C h a p t e r 12: Bye Oppa

Final Goodbye?

Go to chapter 11 since I edited the author's note there to add a chapter!!!

 

C h a p t e r 12:

 

 Weeks passed and still, JiJae’s heart still breaks. At most nights, she would cry herself to sleep. She would call out JaeJoong’s name in her sleep and will dream of, all the happy memories. She soon became sick as ChangMin is taking care of her same as KimBum.

“JiJae~ah, just have some soup now, araso?” said ChangMin. She weakly nodded. ChangMin came back in with a bowl of soup. He then fed her. “So, feeling any better?”

“A little, oppa. Gomawo,” JiJae answered tiredly.

“That’s good. Just rest, araso? Call me if you need me. You know that I’m always available,” ChangMin told her and left.

Once he left, JiJae sat up and looked out the window. She watched ChangMin walking home. Silently, she cried, happy that ChangMin still cares for her, knowing that she did made mistakes.

“Oppa, what did I ever deserve to have you as my friend?” she asked herself.

“Oppa!” Hyo Joo called, waving her hands happily at him. JaeJoong smiled and ran to her.

“Hey, baby,” he greeted happily. “How was your day?”

“Good, and I’ve been thinking…”

“What?” JaeJoong asked so curiously. She hesitated for a while and looked at him. “What is it?”

“Look, JaeJoong…I know how you don’t love me, love me. You love someone else,” she confessed.

“What do you mean?” JaeJoong asked confusingly.

“We’re breaking up.” JaeJoong was speechless. “JaeJoong, that girl…who we saw at the mall, she knows you. I know you do too. I saw her crying a few weeks ago again. She was talking about you,” Hyo Joo kept explaining, “Do you care for her?!” JaeJoong just looked at her, afraid to answer. “I know that you do, JaeJoong. I can see it in your eyes but I also see how you’re ignoring your feelings.”

“Hyo---“

“Hope to see you again, JaeJoong. Bye,” Hyo Joo said and walked away, leaving JaeJoong standing there alone.

“Han Hyo Joo…” he said quietly.

---

“Hm…I feel a little better. I should get some fresh air,” JiJae said to herself as she started to change into sweats and a sweater.

She grabbed her cell phone and iPod and left the house. It was partly cloudy with a small breeze. She smiled and headed to a general store. She bought coffee and decided to walk to the park. She sat on the bench, staring at the sky. She yawned, feeling tired.

“Why do I have to be tired now?” she asked herself, “Guess I’ll just sleep, there’s nothing to do.”

She got up and headed home. Someone was near her, but she ignored, not caring who it was and passed him.

“JaeJoong~oppa…” she faintly said and walked back home.

He watched her leave. He then sat on the bench, same spot she sat in, staring at the sky. He slightly smiled.

“JiJi’s right, staring at the sky can relieve the stress and has you think…saranghae.”

He decided to follow her, hoping to catch up.

“Oh, KimBum oppa,” JiJae said when she saw him at her porch.

“JiJae~ah, why are you out? I’ve been waiting for half an hour,” said KimBum.

“Oh, mianhe, oppa. I felt a little better, and decided to get some coffee and get some fresh air. I felt tired and wanted to come back and sleep,” JiJae said.

“Okay, well…c’mon, we gotta get you to sleep,” KimBum said, leading her in, having JiJae smile.

“Araso, oppa. Saranghamnida…” she said.

“Saranghamnida,” KimBum said back and kissed her cheek.

KimBum locked the door behind him and walked with JiJae to her bed. He tucked her in and kissed her forehead.

“JiJae, I’ll be staying here, so just call me if you need anything, araso?”

“Araso, oppa. You and ChangMin oppa are like my favorite brothers. That’s why I love you guys.”

“You’re my favorite sister…um…don’t tell TaeYeon that,” KimBum said.

“I won’t.”

“Good. Now, sleep,” KimBum said.

“Yes, sir!” JiJae answered and fell fast asleep.

KimBum lightly chuckled and walked out, heading to the television room. As an hour passed, he left a note for JiJae, since he has to leave to watch TaeYeon’s ballet performance. He can’t disappoint his baby sister, now can he? He slowly walked to her room and placed the note on her desk, next to her laptop. For sure, she’ll decide to go on her laptop once she wakes up at the night. He lightly kissed her forehead, and left her house. He quickly drove to TaeYeon’s performance, and smiled that he wasn’t late. Just in time. As always, KimBum sat up front. TaeYeon’s performance was perfect that everyone cheered and asked for an encore for her. Gladly, she accepted and danced. When her recital was over, she ran to KimBum and hugged him.

“Amazing job, TaeYeon,” KimBum said.

“Gomawo, oppa. Oh, and guess what?!” TaeYeon squealed.

“What is it?” he asked excitedly.

“Well…since those people are here to check to see if there are any professionals, they accepted me to tour around America for my ballet. They said that I can if I have someone with me and I need you with me, oppa,” TaeYeon answered. KimBum frowned. “Oppa, is there any rejection?”

“Oh, anio. It’s just gonna be hard for me to leave my friends,” KimBum answered without any hesitation.

“Me, too. But…we’ll be back though, I promise. I really want to do this, so are you in?”

“I’m in. Anything for you.”

“Yay! You’re the best!”

“You, too.”

Soon, JiJae’s phone rang, waking her up. She looked at her caller I.D., smiling that it was KimBum.

“Yobesayo?” JiJae answered happily.

“Oh, JiJae~ah, did I wake up?” KimBum asked.

“Oh, kinda, but it’s alright. So what’s up?” she asked.

“Well…TaeYeon, she had her ballet recital, that’s why I left.”

“And…?”

“She’ll be having a tour around America starting next week for her ballet.”

“Oh, chincha? Congrats!” JiJae squealed.

“But, I’m gonna go with her,” KimBum added. JiJae soon became speechless and stiff. “But, I’ll be back, I promise. It’s the only way and it’s her dream.”

“Araso, oppa. I understand. It’s great that you care for her. So…when are you leaving?” JiJae asked.

“Tonight in a couple of hours.”

“I’ll be there to say bye then. What’s your flight number?” JiJae immediately said.

“Bwoh? JiJae, you can’t…”

“Please, oppa. It might take forever for you to come back,” JiJae begged and pouted, even though he can’t see it.

“If you want. Well, my flight number is 546. I’ll wait,” KimBum answered.

“Good. I’ll be there ASAP!”

JiJae hung up and quickly took a shower and changed into jeans, a white tank with an oversized sweater. She took her cell phone, put on her shoes and charged to the airport, not wanting to be late. Begging for breath and water, she made it. She followed the signs to the flight and found KimBum sitting down, as TaeYeon just sat near the door, wanting to enter the plane. She smiled and ran to him and gave him a hug, scaring him.

“Whoa, JiJae, you’re fast,” KimBum said.

“Have any water?” JiJae first asked and he nodded, giving her a sip of water. “Gomawo.”

“You’re welcome, but, you could’ve taken a taxi.”

“Aish, but I was too excited to see you.”

“Aw, you care about me that much, huh?”

“Yes I do,” JiJae said cutely.

“Flight 546 will be leaving in 5 minutes. I repeat, Flight 546 will leave in 5 minutes,” said the speakers.

“Looks like I better go,” KimBum said sadly.

“Yeah…but we’ll make contact, right?” JiJae asked, not wanting him to leave.

“Promise,” said KimBum and stuck out his finger. JiJae smiled as they pinky promised.

“Well…I’ll be going now so this leaving thing won’t be hard,” JiJae said.

“Okay, but can I tell you something first?” KimBum asked.

“What is it?”

“I…I…always loved you like…more as a friend,” KimBum hesitated to answer.

“Love me?” JiJae questioned.

“Neh…but since I know you love JaeJoong, I just dealt with it and learned to love you as a sister instead,” KimBum said.

“I love you, too, oppa…as my brother, you know.”

“I know. Well…this is goodbye. I guess TaeYeon is inside without waiting for me,” KimBum replied.

“Well…hurry, it’s about to leave.”

“I will…bye.”

“Bye.”

JiJae silently cried going home, knowing that she’ll miss KimBum. He was like her brother that she never had and ChangMin, but ChangMin gets busy from work nowadays. Closing her eyes to stop her tears, and felt a little weak, knowing that might be having a fever again. She then bumped into someone.

“Mianhe,” she said and opened her eyes in shock.

-------------------

Previews for Chapter 13:

“Mianhe,” she said and opened her eyes in shock. “Oh…JaeJoong~ah.” JaeJoong just looked at her with no expression. JiJae weakly smiled as it soon started to rain. “Well…bye.”

---

“Oppa…I miss you. It’s so awkward here,” she said quietly to herself.

“I know. I haven’t felt awkward like this in a while,” JaeJoong answered, leaning against the door. JiJae turned.

---

“What are you smiling about?” he asked. JiJae looked at him, hesitantly answering him.

“Nothing,” JiJae answered, looking away.

“You sure? Do I have something on my face?”

“Anio. It’s nothing.”

---

“It’s alright, araso? At least he does care for you,” ChangMin told her.

“Or…it’s out of pity.”