BAKAYAROU!!

Our Scenario

 

Diona’s POV: I felt instant relief when Dinnea entered the room. Although she looked a little frazzled, I was glad to know she hadn’t been lost in the big city. “Where have you been woman?! We were worried sick about you!” I blurted out. “I went looking for you and Kiyo!” She said, but I knew that was only a half-truth. “We’re just glad you’re back.” Naki said. “Come on, let’s go it’s getting kind of late.

            The air was still a little awkward. I didn’t quite know how to deal with Kiyo, and he knew that I was still torn. The ride back home was quicker than I expected, probably because I was in my own little world. “Hello? Earth to Diona!” Dinnea snapped in my face. I came back and saw that everyone was looking. “Oh sorry” I said getting out of the car. “Thanks for taking us out boys. We’ll have to do it again. It was fun.” “Yeah and next time we won’t go easy on you!” Naki said trying to talk a big game. “Whatever, Naki. You know we beat you fair and square.” I said laughing. “It’s late…we wouldn’t want to keep you guys out past your bedtime.” Naki mumbled something under his breath that I didn’t catch. “Bye Kiyo. Have a good night.” Dinnea said. My eyes flicked to Kiyo, and I noticed he had been staring at me. “G-goodnight Dinnea” he said kind of caught off guard.

            Once they were gone and we were inside, Dinnea started prying. “So?” “So what?” “What did you and Kiyo talk about?” “I don’t know what you’re talking about” “Come on Diona! We all know it happened.” I sighed “Look I don’t really feel like talking about it right now. I’m really tired.” “Well ok…but don’t think you’re off the hook!” I didn’t care. I was just happy to have her off my back for at least a little while. As I took a shower and got ready for bed, my mind couldn’t stop replaying his words “If you’d open your eyes, you’d see that Naomi means nothing to me. I’m looking only at you.” That sounds like a pretty genuine thing to say, but Haku’s actions were also very genuine. Why would he go to all that trouble if he didn’t have feelings for me? I felt the tears starting to well up in my eyes. “Damnit..” I was frustrated, my mind was racing, and I knew I wouldn’t be sleeping anytime soon…

            I tried and tried to fall asleep. I wasn’t blessed until about 3:30 the next morning. All too soon I heard my alarm go off at 6:15, but I didn’t really wake up until Dinnea was asking me if I was ready to go. “!” I jumped up quickly and scurried to get dressed. “What happened?” She asked peeping her head in my room. “It’s just been a rough morning…you go ahead. Doesn’t make sense for both of us to be late.” “Are you sure?” I gave her the best smile I could muster up “I’m positive. I’ll see you there” I packed up my lunch, gathered my backpack, and took one final look at myself in the mirror. I looked exactly how I felt; like … Sighing, I mentally pulled myself together and walked to school.

            When I got there, most everyone was already in class. The halls were quiet except for my shuffling around, and a distant conversation.  Closing my locker, I quickly turned the corner, but backtracked almost instinctively. “! That conversation is between Kiyo and Haku!” I screamed in my head. Haku started laughing. “You think this is funny?! I’m dead serious.” “Oh, I know, Kiyo-chan. It’s just, I’ve never seen you so angry.” Haku said in English. I could tell it was really pissing Kiyo off. “Stop playing with me, Haku! I’m going to ask you one more time. Do you have feelings for Diona or not?” At the sound of my name, my heart skipped a beat. I could hear one of them pacing around. “Of course I do!” “You’re so full of .” Haku started laughing again. By now my heart was pounding.

            “Do I have feelings for her? No” No..that word was like ice through my heart. “So why do all of this? Why play with her heart like that?” “You’re so naïve, Kiyo.” Haku’s tone of voice had become so serious. “Do you not realize that Naomi-“ “Yes yes, I know she has a little crush on me.” “It’s more than a little crush.” “What does she have to do with this?” “The plan was simple; to make you fall for Naomi in whatever way possible. That’s where I came in. I was the knight in shining armor to sweep Diona off her feet, which, wasn’t hard hahaha.” I felt sick. “The only reason I went along with it was because Naomi promised to hook me up with Hisae. Did she really think I’d actually fall for a gaijin?! Especially a black one.” “You’re sick…” Kiyo said through gritted teeth. “I’ll admit I am a little disappointed it didn’t last longer. I heard black girls are good in be-“ “BAKAYAROU!” Kiyo yelled.

            It sounded like he punched Haku. “You really ed up now, Keneshiro.”  I heard shuffling and grunting. It didn’t take long before students were looking out of the classrooms, and teachers were running to break it up. I just stood there frozen. I felt like my heart had been torn into a million pieces. “Kiyo! Kiyo calm down! You don’t want Mazamaki hearing about this.” I heard Naki say. “WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?!” The booming voice of Principal Mazamaki was enough to make everyone scramble. As I started to run off, I heard Kiyo chuckle “looks like daddy’s here to save you, Mazamaki Haku.”

            I could barely make it to the restroom before I broke down. How could I have been so stupid?! I should’ve known…I should’ve asked Kiyo first. I felt played, deceived, and guilty all in one. All those dirty looks and snide remarks that I gave Kiyo, when all he did was show me kindness… -DING DING- the bell to signal first period was over rang, but school was the last thing on my mind. I needed to go, to get out…I needed to gather my thoughts, or clear my mind before I lost it completely.