C h a p t e r 10: Someone New?

Final Goodbye?

C h a p t e r 10

“Ah!” JiJae squealed happily once KimBum hugged around her once she stole his bowling bowl. Suddenly, she felt hands separating them.

“Get away from her!” JaeJoong yelled.

JiJae looked at her with fear in her eyes. She never knew that JaeJoong would be here.

“Oppa…” she muttered.

“What are you doing here with him?!” he asked her. JiJae stood up straight, facing him eye to eye.

“Bwoh? Why seem so protective over me?” she asked, “I’m just here with a friend!”

“A friend? Are you two are dating and not telling me!” JaeJoong just yelled.

“We’re not!”

“Yes you are! Without my permission?!”

“You’re permission?! I don’t need your permission, Kim JaeJoong!” JiJae yelled angrily at him. She went to KimBum’s side and held his arm. “Oppa, let’s go.”

JiJae dragged KimBum out as he let her. KimBum looked at JaeJoong, seeing how furious, depressed, and jealous he is at him. He frowned and turned to know where he’s going to get out. KimBum followed JiJae to where she was going. They soon ended up at the Han River. JiJae sat down in front of it and stared at the sky. KimBum sat down beside her doing the same. He was curious about them and asked her.

“What’s with you and JaeJoong?” he asked. She stayed silent for a while before answering.

“He’s still mad at me. Thinking that he can now control my life? Anio. He can’t do that to me,” JiJae said, not answering his question. KimBum looked at her in confusion. “We were the best of friends when we were little. We loved each other a lot and I mean that literally. He says that the Han River calms him down when he’s frustrated and stuff. It calms me down, too. He promised that he would always forgive me no matter because I was his bestest friend ever. He said that he will always love me,” she said as her voice started breaking since she was crying, “I thought that he would still love me. I was forced to move somewhere else.”

“Wae?” KimBum asked.

“Money problems. I didn’t have time to say bye to JaeJoong personally and they like shoved me in that freaking car. I cried so much. Then…a several months after, my parents and I were arguing. I begged them that I wanted to go back to Korea. I missed everyone there and Korea IS my home. They forced me to my room. I got mad and *lightly chuckles* ran away. I was stupid to do that, oppa. They tried to look for me and they were murdered by a serial killer. I came home finding a note on the kitchen table and called the cops. They were found dead.”

JiJae cried hysterically and hugged KimBum. He hugged her back, comforting her, hoping she’ll calm down. He rested his chin on her head.

“JiJae, it’s alright. Give him time to think,” KimBum said to her. JiJae broke the hug and looked at him in the eyes. With his thumb, he wiped her tears away. “Let him think. For sure he’ll forgive you.” She slightly smiled and nodded.

“Araso. Well…I wanna go home now,” she said and stood up.

“Alright, let’s go.”

“Hyung, you alright?” asked ChangMin. JaeJoong didn’t answer and still stared at the door. “Hyung?”

“Neh, I’m gonna go. Thanks you for this,” he said hugged him bye.

“Welcome, bye.”

JaeJoong nodded and walked out of the bowling alley. He walked to where ever his legs are taking him. He, too, ended at the Han River. He saw two figures there. He knew that it was JiJae and KimBum. He shook his head and ignored them, walking the other direction. He hears JiJae crying, breaking his heart into millions of pieces. JaeJoong held in his tears, so his sobs weren’t heard. He sat down, facing the river and the reflection of the moonlight. He remembers the first day that he and JiJae we there.

F l a s h b a c k

“JiJi, remember what I told you about the Han River?” asked JaeJoong.

“Neh, wae?” JiJae responded.

“Let’s go there now! I have something to tell you.”

“Araso!”

It was a very soothing and calming, sunny day. JiJae and JaeJoong ran to the Han River, well, JaeJoong dragged her as she followed. They laughed as they headed there. They suddenly stopped. JaeJoong held JiJae’s hand and walked straight near the river. JiJae’s eyes sparkled at the sight and JaeJoong smiled from her expression.

“Oppa, it’s so beautiful!” she squealed.

“I know. And…”

“And what?” JiJae asked. She looked at him as he hesitated for a while.

“Wannagooutwithme?” he asked to quickly.

“Bwoh?” she asked, not knowing what he said.

“Will you go out with me?” JaeJoong asked. JiJae smiled widely and hugged him around the neck.

“I will, oppa,” she said when he hugged back.

E n d of F l a s h b a c k

“Now, JiJae has found someone new in her life, so I need to find mine I guess. I can’t chase after her anymore,” JaeJoong said to himself.

F l a s h b a c k

“Ah!” JiJae squealed as JaeJoong was chasing her.

“I’m gonna catch you!” JaeJoong called to her.

“Anio, you won’t! I’m faster than you!” JiJae yelled and ran away as JaeJoong chased after her happily.

“I doubt that!” JaeJoong yelled back. JiJae turned and squealed louder. “I’m catching up!”

“Anio! Anio! Anio!”

JaeJoong got closer to JiJae and suddenly held her around the waist. Their speed was fast that they both fell to the ground. JaeJoong was on his back as JiJae was on top of him. His arms were around her small waist so that she wouldn’t leave.

“See, told you that I’ll catch you,” JaeJoong said out of breath, tucking JiJae’s hair that was covering her face behind her ears.

“That’s good. Now I’ll never have to leave,” JiJae said.

“That’s even better. If you do, I’ll chase after you. I need you by my side,” said JaeJoong, giving her a peck on the cheek.

E n d of F l a s h b a c k

“Oppa, gomawo,” said JiJae as she and KimBum were on her porch.

“You’re welcome. Now, if you ever need me, you can always call me,” said KimBum.

“Araso, I’ll do that. Night.”

“Night.”

KimBum stood at her driveway as she entered her house. Once she closed her door shut, he headed home.

“Kim JiJae, I wish that I can be with you, but…your heart belongs to JaeJoong and I can’t change that. I’ll try and help you,” KimBum said to himself as he walked home.

JiJae ran upstairs and took a long warm shower, relaxing her body. Soon, she got out and changed into her pajamas. Her stomach growled once she reached her room. She headed downstairs, deciding to make some ramen. She finished cooking and sat down, eating at the counter. She frowned and stopped eating for a second, seeing the birthday gift that she wanted to give JaeJoong. She put down her chopsticks and spoon and picked up the box and opened it.

“I’ll write a note,” she said to herself and continued eating when she gently placed the bracelet back on the counter.

........................................................................................................................

Previews for Chapter 11:

“So?” she asked him, catching his attention. KimBum looked up and smiled.

“Beautiful, as usual,” KimBum complimented.

---

“Oppa, really, I don’t need a drink,” said a girl.

“Yeah, you do. I can tell that you do.”

“Kim JaeJoong, I don’t,” she pouted.

---

“JiJae, it may be your fault, but it’s not only your fault,” said ChangMin.

“What do you mean? Who else is at fault here?” she asked when she sat up.

---

“That’s exactly what KimBum~oppa said to me too.”