C h a p t e r 2: New Student

Final Goodbye?

C h a p t e r 2:

 

A couple of months passed since JiJae went to her new school.  She’s now very close to YunHo as she tells him everything and her past.

 

F l a s h b a c k

 

                 “JiJae~ah, how come when I’m over, your parents aren’t home?  Are they like on a business trip or something?” YunHo asked when he sat on her sofa reading a manga.  JiJae was next to him as she was surfing the web.  He noticed how she felt stiff.  “You alright?”

 

                 “I-I live alone,” JiJae just simply answered.

 

                 “Oh, really?” questioned YunHo.

 

                 “Yeah.”  

 

                 “Then...”

 

                 “My parents died when I was 12.  It was my fault.  I was stupid enough to run away,” JiJae explained and started crying.  “I was so stupid.”  YunHo gave her a warm embrace hoping she’ll feel better.

 

                 “I’m sorry, and I don’t think it’s your fault so don’t blame yourself, araso?” said YunHo.

 

                 “I can’t.”

 

                 “Yes you can.  What happened to them anyway?”

 

                 “They were murdered when looking for me.  I came back home after one day and found a note on the counter table.  I called the cops, and found they’re dead bodies.”

 

                 “Mianhe.”

 

                 “It’s alright.”

 

E n d of F l a s h b a c k

 

                 “YunHo~oppa, I have a question for you,” said JiJae.

 

                “What is it?” YunHo asked.

 

                 “Do you like any girls in this school?” JiJae simply asked.

 

                 “Yeah.”

 

                 “Who?”

 

                 "Anio, I won’t tell you.”

 

                 “Please,” begged JiJae pouting.  YunHo can NEVER resist her pout.

 

                 “SeulGi~ah,” YunHo said so defeated.

 

                 “Aw!” she squealed.

 

                 “Shut up.”

 

                 “Anio…now ask her out,” said JiJae.

 

                 “What if she…”

 

                 “Just ask her out.”  JiJae turned, suddenly seeing SeulGi walking in the hallway.  “SeulGi!” SeulGi turned and smiled walking to her.

 

                 “Yeah?” she SeulGi answered.

 

                 “YunHo~oppa has something to ask you,” said JiJae and left.

 

YunHo made a face behind her back as SeulGi giggled from his silliness.  YunHo looked at her, feeling himself blush.

 

                 “So…what were you going to say?” she asked.

 

                 “Uh…um…w-will…will you…uh…willyougooutwithme?”

 

                 “Sure, I love to go out with you,” SeulGi said, understanding his fast talk.  She kissed his cheek and turned.  “Bye.”

 

                 “B-Bye,” said YunHo with his eyes widened in shock.  He then turned seeing a smiling and laughing JiJae.

 

                 “What’s so funny?” he asked.

 

                 “Uh…um…w-will…will you…uh…willyougooutwithme?” JiJae mocked.

 

                 “Shut up, I’m happy that she said yes though.”

 

                 “I could tell, well bye.  I wanna walk home alone,” said JiJae.

 

                 “You sure?”

 

                 “I’m sure, appa.”

 

JiJae laughed and ran outside with happiness.  ‘Now YunHo~oppa has his girl he loves,’ JiJae thought and crossed the street to a nearby café.

 

JiJae ordered a sandwich and a coffee.  She checked her cell phone, and started messing around with it until she got her order.  She slowly ate as suddenly, someone sat next to her.  She looked him.  ‘Wow, he’s cute,’ she thought and turned back around.  Suddenly, her phone rang.  It was ChangMin.

 

                 “Yobesayo?” she answered.

 

                 “Yah!  Dongseng, can you cook for me?” he asked.

 

                 “Why?  Don’t you have instant noodles?” JiJae asked.

 

                 “Anio, I ate them all,” said ChangMin.

 

                 “After a week?”

 

                 “Yeah.”

 

                 “Araso, be there soon.”

 

                 “Oh, thank you, thank you, and thank you!” he squealed.

 

                 “Yah, don’t make me go deaf,” JiJae whined.

 

                 “Mianhe, bye.”

 

They hung up.  JiJae looked up, seeing the waitress in front of her.

 

                 “ChangMin?” she asked. Every time JiJae is at this café, ChangMin calls.

                 “Neh,” JiJae answered in embarrassment, “Here’s the pay.”  JiJae handed the money and thanked her.  She glanced back, still seeing the man that sat next to her.  “Hmm…familiar?”  She thought for a moment. “Nah.”

 

JiJae checked the time and ran to ChangMin’s.  He can’t cook well, and he LOVES JiJae’s cooking so much.

 

                 “JiJi!” ChangMin cheered when she entered his house.

 

                 “Oppa!” she greeted him back.  “Now if you want food, let me go.”

 

                 “Araso.”

 

JiJae giggled and walked in his kitchen.  ChangMin watched her cook as he waited patiently at the table.  Minutes passed when she finally finished.  She placed his plate on the table and he started GULPING everything down.

 

                 “You’re such a pig,” said JiJae.

 

                 “I know I am.  So YunHo and SeulGi going out now?” asked ChangMin.

 

                 “Yup, finally.  I laughed at the whole time.”  ChangMin gave her a look.  “He kept stuttering,” she then added.

 

                 “Wow, hey, have some!”

 

                 “Anio, I just ate.  I don’t know how and why but EVERY TIME you call me for food, I’m at a café.  The lady who takes my orders knows your name already,” JiJae explained having ChangMin laughing.

 

                 “Wow, mianhe,” ChangMin apologized.

 

                 “Oh, it’s alright.”

 

                 “We’re going to have a new student.  Did you know that?” ChangMin said.

 

                 “Really?” questioned JiJae.

 

                 “Yeah, I overheard that he’s coming here from America. He’s been here before but moved,” ChangMin answered.

 

                 “Eavesdropper, yet…gives nice information.”

 

                 “Thanks, I know that I do.”

 

                 “Don’t brag.”

 

                 “Mianhe.  Do you have more?” ChangMin asked with puppy dog eyes.

 

                 “Yeah, there’s always more,” said JiJae and placed a plate of more food.
 

                 “Thank you.”