∞ Fear & Regret ∞

Aeternus ∞ Eternus : Forever

- Doojoon's POV -

 

I release a sigh as I look up to the ceiling in the front of me. I must to sleep but I can’t bring myself to sleep.

 

I’m lying at the couch on our main room at our dorm as usual. I know that my body is tired. I know that I will have schedules to do tomorrow. But I can’t sleep.

 

I keep thinking on what has happened on the front of the elevator with Aegi earlier.

 

“What?” Aegi blinked as she heard my words. She seemed not to expect those words came out from me. She utterly surprised.

 

The elevator door ding open but she still froze on her place, looking at me with her confused eyes.

 

Then frown came to her face. “Why?”

 

“What if I say that I have the change of heart? What if I want to have a new start with you? What if I say that I fall in love with you?”

 

I guessed my last statement was unexpected by her because she scoffed as she looked away. But it was not because she wanted to be cynical at my statement, but it was rather because she couldn’t believe my statement. She looked back at me.

 

“You…”

 

But she lost at words. She was disappointed. She released a sigh and lowered her gaze.

 

“Look, Doojoon…”

 

I didn’t want to hear her next words. I was afraid to hear that she might be in love with someone else and refused me. So I cut her words.

 

“I can prove it for you.”

 

She looked back at me with widened eyes.

 

“I-I can prove that I’ve been falling in love with you.”

 

I stepped forward to touch her. But she stepped backward, avoiding me and building gap between us. I looked at her, wondering why she tried to avoid me. But I could see fear on her eyes.

 

Why did she afraid of me?

 

What did that make her afraid?

 

“Aegi…”

 

But I stopped as she raised her hand, her palm facing me.

 

“Don’t, Doojoon.” She looked deep into my eyes.

 

I could see her feeling clearly. The feeling of fear of getting hurt. She was afraid of getting hurt once again. It was making me froze.

 

Have I hurt her too deep?

 

But before I could say anything, Aegi slipped into the elevator and pushed the close button. The elevator door closed before I could do anything.

 

I cover my eyes with my lower arm. I can’t get rid of the look on Aegi’s eyes. She’s afraid of being in love again and got hurt because of love. And it’s my fault for making her to be like that.

 

Gosh, what have I done to Aegi?

 

 

 

= Aegi's POV =

 

I’m looking on my own reflection on the mirror. I’m at the waiting room on the studio where I and Yesung oppa will have our performance. The make-up artist unnie was giving me natural sweet make-up with pink shades. She said that I’m better with natural make-up since I’m already beautiful. Beside, the theme of our song is sweet and love.

 

But as I look at my self, I remember the conversation that I have with Doojoon last night.

 

What if I say that I fall in love with you?”

 

Those words keep repeating on my mind. I don’t know whether I can trust that words. But the look at Doojoon’s face…

 

I shake my head to get rid of the image. I’m too afraid to remember the way that he looked last night.

 

Now I regret that I know Doojoon too well.

 

‘Cause the look that he gave me last night was the look of seriousness and determination. He was serious with his words. And that’s making me afraid.

 

Not just because I’m afraid of getting hurt once again, but I’m also afraid that I might break down and find out that I’m still in love with him.

 

That’s why I was avoiding his touch last night.

 

I’m afraid, that if he touches me, I might break down.

 

I thought I have moved on from him.

 

But with what has happened last night…

 

I don’t know my heart anymore.

 

---

Hy-eom~ (^o^)/

Another update for today. But so sorry if it's too short~ By the way, the title 'Fear & Regret' reminds me to a song from As One, 'Want & Regret'. LOL~ okay, that's random~ ^^

For all the readers, I hope you will enjoy the fic. For all whose already ready read Kyuri91's Aeternus Eternus and read this fic, I hope you will enjoy and like this fic as much as you like the sequel. If you haven't read the previous fic, you can find the link on the foreword.

Enjoy~ (^o^)/