C h a p t e r 5: JaeJoong Finds the Truth

Final Goodbye?

C h a p t e r 5:

 

A few more weeks had passed. JiJae started to have some headaches to some of her flashbacks that are occurring much more often. She didn’t know what it was about. Who was the boy with her? What happened to them?

 

“Who is he?” she asked herself out loud.

 

“Who is who?” JunSu asked as he was walking with JiJae to the soccer field.

 

“You know how sometimes I get headaches and I say that I get flashbacks?” she asked and JunSu nodded to her question, “Well, the whole time, it’s with me and a boy. I-I don’t know who though.” JunSu frowned, wishing to say something.

 

“Don’t worry, JiJi, you’ll know who it is soon,” JunSu encouraged her. She looked at him and smiled once they arrived at the field.

 

“You’re right, oppa. Well, good luck!” she cheered.

 

“Thank you. Cheer me on!” JunSu yelled back as he ran to the team.

 

“I will!”

 

JiJae laughed and ran to the front bench, waiting for the game to start. She cheered on as she watched JunSu kicking goals. JunSu corner kicked the ball, which was passed to EunHyuk, one of his best friends. EunHyuk got the ball and ran to the goal. He passed the ball to SiWon then to JunSu who caught up and made a goal.

 

“WHOO!!! AJA JUNSU~OPPA!!!” JiJae cheered.

 

After minutes passed, his team won in victory. JiJae ran to JunSu and hugged him, not caring that he was all sweaty anyway. JunSu hugged back and soon they broke it off.

 

“Good job,” said JiJae happily.

 

“Thanks, so…let’s get some ice cream. On me,” said JunSu.

 

“Araso, oppa.”

 

Side by side they headed to the ice cream shop. JunSu ordered and paid for their ice cream as they walked to the park.

 

“Thank you, oppa,” said JiJae.

 

“No problem. We both deserve something special like ice cream,” said JunSu making JiJae giggle.

 

“So…did your head hurt during the game?”

 

“Anio, it didn’t. I’m happy that it didn’t though.”

 

“That’s good. I think, ever since JaeJoong came, your head started to hurt and you said that you get these flashbacks,” JunSu added.

 

Both sat on the bench eating their ice cream as they watched the kids playing together in the playground. JiJae held her head up, feeling the pain in her head again. JunSu looked at her filled with worry.

 

“JiJae, I’ll walk you home now,” he said. She slowly nodded and both headed to her house.

 

“Thank you, oppa,” said JiJae as she entered her house.

 

“Welcome, just rest, araso?” said JunSu.

 

“Araso.”

 

Both said their byes and JunSu left to his house as JiJae headed to bed. She stared up at the ceiling, thinking about her flashback.

 

“I saw his face…” she said, “So…familiar. The eyes, the nose, his smile…”

 

 

“I still can’t believe it! Why can’t I still forget about her?! It’s been weeks! Years!” JaeJoong yelled to herself as YunHo and YooChun was listening to their iPods. YunHo took the earplug out of his right ear.

 

“Hyung, it’s not her fault,” he said calmly as YooChun took out his earplug off his left ear to listen.

 

“It isn’t araso? She has a very hard time in her life,” YooChun said.

 

“What are you talking about? You two look and sound like you know something that I don’t!” JaeJoong started yelling. YunHo and YooChun both looked at each other and shrugged. “Well…” said JaeJoong impatiently.

 

“JiJae…she was forced to move to another place in Korea, okay? She didn’t have time to tell you and didn’t want to even hurt you. She thought maybe if she didn’t tell you and just finds you here surprisingly, you’ll be happy,” YunHo said.

 

“Did I seem happy?!” he angrily asked.

 

“Anio,” YunHo and YooChun both said sadly.

 

“She broke my heart. She never said bye. I never saw her for 8 years! I tried to forget her. I saw her and you know…I felt happy, but now...she forgot about me and I’m just pissed off about it!” he yelled, soon having tears in his eyes. “D-Did she t-tell you f-f-four and n-not me?” There was a moment of silence.

 

“Neh,” answered YooChun in a low tone.

 

“I can’t believe this. What else, hmm?” JaeJoong asked.

 

“That’s all,” said YunHo.

 

“Wow…all those years you knew and never told me, even before I moved.”

 

“We’re sorry,” said YooChun, “We didn’t want you to get hurt.”

 

“Hurt? I’m hurt enough already. It would’ve been better if you told me so I know how she’s doing,” JaeJoong said and walked out the door.

 

“This is stupid,” said YunHo, “Why can’t he just forgive and forget?”

 

“Its life,” said YooChun.

 

JaeJoong slammed his house door shut and drove his car to the Han River. He sat in front of the river, thinking deeply. He just still couldn’t believe all of this. Tears flowed down as he watched the river flowing, hoping to calm him down.

 

 

“JaeJoong!” JiJae yelled and jumped off her bed, “It’s him. Why couldn’t I figure it out?”

 

JiJae looked at her necklace happily before she figured it out. Soon, a flashback appeared as she just suddenly remembered. She dashed out the door, sprinting to the Han River, knowing he’ll be there.

 

F l a s h b a c k

 

“Oppa, when you’re angry or sad, how do you calm down?” asked JiJae.

 

“When I am able to, I will go the Han River,” JaeJoong answered.

 

“Why?” JiJae asked.

 

“It’s very calming for me. It’s able to let me think or something.”

 

“Oh.”

 

End of Flashback

 

‘Oppa, I’m coming,’ she thought. The sun was setting, showing the beautiful orangey sky. After several minutes passed, JiJae made it. She stopped, gasping for air. She saw a shadow and someone’s back facing her. She smiled, knowing how it’s JaeJoong. She walked up to him and sat down next to him.

 

“Hey, oppa,” she greeted, staring at the sunset. No response. JiJae looked at him confused. “Joongie?” He suddenly turned to her with a cold expression on him. She froze, feeling scared.

 

“What?” he responded very coldly to her.

 

“Are you alright?” she asked.

 

“Why should you care?”

 

“Oppa…”

 

“Don’t call me oppa and Joongie,” JaeJoong said coldly standing up. Tears started to form in her eyes as she stood up with him.

 

“Saranghae, oppa,” JiJae said.

 

“Saranghae?” JaeJoong questioned, “Saranghae?!” JiJae cried, afraid of his tone and expression he has on her.

 

“Saranghae, oppa,” she said again with her voice cracking.

 

“Saranghae? Well, I don’t,” he said and walked away from her.

 

JiJae’s heart broke. She fell down to her knees, crying her eyes out. She couldn’t believe that he doesn’t love her. She always thought that he did, but he didn’t, huh? She slowly stood up and walked home in the almost dark sky. She stared at the ground as she headed home. She wanted to die right now, wanting to not feel the pain anymore. She made to her house, but fell on her knees at the porch crying. She couldn’t handle it.

 

“It’s my entire fault,” she said to herself, “It’s my entire fault.”

 

“JiJae are you alright?!” ChangMin yelled and ran to her.

 

“Anio, anio,” she said with her voiced cracked. ChangMin help her stand up and enter her house. “It hurts too much.”

 

“What happened?” ChangMin answered.

 

“He doesn’t love me anymore. He doesn’t love me and he promised he will always love me no matter what,” JiJae answered.

 

F l a s h b a c k

 

“Joongie, guess what?” asked JiJae.

 

“What?” JaeJoong questioned. Suddenly, JiJae hugged him happily.

 

“Saranghae,” JiJae cheered. JaeJoong hugged her back happily to her.

 

“Saranghae, Baby JiJi. I will always no matter what,” JaeJoong said.

 

“Promise?”

 

“Promise.”

 

E n d o f F l a s h b a c k

 

“Oppa…I wanna leave,” JiJae said all of a sudden. ChangMin looked at her with his eyes widened.

 

“Leave? Leave where?” he asked.

 

“Anywhere but here,” said JiJae.

 

“Why?”

 

“I just…I…I don’t know.”

 

“Don’t be unreasonable,” said ChangMin.

 

“I don’t want to see JaeJoong again, oppa. Please.” JiJae begged.

 

“Araso, where do you want to go?” he asked as they headed up to her bed room.

 

“JeJu Island,” JiJae quickly answered and packed her things. “Keep it a secret.”