Let It All Out

Our Scenario

 

Takashi's POV: Staring at the one person I was trying to avoid all day, a sense of dread washed over me. "What are you doing here Dinnea?" I said quietly as I picked the chair up from off the ground. Lightening struck across the sky, and she flinched. "Sa-same as you, I'm  waiting out the storm." I smirked. "Scared of a little storm, are we?" "N-no it's just that….ok you got me, I'm afraid of thunderstorms. I was on my way home when I got stuck in the storm, so decided to just wait it out. Why are you here?" I shrugged leaning against the windowsill. "I don't like to ride my motorcycle in a storm like this, so like you said earlier I'm waiting it out." "You ride a motorcycle, but that’s so dangerous…" "Some might say that." I said glancing straight into her eyes.

            The room was quiet for a while, neither of us saying a word. Only the rumble of the thunder reminded me that we were still in reality and this wasn't a dream. "Takashi…" She said softly, while wringing her hands. Was she nervous? "What happened to your hand?" Completely taken off guard by her question, I looked down at my left hand before putting it behind my back. "Nothing, I just hurt it a little." From what little light there was in the room, I could see her brown eyes staring at me intently. "Doing what?" I wasn't about to play this game with her. "Ya know, I'm sure there's another room that's just as good as this one…" Gathering my things I decided that I needed to leave, before she found out the truth. "Hold on a second." She called out. Stopping with my hand on the door, I couldn't bring myself to turn around. "What's going on with you Takashi? You weren't in homeroom today…" "Tch, what are you worried about me now?" I said looking over my shoulder. "Actually…yes." Stunned I turned around slowly. "Why…" I said puzzled. I've never had anyone who was concerned about me except for my brother, why was she suddenly like this? Did she know…

"Do you mind if I look at your hand?" Before I could I refuse, she was already in front of me. I tried to move it behind me, but she grabbed my wrist gently. Moving my hand in different directions, she started to unwrap it from the bandage. I put my hand over hers, trying to stop her from going any further. She pushed it away and continued unwrapping. Suddenly she gasps from what lay before her. There were bruises all along my knuckles. The swelling hadn't yet to gone down from icing it all night, so it was still somewhat puffed. Gently touching my hand with the tips of her fingers, she looked sad when she asked, "What really happened Takashi…?" I looked away from her to stare at the heavy rain, hitting the window. "I got mad and punched a wall. Can I have my hand back now?" I said pulling away from her. "Why are you lying to me?" I flinched. She knew, it was obvious from the look on her face, but I still couldn't bring myself to tell the truth. "What do you want me to say, huh? What's the use of telling you something that you already know Dinnea."

            A look of shock marred her face, before it changed to confusion. "Then that would mean…" Standing there quietly, she couldn't bring herself to finish. "Say it…" I whispered as I began to rewrap my hand. "No…it can't be true." "Say it Dinnea." Walking closer to her, my blue eyes were now staring deeply into her brown ones. The storm seemed to pick up in intensity, with branches banging against the glass windows. I couldn't quite place this feeling, but I wanted nothing more but to hear the truth come from her lips. Placing my good hand against her cheek, she closed her eyes briefly. I felt her shiver, possibly form the cold or maybe… "Say it." I said once more. "It was you…you saved me that night. Didn't you Takashi?" Satisfaction rushed over me from finally hearing the words that seemed to be torturing us both. "Yes…and I'd do it all over again if I had to." I said truthfully.

            It was strange. Instead of hitting and cussing me out for following her, she wrapped her arms around my waist and squeeze me tightly. My hands were hanging awkwardly in the air from the shock, but then came down wrapping around her securely. "Thank you… Thank you so much. Takashi you saved my life." Letting out a breath of relief, I pulled her closer to me. "You mean you're not mad?" I asked into her hair. "Heh mad?" She leaned back some. "No I'm not mad Takashi. Though I am a little creeped out that you followed me, I'm also thankful that you were there. Just thinking if he had his way me, I…" She broke of painfully, closing her eyes. "Hey…look at me." I said placing my hand underneath her chin. Slowly opening her eyes, she looked up at me. "I'd never allow him to hurt you, or anyone else. I followed you because I was worried. After you stormed off at the pool party, I couldn't help but think of the worse. I was driving by the next day and saw you get into the car with Kiyo and Naki." I paused feeling anger start to rise inside me. "Wait, so that was you at the mall too?!" she said surprised. Putting my head down, my sudden anger was washed away with shame. "Yes. That was me, but I tried to keep my distance." I said quickly. "It's just the thought of you being with him, just…" "You don’t like Naki, but why?" I sighed. "Dinnea…the way that he looks at you, I don't like it." She suddenly pulled away from me. The distance between us came with a cold breeze. "What do mean Takashi? Naki is a good friend, and I don't remember the last time saying that I was yours." "But you are though…and you know it." I said almost in a whisper. "Stop fighting it Dinnea. I know deep down inside, you feel the same way too, but you keep denying the truth. Stop torturing us both, and be with me…" Laying all my cards on the table I waited anxiously for an answer.

            "This is…a little too much for me. After what happened the other day, I think I need some time to figure out my life, but I can't do that with you complicating things like this." "What are you saying…?" The rain had suddenly died down. "I'm saying I need some space. Some real space. So that means no following me around because your jealous of the people I hang around. Takashi I…care about you I do, but I can't seem to think clearly when I'm around you. So please give me some time to figure myself out, and I will you an answer about all of this…" She gestured around her as she spoke. It wasn't quite the answer that I was looking for, but I'd take it. Anything for her. "Ok, I understand." Looking outside I said, "Let me take you home. The rain finally stopped." Nodding reluctantly, she started to gather her things. I sighed looking at her. I wished she understood how she made me feel, when I was around her.

            As we were walking out the school, we suddenly heard a loud crash. She jumped. "What was that?!" She asked looking frantically down the hallway. "I don't know, but I'm not sticking around to find out. Let's go before the cops come. We're not really supposed to be here." I said pulling her by the hand towards the doorway leading outside. "Just promise me one thing." She said quietly. "Anything…" "Just…drive slow. I hate motorcycles." I laughed holding her hand tighter

 

 

Diona’s POV: I slammed my book shut after about an hour and a half straight of trying to figure out my Japanese grammar homework. “UGH I can’t deal with this anymore. I need a break.” I was just about to text Dinnea when a green motorcycle pulled up in front of the house. I went to peak out of the blinds and my heart stopped. “Oh, that must just be Takashi” I said breathing again. I looked closer and saw Dinnea slowly getting off of the back. She looked scared to death. I shook my head laughing and decided to go to my room. That was nice of him to bring her home seeing how scared of storms she was. We both were; her fear being the lightening and mine being the thunder. I chuckled imagining us huddled up together freaking out because of the storm. I heard it was supposed to get really bad tonight…

            -DING- I looked at my phone to see I had a message from an unknown number. “Are you alright? You looked pretty upset today.” “Who is this?” I texted back. A few seconds later “Kiyo…Dinnea gave me your number. She thought you might have had something to tell me but I hardly saw you today.” I was starting to fume. Why the hell would she do that?! I hated when people tried to get into my business, and it was no exception for Dinnea. Remembering all that had happened today, I replied with a curt “No” and stormed out of my room. “What the hell Dinnea?! Where do you get off giving Kiyo my number?!” She looked at me shocked and turned to the side “Um..I’ll see you at school tomorrow” I turned and noticed Takashi staring at me intensely. Man..this guy probably didn’t have a very good impression of me. “Alright” He said finally turning his gaze to her. “I’ll see you later” he gave her a hug and walked out.

            After he was gone I plopped onto the couch upset, embarrassed, annoyed, and tired. She sat down beside me. There was silence except for the patter of rain against the house and a low rumble of thunder. “I’m…sorry. I happened to bump into him today and I remembered how in a rush you were to get to school this morning. I just assumed that it had something to do with him. I didn’t mean to get into your business or make you so upset.” I sighed and looked at her. “I know you didn’t it’s just…” I trailed off not wanting to tell her what all Haku had told me today. I didn’t want to look like an idiot yet again… “It’s just?” she brought me back. “It’s just that…I wasn’t ready to give him my number yet. I’m still trying to feel him out, y’know?” She rolled her eyes and laughed. “Why do you have to do that? It’s obvious he likes you Diona, you’re just overthinking everything like always.” She got up and headed to the kitchen. “Come on, let’s make dinner before this storm gets too bad and the power goes out.”

            The storm did get worse as the night progressed. The power went out, the rain was coming down hard, and the wind was almost as loud as a train. I was face deep in covers when I heard bumping in the house. “Oh my God what is that..?” I thought to myself. –CREEAAAAK- Just then I heard my door creak open. There was a bright flash of lightening and I saw a figure standing there. “AHHH OH !” I flipped out and squirmed around trying to get from underneath the covers. “Diona..DIONA! It’s just me! I was wondering…if I could stay in here for a little while.” “Dinnea? WHAT THE HELL! I was about to kill you!” She came and sat on my futon as I tried to slow my racing heart. “You’re shaking” “Yeah you scared the out of me.” She started to laugh “By the way…what do you have in here that you could’ve killed me with? 0.o” “Girl anything. I would have made a piece of paper work if I had to.” We both bust out laughing. Dinnea and I talked for a few hours, and as the storm started to die down we fell asleep. For the few hours of sleep I got, I felt at peace, but I knew that tomorrow morning would be the start of all hell breaking loose…