sharp as he blocked the knife and my attack at the same time. Our swords classed together creating sparks to fly within the air. I grunted pushing harder on my sword, but he started to get the upper hand by pushing me back. I side stepped out of the way before his blade came down in my left shoulder. I kicked him in the back of the knee with my right leg. He grunted only stammering a little before recovering. As I jumped backwards I threw some more shuriken at him. He blocked them easily. "." I thought as I ran for high ground. Something sharp cut my leg, as I turned to see his blade come quickly across. I bit back the pain trudging on. I heard another swoosh come from m right, just in enough time I managed to block his katana. Quickly slashing upward, I cut his right arm, creating a visible gash. This seemed to make him angry. Dashing behind me he brought the back end of his sword into my right shoulder blade. I cried out while dropping my sword to my feet. a visible smile was at his lips behind his mask. "I've never known a girl who could fight like you, too bad you have to die, I was starting to like this…" He said as he brought his sword above his head to give the finishing blow. Using the a sudden burst of energy, I tackled him down. As we started to roll down the hill, I noticed that his sword had disappeared. When we finally stopped rolling I pulled out my last kunai and placed it at his throat. "Who hired you to kill me?!" I whispered sharply. He started to laugh. "What's so funny?" I asked getting heated with anger. "Heh nothing, it's I've pictured a girl on top of me…just not with a knife." He said with humor etched in his voice.

            Looking down at him, I realized that this was the first time I've actually looked at his eyes up close. They were the clearest blue I've ever seen. How did he come across such rare eyes? "W-what you think because I'm a girl that I'm incapable of killing a man?" I asked slightly offended. It was then that I noticed how close our bodies were. Our legs were tangled, as I was hovering above his chest.  I cleared my throat asking again, "Who hired you?" He didn't answer. "Fine then I'll unmask you." "I wouldn't_" he started, but my hand was already slipping his mask off. Dark long hair fell to the sides of his face, revealing smooth pale skin with perfectly thin lips. The last thing to show was his beautiful blue eyes. Stunned by his attractiveness for a split second, he pivoted his hips causing me to roll over to where he was now on top of me. Roles now reversed I was now underneath my own knife. I grabbed his hand in an attempt to push him away, but as soon as our hands touched an electric jolt flew through me. My hand started to tingle as our hands touched. His eyes widened, but instead of letting go like I thought he would, he just proceeded to hover over me with a look of confusion and something else in his eyes. "What was that?" I asked quietly. "What trickery do you play?" The ninja asked. "Trickery? I barely know what happened myself." I said. I noticed that the tip of the knife had backed away from my throat. "What happened to killing me?" I asked. Bending down to where our lips were just a breath apart, he whispered, "Maybe next time." Then a smoke bomb went off, covering his tracks as he disappeared.

            Suddenly the bell starts ringing and I pop up from my dream with a start. Drowsy and bewildered, I looked around me making sure I was in the right time period. Blowing out a sigh of relief, I noticed something around my shoulders… Pulling whatever it was from behind me, it appeared to be a school blazer. Looking in the corner I noticed the nametag saying, "Keneshiro Takashi." Touched by the gesture, I thumbed the nametag with my fingers as I looked around the library, but he was nowhere to be seen. "Tch, I guess you and that ninja do have something in common besides being easy on the eyes…" I thought as I packed up my kindle and the blazer and started to head back to class.