C h a p t e r 13: Love or Pity?

Final Goodbye?

C h a p t e r 13:

“Mianhe,” she said and opened her eyes in shock. “Oh…JaeJoong~ah.” JaeJoong just looked at her with no expression. JiJae weakly smiled as it soon started to rain. “Well…bye.”

JiJae walked past him and JaeJoong just stood there, like a statue, listening to her sobs. Not a sound and no movement from him. JiJae coughed and felt dizzy but tried to deal with it, heading home. JaeJoong heard a loud thud, causing him to turn around.

“JiJae~ah!” he called her and ran to her side. He kneeled down, gently shaking JiJae awake. “JiJae~ah! Can you hear me?” JaeJoong asked. She didn’t reply, so JaeJoong carried her bridal style to his house. “It’s going to be okay, araso, JiJi?”

He tried to keep her dry in his jacket and ran to his house. He was soaking wet when he made it to his house as JiJae was soaking wet, too. JaeJoong walked up to his room and gently placed her on his bed. He frowned, wanting to change her in dryer clothes, but can’t. He placed a warm blanket over her and headed down to the kitchen to make tea and decided to cook her favorite rice and beef noodle soup. He smiled from those memories, having his heart break. About half and hour has passed as he put the food and tea on a tray and slowly walked to his room. He hesitated a little, but made it in. He placed the tray on his night table and headed to the bathroom, placing a damp towel on her forehead. JaeJoong looked at her and saw her shiver. He frowned and felt guilty, wanting to change her into dryer clothes.

“JiJae~ah, gwenchena?” he asked quietly.

Slowly, he felt that JiJae’s eyes were slowly opening. She looked around slowly, still not catching JaeJoong’s image. She slowly sat up, looking around again. Soon, her eyes were locked on JaeJoong. Both of their eyes finally met again, obviously, just maybe, trying to search for something.

“W-What am I doing here?” JiJae asked quietly, turning away from him.

“You collapsed. I-I brought you here,” JaeJoong answered, feeling awkward.

“Oh.”

JaeJoong walked to his closet, grabbing some sets of clothes. He walked back to JiJae, handing them back to her.

“Go take a shower and change into dryer clothes. You’re going to be sicker if you don’t,” JaeJoong told her.

“A-Araso,” JiJae answered. JaeJoong helped her out of bed so she can change. “Gomawo.”

JaeJoong heard the door close and the shower running. He looked at the bed, seeing how it’s wet from her drenched clothes. He took new bed sets and change the covers, pillow cases, well…everything. He saw how the soup and tea cold, so he went down, wanted to warm it up. After 15 minutes, JiJae walked back to the room, noticing how the bed is changed. She lied down, covering herself with the blanket. She wore a white shirt and shorts. She then decided to rest her eyes. JaeJoong came back up, finding her sleeping. He placed the tray on the night table again and kneeled beside her. JaeJoong felt her forehead and frowned.

“You still burning,” JaeJoong muttered, having her eyes open. JaeJoong saw and backed away slowly. “D-Did I wake you up?”

“A-Anio…I-I was just resting my eyes,” JiJae answered and stuttered.

“Oh…well, here I made you soup and tea,” JaeJoong said softly to her. Her heart was beating so fast.

“Oh, gomawo.”

JaeJoong place the tray on her lap once she sat up. She was going to grab the spoon, but he grabbed her wrist. JaeJoong took the spoonful of soup, putting it against her lips.

“I’ll feed you, araso. You should rest,” JaeJoong said. She nodded and opened as he fed her.

JiJae watched him, seeing how gentle his eyes and face were as he fed her. She can sense the concern in him. She finished the soup and tea. JaeJoong walked back down and washed the dishes. JiJae found her cell phone…wet, but still alive. She turned it on, seeing a text message from ChangMin.

‘Where are you?’ [ChangMin]

‘Oppa…it’s alright…I’m at…JaeJoong’s’ [JiJae]

‘Chincha? Wae?’ [ChangMin]

‘I’ll explain later…later’ [JiJae]

‘See you’ [ChangMin]

JiJae set her cell phone aside and lied back down, facing the window. She can hear the pouring rain, wishing it would stop. She sighed, staring at the ceiling.

“Oppa…I miss you. It’s so awkward here,” she said quietly to herself.

“I know. I haven’t felt awkward like this in a while,” JaeJoong answered, leaning against the door. JiJae turned.

“Oh…hey,” she greeted casually.

“Hey. H-How are you feeling?” JaeJoong asked with full curiosity.

“Weak.”

“Well…you should rest, araso?” he asked.

“Araso…oppa,” JiJae answered and faced the other way, trying to sleep.

JaeJoong nodded and walked out of his room, allowing her to sleep. He leaned against the wall next to the door and fell to the ground. He stared straight at the wall in front of him, wanting to have the verge to cry. He silently cried, hoping she won’t hear him; unfortunately, she did as she had tears flowing. She wiped them away and slowly fell asleep.

In the middle of the night, JaeJoong went upstairs from after watching some television. He took a quick shower and then changed in his pajamas. He brushed his teeth and walked to his room. He totally had forgotten that JiJae was sleeping in there. He stopped his tracks and sighed, sitting at the edge of his bed, watching her breathe deeply and sleeping. Hesitantly, he gently her hair, trying not to wake her up. JaeJoong slightly smiled, missing the feeling of hair. His eyelids became heavier and heavier, slowly falling asleep in his sitting position, his hand still in her hair.

Morning passed and JiJae woke up from the smell of food. She slowly sat up and yawned. She looked around, realizing she was still in JaeJoong’s place. She sighed…wishing she can leave since everything felt so awkward with her in his place. She stared blankly at the wall next to her, not knowing what to do. She then heard footsteps approaching, watching JaeJoong with a plate of breakfast. JaeJoong stayed silent, placing the tray on her lap. JiJae looked at the breakfast he prepared. Just the normal bacon, eggs and toast he made. She weakly smiled, knowing how he always has the smiley face of the food. JiJae looked at JaeJoong with a smile.

“Gomawo, oppa,” JiJae said and started eating. JiJae stopped; just noticing that JaeJoong was just sitting there watching. “JaeJoong, you should eat too.”

“Anio, you eat. I’m waiting ‘till you’re done,” JaeJoong responded without an expression.

“But…you should. It’s not fair if I eat now and you won’t.”

“I’m fine. Besides, I’m not even hungry,” JaeJoong answered, holding his stomach hoping he won’t growl. JiJae giggled and held a piece of bacon in front of his lips.

“Here, maybe this would hold you,” JiJae said.

JaeJoong smiled and chuckled, taking the piece of bacon and started to eat it. She giggled, missing JaeJoong’s smiles in front of her. JaeJoong looked at her confused.

“What are you smiling about?” he asked. JiJae looked at him, hesitantly answering him.

“Nothing,” JiJae answered, looking away.

“You sure? Do I have something on my face?”

“Anio. It’s nothing.”

“Okay…”

She quickly finished her breakfast. JaeJoong took the tray of food and walked back down the kitchen, washing the dishes. JaeJoong walked back up with her clothes and handed it to her.

“Here, I washed them for you,” JaeJoong said.

“Oh, g-gomawo,” JiJae thanked and walked to the bathroom changing.

JaeJoong sat on the bed, trying to think on what to do. Soon, he heard her singing inside. He stared at the closed bathroom door, listening to JiJae sing the song he sang for her, My Little Princess. He smiled widely after hearing her singing the song. ‘She never forgot about our song,’ he thought. Soon, the door opened and he found JiJae, humming. She turned to JaeJoong and smiled.

“Gomawo, JaeJoong~ah. Well…I should go before ChangMin~oppa gets worried,” she said and headed downstairs.

JaeJoong heard the door open and he immediately ran down the stairs, so he can catch up to her. JiJae turned, seeing JaeJoong breathing for some air.

“Gwenchena?” JiJae asked curiously.

“Um…feel better araso? Don’t push yourself,” JaeJoong just said, having nothing else to say.

“I won’t. Thanks for you concern. Hope to see you.”

JaeJoong didn’t say anything back as he just watches her leave again. All he noticed was sadness in her eyes. He thought, if he just hugged her, it might make matters worse, keeping him still like a statue. JiJae decided to walk to ChangMin so he knows that she’s alright. She rang to doorbell, happy seeing ChangMin there.

“Hey, oppa,” JiJae greeted.

“JiJi, are you alright?” ChangMin asked, still worried.

JiJae nodded and explained everything that happened yesterday night. She had a tear slip down her cheek when she finished explaining. ChangMin hugged her to comfort her.

“It’s alright, araso? At least he does care for you,” ChangMin told her.

“Or…it’s out of pity.”

........................................................................................................................

Preview Chapter 14:

“JiJae…” he called her. She didn’t hear. “Baby JiJi.”

---

“JiJae…” JaeJoong started.

“Hm?” JiJae responded.

“Mianhe.”

---

“I love you, oppa…but, I don’t think I-I deserve you,” she said, burying her face in his chest.

---

“I told you…I will…run for you…and catch you,” JaeJoong said in each breath he took.

“Just now though, oppa,” said JiJae, trying to get out of his grip, but couldn’t.