C h a p t e r 9: Get Away!

Final Goodbye?

C h a p t e r 9

JaeJoong woke up and washed up and fixed his hair. He walked downstairs, finding an envelope on his kitchen counter top. He looked at it very questionably and opened it. He looked at it, realizing that it’s a card for his birthday today.

‘Hey, Hyung!

It’s ChangMin! Your FAVORITE DONGSENG! Mianhe from yesterday. I was just frustrated; I mean…why are you like that to her? You just changed. Well…Happy Birthday. Have an awesome day.

CHANGMIN!

JaeJoong sighed and smiled slightly. He’s happy that one of his friends remembers him and still loves him. He just stared at the card and started having tears forming since he does miss ChangMin a lot. ‘Maybe just the both of us should hang out,’ he thought to himself and smiled. He took out his cell phone and called him.

“Yobesayo?” ChangMin answered.

“ChangMin~ah, it’s JaeJoong,” JaeJoong answered happily.

“Hyung, happy birthday,” said ChangMin.

“Thanks…so wanna hang out? Just the two of us?” he asked.

“Neh. So where?”

“Hm…verse you in bowling.”

“You’re on. You know how much you stink in bowling,” said ChangMin.

“Bwoh? I don’t. I practiced anyway,” JaeJoong mumbled.

“Right. See you at 6 in the afternoon then.”

“Araso, bye.”

JaeJoong sighed and sat on the sofa, eating a banana as he watched television.

“I wonder…if she knows…that it’s my birthday,” JaeJoong mumbled to himself.

-----

It was 11AM and JiJae headed down to the kitchen for breakfast. She woke up, being sad and still depress, but always kept a smile on her face. She took some money from her purse and put on her shoes, heading out to a jewelry store. She came in, finding different and beautiful jewelry.

“Maybe…JaeJoong~oppa will like this,” JiJae said to herself when she looked at a watch. She shook her head and looked around more. A bracelet caught her eyes. She walked there and smiled. “This one.”

JiJae went up to the register and paid. She walked out and smiled, but soon frowned.

“I bet he doesn’t even want to see me, though,” she said to herself and walked out of the mall sadly.

It was very cold outside and she hugged herself very warmly. She walked Starbucks and smiled. She smiled widely and walked inside, buying some hot coffee. She paid and walked out, feeling very warm. She sat down on the bench, relaxing. She looked at the bracelet more. She hoped to straighten things out with JaeJoong, but doesn’t know how. She drank half of her coffee and started walking again. She accidentally bumped into someone, dropping the coffee. Luckily, the coffee didn’t spill on them.

“Mianhe,” she said and picked up her cup. The guy helped her up.

“It’s alright,” he said.

JiJae looked up and smiled. Soon, she hugged him.

“YunHo~oppa!” she squealed.

“JiJae! When did you come back?” YunHo asked.

“A few days ago?” she answered. YunHo chuckled. “I missed you.”

“Me, too.”

“So where’s SeulGi?” JiJae asked.

“She’s in Japan now, visiting her grandpa. She says he’s dying and she wants to be alone to visit him,” YunHo answered.

“Oh, I’m sorry.”

“Me, too. I hope he isn’t dying though.”

“Don’t worry. He wouldn’t die. I bet he’s strong,” JiJae said.

“Yeah. So, where are you heading to?” YunHo asked, putting his arm around her shoulders.

“Home. I just came back from the mall and Starbucks,” JiJae answered.

“Mall? What for?” he asked.

“None of your business, oppa.”

“Bwoh? You won’t tell one of your favorite oppas in the world why you went to the mall? I feel so ashamed,” YunHo said, sounding so sad.

“I went shopping. What else would I be doing there?” JiJae laughed.

“Can I see what you got?”

“Anio.”

“Please…” YunHo pouted and begged. JiJae tried not to look up yet failed to and gave in. She handed him the box.

“Araso, here,” she said.

YunHo smiled and cheered and opened the box. He looked at suspiciously, finding initials there.

“It’s for JaeJoong huh?” YunHo asked her. She nodded lightly. YunHo frowned, seeing how she’s sad. “He’ll forgive you.”

“No, he wouldn’t. Well…since you’re heading that way, I’ll head home alone. I’ll text you later,” JiJae said and walked home alone.

YunHo watched her until her figure disappeared. He was sad, and wanted to help but just couldn’t. He turned around and shook his head, heading the mall. JiJae stared at the ground walking home. She suddenly bumped into someone, causing her to fall on the ground.

“Omo! Mianhe, are you hurt?” the guy asked, helping her up.

“Neh, it’s alright. I’m fine,” she answered, standing up.

“That’s good.” JiJae looked up and pretty much just stared at him. “You alright?” She shook her head back to earth.

“Um…Neh. Mianhe. Kamsahamnida.”

“No problem, just look up while you’re walking,” he said to her.

“Don’t worry, I will,” JiJae said.

“KimBum,” said Kim Bum.

“Kim JiJae…weren’t you in my class before I like left?” JiJae asked.

“Yeah, the quietest one.”

“Oh…well, nice meeting you now,” JiJae said happily and was about to walk back home.

“JiJae, w-would you like to hang out sometime?” KimBum asked. JiJae turned around, smiling.

“Sure. Here’s my number then.”

JiJae walked to him and have him her number. KimBum did the same and smiled. She waved bye and headed to her house. Quickly, she wrapped the gift and placed it on her kitchen counter. She stared at it for a while and frowned. JiJae doesn’t know if he wants to see her and talk to her now. Soon, her phone vibrated and smiled that it’s from KimBum.

‘Hey, let’s hang out and play bowling’ [KimBum]

‘Sure, meet you there then’ [JiJae]

‘Cool, 6PM!’ [KimBum]

‘Ha, araso’ [JiJae]

She smiled. Just for like a minute, she feels that she’s close to KimBum. She loved that feeling to be close to him. She ran to her room and jumped to her bed, lying down, staring at the ceiling.

“Hyung!” ChangMin called and ran to him, finding JaeJoong standing at the entrance.

“ChangMin~ah!” JaeJoong called happily as they hugged. “Missed you.”

“Me too,” said ChangMin.

“Sorry for like never talking and…”

“It’s cool. Well, c’mon so I can beat you.”

Soon, after a few minutes, JiJae and KimBum entered the bowling alley. Both paid for their shoes and time sessions, going to their alley. JiJae turned around, seeing ChangMin. She smiled and walked over to him while KimBum was getting ready.

“Oppa!” she called. He turned and smiled to see her.

“JiJae, what are you doing here?” ChangMin asked.

“I’m with my new friend KimBum. You know Kim Bum,” JiJae answered.

“Ah…him. So having fun?”

“We just got here, but so far…yeah.” JiJae turned, looking at KimBum. She suddenly smiled. “Well gotta go, bye.”

“Bye.”

JiJae hugged him goodbye and ran to KimBum. KimBum (a/n: OMG I LOVE HIS SMILE!!!! XD) smiled and they started to bowl. JaeJoong came back from the bathroom and they started bowling. About an hour passed as JiJae felt that she became so much closer to him. She felt comfortable around him now and more open to him.

“KimBum! I finally got a strike!” she cheered.

“Good job, JiJae! Another round?” KimBum asked.

“Neh! Though this time, I will beat you!”

“We’ll see!”

JaeJoong turned around and frowned, feeling jealous. All he sees is JiJae and KimBum together alone. Both are laughing and smiling and joking around. KimBum hugged behind her, trying to get his bowling ball form her, causing JaeJoong to go over there. He broke them apart harshly.

“Get away from her!” JaeJoong yelled.

........................................................................................................................

Previews for Chapter 10:

“A friend? Are you two are dating and not telling me!” JaeJoong just yelled.

“We’re not!”

“Yes you are! Without my permission?!”

“You’re permission?! I don’t need your permission, Kim JaeJoong!” JiJae yelled angrily at him. She went to KimBum’s side and held his arm. “Oppa, let’s go.”

---

“JiJi, remember what I told you about the Han River?” asked JaeJoong.

“Neh, wae?” JiJae responded.

“Let’s go there now! I have something to tell you.”

---

“I’m gonna catch you!” JaeJoong called to her.

“Anio, you won’t! I’m faster than you!” JiJae yelled and ran away as JaeJoong chased after her happily.

---

“I’ll write a note,” she said to herself and continued eating when she gently placed the bracelet back on the counter.