C h a p t e r 6: Not A Final Goodbye

Final Goodbye?

A/N: I am soooooooooo sorry for not updating for a long time! I'm sorry for being a bad author, since I was lazy and forgetful to update ^^. So, I'll do a couple of updates today on this story to make it up :)

 

C h a p t e r 6:

 

A couple of days passed as JiJae said bye to ChangMin. ChangMin watched her leave to Seoul Airport. He wishes that she didn’t have to leave. He needs his best friend back. He walked back home sadly, bumping into YunHo, SeulGi, JunSu, and YooChun.

 

“ChangMin~ah, what’s wrong?” asked YooChun.

 

“This…” said ChangMin, pulling out a letter from his pocket that JiJae gave him.

 

Hey, I’m sorry that it’s sudden, but I’m going to be gone for a while. Mianhe. I need time to think. I can’t stay here, but I promised that I’ll try and come back soon, I hope. JunSu, we’ll have a one-on-one match, araso? I promise. YooChun, I’ll help you compose a song if you want. YunHo, I’ll challenge you in a dance competition. ChangMin oppa, I will cook you all of your favorite meals. I promise. SeulGi, if YunHo does anything bad, I’ll personally beat him up for you. Well…saranghae.

 

~JiJi

 

“She’s gone,” said JunSu. All felt like crying.

 

“She promised to come back though. She never breaks her promises,” ChangMin said. Suddenly, JaeJoong came running to them.

 

“Where’s…JiJae?” he asked, getting some air.

 

“Gone,” YunHo answered quickly.

 

“Gone? Where?”

 

“We don’t know hyung. She just told us that she’s leaving.”

 

“Leaving?” questioned JaeJoong.

 

“Yeah, it says so in this letter,” said JunSu.

 

JaeJoong took the letter from JunSu’s hand and read through it, not even mentioning him.

 

“*chuckles* Again, she never said bye.”

 

“Hyung…” ChangMin called but he interrupted.

 

“Save it. I know that she told one of you,” JaeJoong said and walked away from them.

 

“ChangMin, you know do you?” asked SeulGi.

 

“Anio,” ChangMin lied.

 

“Oh…since she tells you everything now,” SeulGi said in disappointment. “I’m going to head home. No need to walk me, oppa.”

 

“Araso, bye,” said YunHo.

 

“Bye.”

 

Once SeulGi left, they all stared at ChangMin. He looked at them guilty.

 

“Where is she?” asked YunHo.

 

“I don’t know,” ChangMin answered.

 

“You do know,” said YooChun.

 

“I don’t!”

 

“Why aren’t you looking at us in the eye, hmm?” asked JunSu.

 

“I-I-I…”

 

“Where?” the three asked.

 

“JeJu Island. I promised not to tell anyone,” ChangMin spilled out.

 

“Why?” JunSu asked.

 

“She just thought that being away from JaeJoong would make her feel better. She’s just hurting herself,” ChangMin answered, “She finally remembered him and said that she loves him but he refused their love.”

 

“Bwoh?!” they questioned.

 

“It’s the truth. She told me.”

 

“Why didn’t she tell us?” YunHo asked getting angry.

 

“She thought that maybe…it would be better. She only told me because I found her crying,” ChangMin said, “JaeJoong is being harsh on her.”

 

“Bwoh?! He’s abuse to her?” JunSu asked.

 

“Anio! He wouldn’t do that,” ChangMin corrected, “He’s just seriously cold to her. Did you tell JaeJoong?”

 

“We did,” YunHo and YooChun confessed.

 

“Wae?” JunSu and ChangMin asked.

 

“Isn’t it time for him to know?” YunHo asked.

 

“I guess….you’re right,” said JunSu.

 

                “What about her memory? Did he know that?” asked ChangMin.

 

“Anio,” YunHo and YooChun answered sadly, both looking at the ground.

 

“Bwoh?!” JunSu and ChangMin yelled.

 

“Because you never told him that she lost her memory she left?!” ChangMin screamed, frightening everyone, except JunSu.

 

“Why?” JunSu asked calmly.

 

“We just couldn’t!” YunHo yelled back.

 

YunHo turned around angrily to walk home but suddenly seeing JaeJoong standing there. Tears were flowing down freely as he just stared at the 4. All turned, shocked to see JaeJoong there.

 

“She…lost her m-mem-memory?” JaeJoong asked with his voice breaking from his crying.

 

“Neh,” YunHo answered.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me that?!” he yelled.

 

“We…”

 

“You know if I knew that I would have understood. I couldn’t understand why she would just leave me without saying goodbye. Maybe if I knew her conditions, I would’ve forgave her easily,” JaeJoong said coldly, having shivers down to their backs, never hearing that tone from him to them.

 

“Mianhe,” YunHo and YooChun said, feeling guilty.

 

“Anio, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have yelled. I-I’m just so frustrated,” said JaeJoong sitting on the curb, cupping his face. They sat close to JaeJoong, trying to comfort him. “It’s too late now.”

 

“Hyung, it isn’t,” ChangMin said, “Go after her before its too late.” JaeJoong slowly stood up, facing them happily.

 

“You’re right, I’m going,” JaeJoong said and drove his car to the airport as fast as he could.

 

……..

 

“I guess this is it,” JiJae said and walked in the plane. She heard someone yell out her name. She knew who it was but didn’t want to face him. “Mianhe, Joongie.”

 

Tears were falling when she entered. The door closed behind her and she sat down alone, staring out the window.

 

“JiJi~ah!” JaeJoong yelled. He stopped when the doors closed. “I’m too late. I’m too late.” JaeJoong walked out of the airport, walking to his car. He could see an airplane and he looked closely at the window. He found JiJae, seeing tears. “JIJAE! SARANGHAE!!!” he screamed.

 

 

JiJae heard her name and ‘saranghae’ after. She looked out the window, finding JaeJoong standing there. She shook her head as she cried harder. The plane took off, having them separated. JaeJoong watch her leave. No wave good bye or mouthed of saying goodbye. He walked in his car driving home.
 

“Not a final goodbye.”