C h a p t e r 13: I Promise

Final Goodbye?

C h a p t e r 13:

“Oppa! Why do you have to go to Japan?” JiJae whined.

“Look, my sister needs me for awhile. She lost her boyfriend and I need to comfort her,” ChangMin answered, “I promise that I’ll be back, araso?”

“I won’t have anyone though. YooChun~oppa and BoA unnie are in America, JunSu~oppa is still touring, KimBum~oppa is still in America, and YunHo~oppa and SeulGi unnie are still in China,” JiJae still whined.

“Call me when you need me then,” ChangMin simply answered. JiJae sighed.

“Araso, oppa. I can’t be selfish. Tell your sister that I say hi then, even though she doesn’t even know me and I…don’t know her.”

“I will. Bye…I’ll be back in around 2 weeks, k’?”

“Okay. Bye, oppa. I’ll miss you.”

“Me too.”

JiJae watched ChangMin’s flight leave. Tears were flowing down when she left. She sighed deeply, really wanting to ChangMin to come back. She had no one with her now and feels much more alone than ever. Unknowingly, she walked to the Han River again, hoping the place will calm her down. Han River wasn’t enough for her. She cried and felt that something is missing. She sighed deeply and just stared straight ahead of her. Not knowing who it is, someone sat next to her. She sat there still like a statue, allowing the breeze hit her.

“JiJae…” he called her. She didn’t hear. “Baby JiJi.”

Tears were easily flowing down JiJae’s cheeks when she heard her nickname by the person. She blinked many times, thinking that it was just a dream.

“J-Joongie?” she responded back with her voice breaking. Slowly, she turned to JaeJoong’s direction, seeing a weak smile on his face. “Oppa…”

“Now, why were you crying, hm?” JaeJoong asked when he leaned in closer to wipe away her tears. JiJae didn’t answer and just stared at him. The gentleness and warmth she feels from him made her speechless. “Let’s eat, okay,” he suggested and stood up. JiJae nodded and stood up with him and followed his lead.

The whole walk was silent as JaeJoong tried to find a good place to eat for the both of them. JaeJoong then held her hand since there were a crowd of people. Their heart skipped a beat from their touch. JaeJoong turned and smiled, finding a place to eat. He entered and they both stood at the counter for their order.

“So…hungry?” JaeJoong asked, feeling stupid.

“I guess,” JiJae answered.

“Good, everything is on me, araso?”

“Oh…araso.” She knew she couldn’t argue.

Their food came and both headed to the park to eat there instead since it was crowded. They sat down underneath a large tree on grass and started eating. It was very awkward for them and too silent. They don’t even know what to say to each other at the moment. Though, all they did was throw glances at each other when one wasn’t even looking.

“JiJae…” JaeJoong started.

“Hm?” JiJae responded.

“Mianhe.”

“For what…you don’t have to apologize, JaeJoong. That should be me. I regret my mistakes,” JiJae said and stopped eating, feeling that she needs to cry.

“We both need to. I didn’t give you a chance to explain.”

“My choices were worse. I hurt you so much. I didn’t say bye to you. I changed you.”

“I have myself changed. I chose to change, so quit blaming yourself for everything,” JaeJoong said and hugged her.

JiJae’s eyes widened since never expecting him to hug her like that all of a sudden. She slowly hugged back and smiled, having small tears flowing. She loves the warmth that he’s giving her and wants to be in his arms forever.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry…” JiJae kept saying.

“Stop saying that,” JaeJoong said to her softly in her ear.

“I’m sorry.”

“I forgive you, araso? I forgive you.”

“I don’t deserve it…” she muttered.

“You do. I’m forgiving you,” JaeJoong told her. JiJae broke his embrace and looked at him. JaeJoong cupped her face, wiping away her tears with his thumbs. “I love you and that’s all that matters.”

JiJae was in shock. Her eyes widened and JaeJoong chuckled at her small silliness. Without hesitating, he leaned in and kissed her lightly on her lips. Again, she was in shock. Everything was too unexpected. She didn’t know what to do next. JaeJoong broke the kiss and look deeply into her eyes.

“Bwoh? You don’t…love me…huh?” JaeJoong asked feeling crushed.

“A-Anio…I-I…” JiJae didn’t know what to say.

“If you don’t love me…I guess I’ll just accept it. I just…need you next to me now,” JaeJoong explained.

“I-I…I’m speechless,” JiJae said.

“Wae?”

“You…didn’t love me. You were with that girl.” Soon, she was breaking into tears. JaeJoong hugged her again.

“She…broke up with me,” JaeJoong confessed, “She made me realized something. And that’s I love you. Don’t you?” JaeJoong then had tears flowing down his face.

“I love you, oppa…but, I don’t think I-I deserve you,” she said, burying her face in his chest.

“Mi Chu Sso (Are you crazy)? C’mon, JiJi, I love you and if you don’t…I’ll never bother you again if that’s what you want.”

All the words that JaeJoong said made her cry. JiJae just sat there, covering her face as tears just flowed down.

“I-I don’t-don’t deserve you. Y-You sh-should have s-someone b-better tha-than me.” JaeJoong’s eyes widened, shocked to what she said. He pulled her into his warm embrace.

“No one is better than you, araso? I think that you do deserve since…no one else will make my heart beat fast and slow at the same time. You keep me happy and you know what?”

“Bwoh?”

“You’re the only one who can call me Joongie and remember when we were kids? Remember what I said?” JaeJoong asked when he broke the hug and looked into her eyes.

“Only one special girl can call you Joongie and that’s me,” JiJae said softly with a weak smile.

“That’s my JiJi,” said JaeJoong, pinching her nose, having her smile more.

“Yah!” JiJae yelled, playfully hitting his arm, giggling. She stood up and slowly walked away. JaeJoong stood up too, starting to run after her, but she started running away. “You can’t catch me!”

“Yes I can! I can always catch you!” JaeJoong yelled back, running after her.

JiJae turned back, seeing how JaeJoong is coming closer and closer with every step. She turned back around, still running, but squealed feeling arms around her waist. Both fell on the ground as JiJae was on top while JaeJoong is at the bottom. He held her waist, so she wouldn’t get out of his arms.

“I told you…I will…run for you…and catch you,” JaeJoong said in each breath he took.

“Just now though, oppa,” said JiJae, trying to get out of his grip, but couldn’t.

“What do you mean?” asked JaeJoong with a confused look on his face.

“You didn’t come after me before…”

“But…I…aish! I guess…I just…mollayo, I’m just a pabo.”

“Oppa…I waited…but lost my memory, then, I was too excited to see you, but you rejected me. I left since I didn’t know what else to do, but came back to see you once I was ready. I think I chased after you,” JiJae said.

“I really wanna run for you, but…mollayo. I guess I was just angry and couldn’t think at all,” JaeJoong responded.

“I guess I can forgive you, on one condition.”

“What’s that?”

“That next time, you’re chasing after me, even though I wouldn’t say a final goodbye?”

“I promise.”