∞ Fallen ∞

Aeternus ∞ Eternus : Forever

 

+ Gikwang's POV +

 

I look at the screen of my phone. It’s showing the timeline of my twitter account. But it’s also stopping on one tweet. It’s Aegi’s newest tweet.

 

It hurts.

 

Just a short statement. But it’s making me to feel restless. I’m worried. I’m worried about her and wondering what happens with her until she wrote that statement.

 

For this past 2 weeks after Haemi’s birthday, Aegi has never visited us or even contacted us. She doesn’t update her status at twitter too. I tried to text her once but she didn’t reply it. If she didn’t reply the message, usually she won’t pick up the phone either if I call her. I tried to convince my self that she must be very busy with her training. But then suddenly I saw the new tweet from her and my heart sank.

 

What happen to her?

 

Why is with message?

 

It’s making me worried. But I can’t do anything since my schedule is full right now.

 

I turn to see Haemi. She is sitting on the long chair by the wall and checking over some papers on her hands. We are practicing new dance choreography on our dance studio for our upcoming mini album. And we’re taking a break for now. I stand up from my sitting position and come to Haemi.

 

“Haemi ah.” I call her.

 

She diverts her gaze from the papers to me. “Yes?”

 

“Does Aegi contact you lately?”

 

Haemi tilts her head, trying to remember. “She did call me last week, saying that she would be busy and won’t be able to call or text for some time. But I haven’t heard anything from her again.”

 

Another wave of worries rushes onto me. “She didn’t tell you why?”

 

Haemi shakes her head.

 

I my lips as I drop my gaze.

 

“What’s the matter?”

 

I look at her again. It seems that Haemi notices that I feel restless. She is frowning and seemed to concern about me. But I can’t make her to worry about me. So I smile.

 

“Nothing.” I lie. “Thanks.” I turn and back to practice.

 

But I can’t get those words from Aegi’s tweet away from my mind.

 

Aegi, what’s happening with you?

 

 

 

= Aegi's POV =

 

I grimace in pain as I move my left wrist. It hurts whenever I move it. And I think it’s swollen a little bit. I just sigh to see it. Now I’m wondering should I go practice with a hand like this. I try to move my left wrist again but instead I get the stingy pain on my left wrist. I wince again then sigh. I think I can’t cook for my own if my left wrist is in pain like this. But I can’t buy food either since I don’t have much money.

 

Argh… what should I do with this swollen wrist?

 

It’s killing me and so annoying.

 

And I really want to curse that girl who pushed me till I fell earlier.

 

Ah, yeah, I got pushed by my fellow trainee. It was happening earlier at the trainee’s dance studio.

 

I was entering the studio after a meeting with the new manager that appointed for me and also about the debut schedule. It was fixed already. I’ll have my debut just before Christmas and my duet song with Yesung oppa will be released on the first week of December. And of course I would be having some performance with him.

 

But when I opened up the door and raised my gaze, I saw all those looks facing at me. The look of hate, jealously and envious.

 

I paused to see them all. But I decided to ignore them as I proceed to enter the room. I walked to the wall side. And as I walked, someone banged her shoulder so hard on my arm. I stopped and turned to see who did that to me. I saw this girl scoffed at me as she turned her face away from me. I knew her. She was a trainee that had been training for 4 years but not yet debuted. I didn’t know why the upper management didn’t debut her. But I tried not to concern my self with that matter. I wanted to scold her but I decided to shut my mouth and just walked away. So I continued to walk.

 

I guessed one of the trainers already told them that I was going to have my debut soon. So no wonder why they looked at me with all those look on their faces. I put my bag on the floor and took off my jacket as I wanted to practice. I walked to the center of the room. I did feel their glares at me. But then again, I chose to ignore them.

 

The trainer entered the room and told us to start practice. So all the trainees lined up and practiced dancing. I did the same too. But when we were practicing the routine, someone banged me from behind, causing me falling to the front.

 

I fell hard to the floor with my left hand first to support my body. Of course it made the trainer surprised to see me fall. He helped me to stand up. I wasn't feeling the pain when I got up. But I noticed that my left wrist started to be in pain. But I didn't tell the trainer and just continued to practice.

 

I try to clench my left fist again. But my wrist is still hurt. I released a sigh. I can't ask Haemi to come and help since I know that she must have busy with her schedule with BEAST. It seems that I'll be buying food for today.

 

I put down the frying pan and went to my bag to take my phone and purse. I grab my keys and walk to the door as I want to go out. But as I reach the door and open it up, I'm surprised.

 

Gikwang is already standing in the front on me with his hand raised, ready to knock the door. He seems to be surprised too since the door suddenly got opened before he can knock.

 

"Gikwang?"

 

"Ah, hy." He lowers his hand and smiles.

 

I frown. "What are you doing here?"

 

He seems to look for answer but can’t find one. "I'm worried about you."

 

"Worried?"

 

"Because your latest tweet."

 

I remembered the last tweet that I posted earlier. I can’t talk with anyone at the agency, so I pour my heart out on my twitter account.

 

“Can I get in?” He asks.

 

I release a sigh then open the door wider to let him in. Gikwang comes in and I close the door. He turns to see me again and frowns.

 

"Are you hurt?"

 

I can’t tell him. So I slightly hide my left wrist from his sight and shake my head. "No." I lie.

 

But I guess he notices it and takes my left hand for him to see. Another frown is formed by the time he sees my wrist. His eyes look up straight to my eyes. His gaze is genuinely worried about me. I guess he wants to get angry but he cannot.

 

"What happen to your wrist?" He asks.

 

"It's nothing."

 

I try to convince him. But it seems that he believes more to what that he sees than my words.

 

"I don't believe you. What's happen?" He touches my right cheek with his left hand while his right hand holds my left lower arm.

 

"I..."

 

He cut me right away. "Aegi, don't lie to me."

 

I become silent because of his words and because of his eyes that look at me. Somehow with his honest look, he manages to make me feel guilty. So I look down as I my lips.

 

"I fell down."

 

"What?"

 

"I fell down at the dance practice."

 

Another frown of confusion comes to his face. "Why?"

 

I don't know why, but I feel the rush of sadness and the feeling of loneliness comes out from my heart and fills my chest. That is the feeling that I've held for so long as a trainee. It’s suffocating me and making me wanting to cry. I try to hold my tears. I can't cry. Not in the front of Gikwang or to anybody else.

 

"Don't ask why. I just..."

 

But I guess my body is betraying my mind as I feel a tear slide down from my eyes. It's a tear that I've held so long. I quickly drop my head, wishing that he doesn't see the tear. But I guess he has seen it as he cups my cheek and wipes the tear with his thumb.

 

And to feel his warm palm on my cheek, I can't hold my tears any longer. Gikwang rounds his arm across my shoulders and pulls me closer.

 

I cry my heart out on his chest, making his t-shirt drenched with my tears. Gikwang doesn’t say anything. He just hugs me and caresses my hair. I appreciate that. It makes me realize that I’m not alone. Gikwang is here with me. And after four or five minutes later, I stop crying. I wipe my tears away and push him on his chest. That’s when he releases me from his embrace.

 

“Are you feeling better?” He asks as he frowns, looking worry.

 

I just nod. “Thank you.” I look at his t-shirt. I can see his drenched shirt. “Sorry to make your t-shirt wet.”

 

He smiles. “It’s fine. It’ll dry soon.”

 

I just slightly chuckle because of that.

 

“Ah.” Gikwang seems to have an idea on his mind. “Wait.” He takes his phone out from his trousers and dials a number. He waits for a while then says, “Hello, Hyung. It’s Gikwang.” He smiles. “Yeah, I’m fine.” Then a serious expression comes to his face. “Hyung, I need your help. Are you at the hospital right now?”

 

I tilt my head as I hear the hospital word. Who is the one that he calls?

 

A big smile comes back to his face. “Ah, yes. Then I’ll go there right now. Thank you, Hyung. I’ll hang up first.” He hangs up the phone and lowers his phone.

 

“Who is it?” I ask him.

 

He looks at me, still with a smile plastered on his face. “A friend of mine.” He raises his eye brows. “Ah, get your coat. Come with me. We’ll go out.”

 

I frown. “To where?”

 

“We can’t let your wrist like that.” He drops his gaze to my swollen wrist then back to my face. “Let’s go.”

 

Even though I feel confused, but I still come along. I took my coat and my bag then goes out with him.

 

We take the taxi. Gikwang tells the destination to the driver and few minutes later we arrive in the front of a hospital building. I look at the building then I turn as I see him come to my side. Gikwang looks at me as he gives me his smile.

 

“Let’s go.” He takes my left arm, signaling me to come with him.

 

Indeed I walk along with him but I’m still confused who we will meet. Gikwang comes to the receptionist and asks for a doctor with name Jang Taebin. Then a nurse leads us to one room where a man has waited for us. He smiles when he sees Gikwang then greets the younger guy with brotherly way.

 

“How are you?” Doctor Jang asks Gikwang.

 

“I’m fine.”

 

Then he notices my presence. I bow at him. He bows back then looks at Gikwang.

 

“Your girlfriend?”

 

The question makes Gikwang chuckled and waves his hand. “No, no, she’s not my girlfriend. She’s just a friend.” He drops his gaze.

 

But I feel that he said the last phrase reluctantly.

 

“She’s pretty.”

 

The phrase makes me praised. I smile and bow again. “Thank you.”

 

I take a look to Gikwang. He just smiles slightly. It seems that he’s also agreed with the words that Doctor Jang said. And his eyes look softer as he looks at me. It makes my heart flutters a bit.

 

“So what’s the matter?”

 

Gikwang tears his gaze from me and looks back to Doctor Jang. “Ah, her wrist is swelling.” He touches my back gently, giving a signal for me to sit on the chair. So I sit on the chair. “She was falling when she was having dance practice. I’m afraid that she might get a fracture or something.”

 

Doctor Jang only nods as he listens to Gikwang’s explanation. He looks back at me who already sit across of him. “Let me see your hand.”

 

So I show him my swollen wrist. He touches my hand gently.

 

“Tell me if it’s hurt, okay.”

 

I bite my lower lip as I nod.

 

Doctor Jang starts to press my swollen wrist and I wince in pain. “It’s hurt?” He looks back at me.

 

I nod.

 

Then he moves my hand. That’s when I murmur, “Aa!”

 

He stops. “But can you clench your fist?”

 

“Yes, but its kinda hurt.” I tell him.

 

“Let me take x-ray of your wrist.” He looks at Gikwang who stands beside me. “It’ll take a while. You can wait outside if you want to.” He stands from his seat and walks to call the nurse.

 

I feel Gikwang pats my head. I look up at him. He’s looking at me with his caring eyes.

 

“I want to make some calls. I’ll be right back.”

 

I nod. His hand touches my cheek and gives me a look as if he’s reluctant to leave me alone. But then, he walks out.

 

I’m having some checkups afterward for my wrist. The nurse takes an x-ray photo for my wrist and leads me back to Doctor Jang’s room. He’s asking some questions regarding my accident before the result comes. The nurse comes back with the x-ray photo on her hand. She hands the map to Doctor Jang. Doctor Jang is checking on the result as Gikwang comes in. He looks up as he hears the door opened.

 

“Ah. You’ve come back.” Doctor Jang welcomes Gikwang.

 

“Yes.” Gikwang walks closer. “How’s the result?”

 

“Nothing’s wrong with her bones or her muscles.” Doctor Jang put back the x-ray photo. “But her joint is a little bit dislocated. I guess it’s because of her fall.”

 

“Do I need to use cast?” I ask out of the sudden.

 

Doctor Jang looks back at me. “No. But I need to band your wrist to prevent you overusing your hand. Make sure that you don’t use it for lifting something heavy or using it for heavy activities, especially when you’re dancing.”

 

I just nod then look up to see Gikwang as Doctor Jang takes a roll of lint. He seems to be relieved as a smile comes to his face. I just smile to see him then turn back to Doctor Jang as I feel him taking my left hand.

 

“But I really wonder.” Doctor Jang opens another conversation as he warps the lint on my wrist. “Are you sure that you’re not couples?” He looks at Gikwang.

 

Gikwang quickly shakes his head. “Aniyo, hyung. We’re not couples.”

 

Doctor Jang chuckles. “But it seems that you concern so much about her.”

 

“Of course, I am. She’s my best friend.”

 

Doctor Jang takes a look to Gikwang. “Are you sure that you’re just best friends?”

 

The question makes Gikwang become shy. He touches the back of his ear. “Aish, hyung. Can we not discuss about this? She’s here and it’s making me feeling bad at her.”

 

It makes Doctor Jang smiles then he’s done banding my wrist. “It’s done.”

 

“How long will I have to band my wrist?”

 

“A week.”

 

“Ah, alright. Thank you so much.”

 

Doctor Jang gives me a smile. “You’re welcome.”

 

Then both I and Gikwang walk out from the room. Gikwang pays for the fee. He even refused to share me the bill when I asked him to let me pay some. We walk out from the hospital.

 

“Are you hungry?” Gikwang asks when we step out.

 

“Yes, I’m hungry. I haven’t eaten anything.” I paused. “I wanted to cook for my self when you were coming. But…” I show him the banded wrist.

 

He seems to understand. “Let’s go eat something first.” Then he pauses for a while. “Then, let’s go to Jeju.”

 

I look at him as I hear the word ‘Jeju’. “What?” I genuinely surprised with his words.

 

He smiles. “I promise to bring you to Teddy Bear Museum, right? Let’s go there now. I’ve taken care of everything.”

 

“But, my schedules…” I will have a recording tomorrow.

 

He seems not to listen to me. He takes my right hand, embracing my hand with his warm hand and making my heart skips a beat. “Let’s go.” He pulls me along with him so I don’t have any other choice but to go along with him.

 

But to see him like that, a slight smile comes to my face. Somehow I’m glad that he has this easy-going character of him. That’s why I let my self to be dragged by him.

 

I don’t want to worry about anything right now. I just want to forget about anything behind me for a while. About the training, the schedules, the jealousy of the other trainees.

 

Probably our runaway trip will get our selves into trouble on the time when we get back later. But for now, I just want to enjoy my self along with the one that I love.

 

Yes, even though it’s slightly, but I think I’ve fallen with Gikwang.

 

---

 

Hy-eom~ (^o^)v

Another update~ Hehehe~ And I think I don't have anything to say here. So... hehehe.. I really don't know what I want to say~ (-_-")

For all readers, I hope you will enjoy this fic. And for those who already read Kyuri's Aeternur Eternus and read this fic, I hope you will enjoy and like this fic as much as you like the prequel.

 

Enjoy~ (^o^)/