∞ Chance ∞

Aeternus ∞ Eternus : Forever

- Doojoon's POV -

 

I couldn’t bring my self to sleep that night, thinking the fact that Gikwang is in love with Aegi. Gikwang is closer to Haemi, just like me and Hyunseung are closer to Aegi. Gikwang and Aegi have never actually closed before. They’re just like usual friends. They are close but seem normal for me. And Haemi was loved Gikwang before. That’s why I never expect Gikwang to be in love with Aegi.

 

But since when Gikwang fall for Aegi?

 

I don’t see any sign of Gikwang fall for Aegi. Probably it was because Aegi has never been with us all the time like Haemi does. Or probably I was too careless and too focused to Haemi until I missed the signs.

 

I release a sigh and look at the phone on my hand. The screen is showing Aegi’s name. I press the ‘call’ button and put the phone on my ear. But the notification that her phone’s not active is welcoming me again. I lower my hand and hang up the phone.

 

I’ve been calling Aegi several times but her phone is always inactive. I need to speak with her. I need to make sure about her feeling. And I need to make sure about my feeling toward her.

 

She has loved me before and somehow I wish her feeling has never changed.

 

I may be selfish. But I just realize when I saw Gikwang on the other day that I’m jealous. I’m jealous because Gikwang went to Jeju with Aegi. I’m jealous because Gikwang spent time with her. I’m jealous because I’m afraid that Aegi has stopped loving me.

 

I don’t want Aegi to stop loving me. Because…

 

I’ve been falling to Aegi too.

 

I just realize that I start to like Aegi. Ever since I kissed her cheek, my heart starts to beat whenever I think about her. I get annoyed whenever I see her with Gikwang. I get jealous when I know that Gikwang loves her too. And when she’s unreachable by phone or our social networking, I’m worried about her. And I miss her.

 

She’s indeed different from Haemi. Haemi is cute, loveable and kind. Ever since Haemi decided to whom her heart belongs to, I started to see her as a sister and a best friend. My feeling toward Haemi is becoming softer than love. I care about Haemi but my feeling toward her is not love anymore.

 

But Aegi…

 

I started to see her as someone that more than a sister and a best friend. She has never failed to make me amazed too with her talents, her personality and her own charm. Her mature yet sweet personality attracts me. She’s someone whom I can speak to, someone that I can rely on. I feel more comfortable with her than anyone else. Just because I was blinded by my feeling toward Haemi, I never noticed about it until now.

 

I look back to my phone and release another sigh. It’s making me crazy. I need to speak with Aegi.

 

I stand up from my seat and make Junhyung looks at me.

 

“I’ll be going out first.”

 

“But it’s already late. Where do you want to go?”

 

“Just walking around.”

 

I take my jacket and walk out before Junhyung says anything.

 

 

= Aegi's POV =

 

Finally my schedule is done for today. I got photo jacket session today for my debut single. I’ve never thought that photo session will take longer time that I have thought before. And it’s tiring to keep smiling or posing to the camera. I’m nervous at the beginning but I’ve managed to survive.

 

I release a sigh and turn my gaze to the driver on the front seat. Dongjun oppa is driving me back home. Ever since the incident, he keeps an eye on me 24/7, monitoring me every time and making sure that I won’t escape anymore. But I told him to relax because I won’t run away from my schedule anymore. I must keep my professionalism and put my career on the first place. But still, he doesn’t believe me.

 

Well, I can’t blame him for not putting his trust on me. I’ve been putting him in trouble on his first day as my manager.

 

I look outside again and rest my chin on my palm. The night is late already as the street is becoming empty. I’m sure that everyone has gone into their deep slumber.

 

Well, Aegi, welcome to the entertainment life. I told my self.

 

I know that my life will be messed up. My sleeping hours will be shortened as I will need to work for longer hours. I always know that I will go through the same life cycle when I saw BEAST members more than 2 years ago as I came to Haemi’s birthday.

 

Ah, yeah, I met BEAST 2 years ago on Haemi’s birthday. I always know Haemi is working as their personal assistant. Haemi told me. But I didn’t care about them. I always see them as normal guys, not as idols. My mother taught me that no matter how famous or how high a person position is, they’re just human like others with flesh and blood. So I have to treat them equally.

 

That was why I act as normal as I can toward BEAST when Haemi introduced me to them. Besides, compared to Haemi, I always am the colder, calmer and timid person. So, I treated them just like when I met someone new for me. Cold and timid. I wasn’t flailing when I saw them. I was not trying to get their attention. For me, they were just friends of Haemi and I didn't have any business with them other than through Haemi. But eventually, they started to talk to me and dragged me to join them. Naturally they became my friend. That was when I started to hang around with them and know them better. Hyunseung was the one who asked me to come along with them and Doojoon was the first one who talked to me.

 

Actually, everyone who know that I and Hyunseung share platonic relation often ask me how I can treat Hyunseung so carefree as if we’re sharing the same gender. But my feeling toward Hyunseung cannot move from friends to lovers. But for Doojoon, it happened the other way around. I fell for his charm and his kindness.

 

Doojoon might look cold and furious, but actually he’s gentle and kind. Even though I know that he fell for Haemi, I couldn’t stop to love him. At least, he made me moved on from my feeling to Hyoseun. And when Haemi told us that she got engaged by Hyoseun, he got broken-hearted. Jokingly, I was asking him what he thought about me and he replied me with, “I think I’m in love with you.”

 

We started dating at that time. He tried as hard as he could to love me. But I could see that he was just forcing him self to love me and clearly his feeling was harbored to Haemi only. Eventually, I got tired because of it. So I decided to end our relationship before he could hurt me much further. I was hurt by him and got hurt by love for the second time. But still, I keep my feeling for him.

 

I get snapped from my thought as the car stops on the front of my apartment building. I take my bag then look at my manager.

 

“Thank you so much.”

 

Dongjun oppa looks at me. "Don't forget that you will have recording for performance and radio interview tomorrow."

 

"Yes."

 

"I'll pick you up on 7. You need to go to the salon first. So be ready by that time."

 

"Okay."

 

"See you tomorrow."

 

I just say good night to my manager then step out from the car. I walk toward the apartment building. But as I walk closer, I see a familiar figure for me. I frown as he sees me and turns his body to face me.

 

"Doojoon?"

 

He gives me a smile and raise his hand to wave at me. "Hy."

 

"What are you doing here?"

 

"I want to see you. We need to talk."

 

"But it's late already."

 

But then, he put this look on his face. The look that tells me that he really needs to talk with me.

 

"Please." He begs.

 

I just sigh because of it. "Alright. Come in first. It's cold."

 

He nods. So I continue to walk to my apartment.

 

When we're waiting for the lift to come, I take a glance to Doojoon. He seems to be cold as he puts his both hands on his jacket pockets. He's using beanie hat and glasses for disguise. It seems that he has waited for me for some times.

 

"How long did you wait?" I ask him.

 

"An hour."

 

I drop my jaw to hear his answer. I can’t believe that he waited me for an hour. "An...” I’m speechless. “Why don't you...?" Then I remember that my phone is still on my manager's posession. I exhale. "Ah, right. My phone is got confiscated by my manager."

 

He seems to surprise as he raises his eyebrows.

 

"It's because I was running away from my schedule."

 

He seems to understand. "No wonder I can't call you."

 

"Sorry."

 

He just slightly nods and drops his gaze again. I frown. It's so rare for Doojon to act so silent like this in the front of me. It seems that he wants to talk something that very important with me.

 

"So what's up?" I ask casually.

 

Doojoon looks back at me with his frowning face. He looks troubled. "Can I ask you something?"

 

"Sure."

 

"Am I still have the chance?"

 

I frown with the question. "The chance for what?"

 

"For having your heart once again."

 

---

Update~ ^^

Did I just sense a twist here? XD

For all the readers, I hope you will enjoy the fic. For all whose already ready read Kyuri91's Aeternus Eternus and read this fic, I hope you will enjoy and like this fic as much as you like the sequel. If you haven't read the previous fic, you can find the link on the foreword.

Enjoy~ (^o^)/