C h a p t e r 8: Forgive Me?

Final Goodbye?

C h a p t e r 8:

 

A week pass. JiJae hasn’t seen JaeJoong but caught up with her life with YunHo, SeulGi, and YooChun as well. She was scared and nervous if she saw JaeJoong. She didn’t want to face him now. She doesn’t know when. She was walking with ChangMin, leaving from a café. They decided to go to the arcade. As they walked, JiJae thought very profoundly, not even paying attention to where she’s going. ChangMin looked at her and shook his head.

 

“What are you thinking about?” ChangMin asked. She didn’t respond and still thought. “JiJae~ah!”

 

“Huh? Bwoh?” she questioned, being out of her deep thoughts.

 

“What were you thinking about? You seem to be thinking very hard too,” ChangMin asked again.

 

“Oh, nothing, oppa,” JiJae lied.

 

“I know that you’re lying. So…?” he asked again.

 

“It’s just…I’m…”

 

“You’re?...” ChangMin said, waiting for her long response.

 

“Scared and nervous,” she finally answered.

 

“Wae?”

 

“It’s just…nothing, araso?”

 

“JiJi, c’mon, you know that you can tell me anything like you did to YunHo,” ChangMin pleaded. JiJae smiled. ‘He does have a point.’
 

“It’s…JaeJoong~ah. I’m afraid of him,” JiJae answered.

 

“Bwoh? Wae?” ChangMin asked.

 

“I can’t talk about it now.”

 

“Araso, c’mon, I’ll whip your in air hockey,” ChangMin said and ran to the air hockey table. JiJae laughed, running after him.

 

5 minutes passed after their first game. JiJae cheered, beating him by 7 to 6. ChangMin pouted as JiJae just laughed.

 

“No fair…you stole the puck,” ChangMin whined.

 

“Anio, I didn’t, you did, pabo,” JiJae said back, still laughing.

 

“I bet I can beat you in a race car contest!”

 

“Bring it!”

 

The raced to the cars like little kids. They inserted their coins and waited for the commands to start. They laughed and teased each other until they got to the finish.

 

“Yay, I won!” ChangMin cheered.

 

“Whoo!” JiJae cheered.
 

“Yah! You two, get out. You’re causing people to complain,” said the manager.

 

“Araso,” they said and walked out of the arcade embarrassed.

 

They looked through the windows of the arcade and both sighed. They both laughed and walked around the city for some fun.

 

“You had to whine,” said JiJae.

 

“Bwoh? Me? Whine? You’re crazy,” said ChangMin.

 

“Well, you’re loud.”

 

“Anio, you’re loud.

 

“Well, that’s because you whine a lot,” JiJae said back to him. ChangMin pouted, having JiJae giggle. She didn’t look to where she was going and accidentally bumped into someone and fell.

 

“JiJi~ah, are you alright?” ChangMin asked.

 

“Neh, mianhe, sir,” she said and got up with ChangMin’s help. She looked up and frowned. “J-JaeJoong.”

 

“Bwoh?” he responded coldly to her.

 

“Um…gomawo,” she said so kindly, forcing a smile on her face.

 

“Whatever,” he said and pushed her against the shoulder, walking away.

 

ChangMin became furious about his action and grabbed him on the shoulder, as they faced each other. JaeJoong looked at him with cold eyes, but softened. It’s been a long time seeing his dongseng, but he sees anger in his eyes.

 

“What’s wrong with you?!” ChangMin yelled at him, “Why are you so cold to her? She’s being kind to you!”

 

“Why should it matter?” he asked, not in a cold way but mean way.

 

“It does and I bet it does to her, too since she l---“

 

“Oppa, it’s alright. I deserve it,” she said and walked ahead.

 

ChangMin watch her leave and let go of JaeJoong. He looked at him with anger.

 

“Hyung…” he said so softly when he softened up. ChangMin looked at JaeJoong, already having tears flowing down his eyes. “Hyung?”

 

“I’ll just go. Mianhe,” he said and walked away.

 

ChangMin watched JaeJoong waking away, but suddenly ran to JiJae who was standing in the middle of the side walk, waiting.

 

“Hey,” she simply greeted.

 

“You alright?” ChangMin asked.

 

 

“*shrugs shoulders* Don’t know. Shouldn’t matter, I shouldn’t care either,” JiJae answered.

 

“JiJae, don’t say that.”

 

“Wae? My answer will always be the same.”

 

“What if it isn’t?” ChangMin asked her.

 

“I-I….mollayo,” she answered quietly.

 

“C’mon, I’ll have you rest.”

 

“Araso.”

 

 

“What is with me?” JaeJoong asked himself, as he headed home to his house. “Shouldn’t I be nice to her or just…mollayo.”

 

JaeJoong entered his house and headed to the bathroom for a nice warm shower, having him relax. He got out and changed in his PJs. He lied down on his bed, staring at the ceiling. Suddenly, he started thinking about JiJae as he shook his head trying not to.

 

“Anio, what she did to me, I shouldn’t care for her,” he said and fell asleep.

 

*

 

‘Oppa, will you always forgive me?’

 

‘Neh, I will. You’re my bestest friend in the whole world. No matter what, I will always love you and forgive you.’

 

‘Chincha?’

 

“Mhm.’

 

‘What if you don’t?’

 

‘I will. Only you and my best friends. If it were my friends who I am NOT close to, I will not forgive them easily.’

 

‘Wow, oppa. That’s really cool. Saranghae, oppa.’

 

‘Saranghae.’

 

*

 

ChangMin walked home once JiJae entered her house. JiJae went up and took a warm shower. She changed into shorts and a tank top, putting an oversized sweater on her. She sat in the T.V. room and started watching some dramas. One scene when the girl leaves the guy made tears form. It was like her and JaeJoong since she was forced to move.

 

“Oppa, mianhe,” she said crying, “I never knew that I hurt you like that.”

 

JiJae took out her notebook and stared at the drawing of JaeJoong that she drew in class. She smiled, surprised how he came up in her mind to draw. Tears landed on her drawing when she silently fell asleep.

*
 

‘Oppa, will you always forgive me?’

 

‘Neh, I will. You’re my bestest friend in the whole world. No matter what, I will always love you and forgive you.’

 

‘Chincha?’

 

“Mhm.’

 

‘What if you don’t?’

 

‘I will. Only you and my best friends. If it were my friends who I am NOT close to, I will not forgive them easily.’

 

‘Wow, oppa. That’s really cool. Saranghae, oppa.’

 

‘Saranghae.’