∞ Kiss ∞

Aeternus ∞ Eternus : Forever

= Aegi's POV =

 

I’m lying on my bed as I’m trying to sleep. I know that I’m tired and I will have schedules for tomorrow. But my eyes are betraying me and won’t shut down. My mind is wondering to the awkward situation between me and Doojoon earlier. I wish that no one noticed how awkward we are.

 

But I realize that I cannot act as usual to Doojoon after his confession. I never let him touch me again and I avoid having eye contact with him. I know that he wants to talk with me. But I don’t know whether I want to be alone with him. Somehow I feel afraid of him.

 

I turn to lay down at my belly and look at the small Teddy at the top of my pillow. I raise my body a bit as I use my elbows to support my body and nudge the teddy’s nose.

 

“Gikwang-ie, what should I do?” I asked him then prop my chin on my palm and pout my lips. “Doojoon told me that he loves me.” I take the doll with my other hand and put him close to my face. “I’m not sure about his feeling. Because you know that Haemi just rejected him recently. And suddenly he said that he has fell for me. So I think his feeling is not real. But…”

 

Sudden ring on my door bell cut my words. I look at my bedroom door then put the Teddy down. I go down from my bed, walk out from my bedroom and to the front door. I frown.

 

Who is coming to my place in the middle of the night?

 

I look at the door camera. I gasp as I see Doojoon is on my door.

 

He rings the bell again. “Aegi, open the door.”

 

I freeze. I don’t dare to make a move. But then, I hear knocks on my door. I look at the door. My heart is beating so fast.

 

“I know you’re still not sleeping.” I hear Doojoon’s voice behind the door. He paused. I guess he’s waiting for my reply. “I need to talk with you, Aegi. Please.”

 

I look at the door and feel hesitated. I don’t want to meet him. But…

 

 

- Doojoon's POV -

 

I wait and wait for Aegi to open the door. But still no answer from inside. I know that she hasn’t sleep yet. Her light is still on. And she never sleeps with the light on.

 

I knock the door again then press my palm against it as I lean closer.

 

“Aegi.” I call her name. “Open the door, please.” I drop my forehead on the door. “I really need to talk with you.” I said, half begging to her.

 

Then I hear the door clicks open. I move back and see the door opens, revealing the owner of the apartment.

 

“What?” Aegi asks with frown on her face. But her attitude gives me a sign that she’s still putting distance with me. “It’s already late, you know?”

 

“I know. But…” I paused. “I really need to talk.”

 

She looks at me for a moment as if she’s studying me. But then, she releases a sigh and opens the door wider as she moves backward to let me in.

 

“Thank you.” I tell her then walk in.

 

Aegi closes the door as I turn to face her. “Then now talk.” She said in cold tone and crosses her hands across her chest. But her eyes never look at me. “I have to practice tomorrow morning for my own debut stage. So…” She paused. “I think you understand, right?”

 

“It won’t take long, I promise.”

 

“So start now.”

 

“Why are you avoiding me?” I ask her straight to the point. I always know that Aegi never like to beat around the bush. “Is it because my confession?”

 

She puts on her expressionless face. “You’re right.” She said as she lowers her hands and walks toward the sofa.

 

“But I only confessed my feeling to you, Aegi.” I tell her as she walks passing me by.

 

She stops and turns to see me. “But your feeling is not real, Doojoon.”

 

Her words snap me. How could she say that?

 

”Haemi just turned down your feeling and you’re in the middle of healing your heart. None of your feeling right now is true. And, if you keep continue, it will hurt me.” She paused. “For the second time.” She adds with softer voice as she drops her gaze.

 

“But what if it’s not true?” I ask her. “What if I really fall for you?”

 

She looks at me again and shakes her head. “No. It’s impossible. I’ve been there before, Doojoon. I’ve learned from my lesson that the feeling of fall in love right after you broken-hearted because of someone else is only a fake feeling. And I don’t want to do the same mistake again.” She drops her gaze again. “Besides, I’m tired to be the second choice.”

 

Her words make me realized that I always turned to Aegi whenever I lost Haemi. And Aegi was keeping her feeling for so long to Hyoseun while Haemi enjoyed her engagement with him. Aegi is always becoming the second choice.

 

“So what should I do to make you believe that my feeling is real?”

 

Aegi shakes her head. “Nothing.” Her reply pierces through my heart. “Just leave me alone. Don’t make me confuse.” She coughs a little to clear out . “Now, can you please leave? I’m tired and I need to rest.” She points out her door.

 

I look at the door. But somehow I feel reluctant. She has rejected my feeling even before I have a chance to prove it to her. I don’t want it to end like this. I look back at her. She still points to the door without looking at me.

 

I take a step closer to Aegi. She quickly looks back at me and moves backward. I take another step toward her and she keeps moving back.

 

“What are you doing, Doojoon?” She asks then she is stopped by the wall behind her.

 

I don’t stop and keep going closer. She starts to panic and wants to walk away. But I put both of my hands on the wall, blocking her way with my arms. She presses her body to the wall and looks at me with panic and surprise expression.

 

“Y-Yoon Doojoon, what are you doing?”

 

I don’t reply at her and just lean closer to her face. She gasps and closes her eyes while holding her breath. But I still don’t stop. I move closer to her, almost crashing my lips on hers. But on the last moment, I change my direction and kiss her right cheek, almost at the corner of her lips.

 

I pull back. “Good night.” I tell her then walk off, out from her apartment.

 

 

= Aegi's POV =

 

My heart feels like it stops beating as I felt his lips on my right cheek, just around the corner of my lips. I closed my eyes as I was afraid to know what he would do even though I knew that he would kiss me.

 

But then, when he pulls out and saying, “Good night,” and leave, I’m finally being able to breath again. But I’m feeling shock. I even can’t hear the sound of the door being closed.

 

My knees are weak so I slide down to the floor.

 

Doojoon kissed me.

 

I touch my right cheek, right on the place where he has kissed.

 

He has never kissed me before.

 

But his kiss feels so soft and gentle.

 

Now I question my self. Is he really falling in love with me?

 

And…

 

Am I not still in love with him?

 

---

Uhm... now I'm confused~ on how this fic will be heading~ >_<

Which one do you think is the best for Aegi? Gikwang? Or Doojoon??