∞ Solving ∞

Aeternus ∞ Eternus : Forever

= Aegi's POV =

 

The performance day is getting near. Of course, I spend my time with practicing and practicing since my debut day is getting near too. And for the special performance, I and Gikwang never have the chance to practice again because of our schedules. So we were thinking to have a final rehearsal later at the performance day.

 

Since I got a day-off before my first performance which will be also the day where I perform with Gikwang, I decide to visit Haemi and stay over at her place. So I ask Dongjun oppa to drive me to her apartment and pick me up again on the next day. I spend the time having movies’ marathon with Haemi on her apartment. Haemi got time off from her job with BEAST. But she still needs to make a dinner for them later when they got home.

 

But then… do you know the quote that ‘times went fast when you’re having fun’?

 

I guess it happens too soon. Because, suddenly Haemi’s phone rings when we are watching our second movie. Both of I and Haemi look at the phone when it rings.

 

“Ah, I think they already come back.” Haemi takes her phone and answers it. “Yes?” She pauses. “Ah, okay. I’ll be right there.” She lowers her phone as she hangs up.

 

“The boys?” I ask her.

 

Haemi nods and looks at me with a smile on her face. “Dongwoon nags that he’s hungry.” She takes the remote and turns the player off. “We’ll continue this later.” She stands up afterward.

 

“Okay.” I reply her as I clean up our snacks’ tray.

 

“Want to join us for dinner?” Haemi asks.

 

I want to answer yes. But then I think about the possibility to see Doojoon. I still feel reluctant to see him. I inhale and shake my head. "No. I'm still full."

 

Haemi frowns in worry and comes to me. “Are you sick?” She asks as she puts her palm on my forehead.

 

I smile to see her worrying about me and lower her hand. “No, I’m fine. I’m just not hungry.”

 

“Hum…”

 

I can see that Haemi seems to be reluctant to leave. “I’m not sick. I’m fine.” I try to convince her. “I’m just…” I pause for a while. “I just want to be alone for a while.”

 

Haemi looks at me with her worried eyes, studying me and trying to know whether she can believe in me or not. But finally, she’s giving up. “Okay.” She replies me. “But I’ll bring you food later.” She walks toward the door. “And you have to eat it later.”

 

I smile. “Okay. I’ll eat your cooking.”

 

Haemi smile widely. “See you later.” She waves then walks out from the door.

 

I wave at her until the door is closed. I release a sigh and plop my self down on the couch. Finally I’m all alone again. I need to think alone now. I want to think about Gikwang and Doojoon.

 

Ever since Doojoon asked me about my feeling toward Gikwang, I’m starting to think a lot about both of them. Of course, I found out that Doojoon is already out from my heart even though I admit that there was still some soft feelings linger for him on my heart. But it’s certainly not love.

 

And for Gikwang…

 

I lean my head on the head rest and look up to the ceiling as I put the back of my palm to my forehead.

 

How do I solve the matter between me and Gikwang when I don’t know what kind of feeling that I have for Gikwang?

 

 

- Doojoon's POV -

 

As usual, Haemi cooks the dinner for us. Yoseob is helping her while I, Junhyung, Hyunseung and Dongwoon are playing the game at the living room with our own laptops. But when the dinner is ready, she suddenly pulls me away from the rest.

 

“Doojoon Oppa, can I ask your help?”

 

I look at her. “What’s the matter?”

 

She hands me a plate of food to me. “Can you give this to Aegi at my place?”

 

I receive the plate as I frown to see her. “What? Aegi is at your place?”

 

Haemi nods her head.

 

“Then why doesn’t she come here?”

 

Haemi shrugs her shoulder.

 

“Aish.” I rub the back of my head and return the plate to Haemi. “I’ll try to get her here.” I told Haemi then walk out from my dorm.

 

I walk toward Haemi’s place and knock the door. But there’s not reply from inside. I grab the knob and turn it. It’s unlocked.

 

Aish, this Aegi girl… how can she be so reckless?

 

I open up the door and come in. “Aegi.” I call her name.

 

But there’s still no answer. So I seldom my self to walk in. As I walk in to the living room, I see Aegi sitting on the couch with her eyes are closed. She is wearing a loose sweater with jeans. I see that she holds her iPod on her hand and plugs her ears with her earphone. No wonder if she didn’t hear my calls earlier. I exhale and walk toward her then stop at the front of her.

 

Actually I want to nudge her, but then I’m thinking what if she’s sleeping. I’m sure that she’s tired with her schedules lately. She will have her debut soon. So she’s having plenty of practice sessions to prepare herself, including her special stage with Gikwang.

 

But then, I see that her head slowly falls to the side and her body eventually follows. I quickly stretch my hand and cup the side of her head so she won’t fall to the couch so hard. But it seems that my action wakes her up. She opens her eyes and looks at me.

 

“Doojoon?” She asks with sleepy frown on her face.

 

“Ya, don’t sleep like this. You can bang your head to the couch.”

 

She looks around and back to me. “What are you doing here?” She asks as she straightens her body.

 

“I’m calling you to have dinner with us.”

 

“Ah…” She looks understand then she lowers her gaze and turns off her ipod.

 

“What’s the matter with you?” I ask my concern as I sit beside her.

 

She shrugs her shoulders. “I’m just tired with all the practices and stuffs.”

 

I just look at her. Aegi seems to be tired. I know that her days must be harder than usual prior to the debut. But I know Aegi never complain. She always keeps all to her self. I turn my body to face her.

 

“Ya, Aegi.” I call her softly as I touch her hair gently. “Is my chance have gone?”

 

Aegi turns her gaze to see me. “For what?”

 

“For having your love again?”

 

She releases a sigh and turns her gaze away. “Oh, Doojoon. Can we not discuss about it again?”

 

“Why?”

 

“I…” She loses her words to explain. But then, she inhales and exhales. “Doojoon, I like you.” She looks at me. “But I don’t know whether I still love you or not. We were couple before but nothing worked for us. And now you were broken-hearted again because of Haemi and you are forcing your self again to love me. It’s not right, Doojoon. You’re only repeating the same mistake again.”

 

“But what if I told you that I really love you?”

 

Aegi exhales again. “Don’t start again. I’m tired of us arguing the same thing everytime we meet. We’re friends, Doojoon. So, let’s stick as being friends.”

 

“But I really love you now.”

 

“You’re not.” Aegi stands up and wants to walk away.

 

But I quickly grab her hand and stand up. I cup her cheek as I bring my lips to meet with hers. I just want her to know that my feeling for her is real.

 

Suddenly, Aegi pushes me away. She seems to be surprised with the kiss. She is blushing so hard. But she looks angry.

 

“What are you doing, Yoon Doojoon?!! Are you insane?!”

 

 

+ Gikwang's POV +

 

I’m leaning my back at the elevator’s wall as the elevator brings me up. I look back at my phone. My timeline is stopped at one tweet. It was a tweet from Aegi.

 

Finally, all alone on my bestfriend’s place. Tired~

 

So, she’s at Haemi’s place right now. I smile to know it. I want to see her before I come back to my place. That’s why I walk toward Haemi’s place.

 

When I arrive on the door, I see that the door is slightly opened. So I push it to open wider and walk in. At that moment, I hear voices coming from inside.

 

“But what if I told you that I really love you?”

 

I stop as I hear Doojoon’s voice.

 

“Don’t start again. I’m tired of us arguing the same thing everytime we meet. We’re friends, Doojoon. So, let’s stick as being friends.”

 

It’s Aegi’s voice. So they are both inside. But hearing all this is making my heart ached. Doojoon really wants to get Aegi back to him again.

 

“But I really love you now.”

 

“You’re not.”

 

I don’t know whether I have to rejoice since Aegi refuses. I step further in, trying to greet them. But my heart sinks as I see that Doojoon kiss Aegi. I clench my fist as I see them kissing. Somewhere deep in me, I can feel that my heart is breaking.

 

Then I see Aegi pushing Doojoon away from her. She seems to be surprised, shocked and embarrassed as her face is blushing. She seems to be angry too.

 

“What are you doing, Yoon Doojoon?!! Are you insane?!” She yells then wipes her lips with the back of her palm.

 

"Probably I am. But I'm different now."

 

"But that's not the way to show me. I'm not your place to run whenever you got rejected."

 

"Then tell me what to do. What do I have to do to show you?"

 

Aegi shakes her head and turns her look. But then she stops as her eyes catch my present there. She seems surprised to see me. "Gikwang..."

 

Doojoon turns his head to see me. Somehow I feel so awkward. I have witnessed their kiss while I still keep my feeling to Aegi. I let out a smile. Or at least, I try to smile, even though I know that my smile will look awkward.

 

"Sorry, guys. I..."

 

I don't know what I want to say anymore. So I just turn and walk away. But as I walk away, I hear Aegi calling my name.

 

 

= Aegi's POV =

 

"Gikwang!"

 

I call his name but Gikwang already left the room. I need to go after him. I need to explain about what happened between me and Doojoon. So I walk toward the door.

 

"Aegi."

 

I stop and turn to Doojoon. "We'll talk later." I tell him then walk away.

 

As I come out from the room, I see Gikwang on the front of the elevator. So I run toward him.

 

"Gikwang, wait."

 

But the elevator's door dings opened and Gikwang steps in. I arrive at the front of the elevator a little bit late. The door closes before I manage to do anything. I press the button but the elevator won't open. I look up and see that Gikwang is heading to the rooftop. So I decide to use the stairs to go upstairs.

 

I really have to thank to my training so I have fitter body to run up at the stairs. I arrive at the most top floor and see Gikwang already headed toward the rooftop door. I run after him.

 

"Gikwang!" I call him as he walks out to the rooftop.

 

I walk after him to the open rooftop. Oh my, it's so freezing up here. I forget that it's winter. But it's not the time to be concerned about it. I need to explain. I need to clear out the misunderstanding.

 

"Lee Gikwang! Will you stop and listen to me, please?!"

 

Finally, Gikwang stops and turns to see me. I hold my breath as I see the look in his eyes. He hurts. He's hurting again because of me.

 

"What should I listen to, Aegi? Is it clear enough that Doojoon loves you now?"

 

"No, it's not." I clench my teeth as the cold wind blows. It's freezing. I should have worn thicker clothes. "Probably he falls for me, but I'm tired of being his second choice."

 

"But you are his first choice now."

 

"No." Oh, gosh. I need to have some warmth soon. But first, Gikwang needs to understand. "He's in the middle of curing him self. What he feels for me is not love."

 

"So, what is that?"

 

"He just thinks that he loves me because I'm the one that close to him beside of Haemi." I can feel that my teeth start chattering. "I don't want to be the second choice anymore, Gikwang. I want to fall to someone that loves me the most."

 

"Then who is he? Who is the one that loves you the most?"

 

I go silent as I look at him. I know the answer but I can't bring my self to say it. But I notice that Gikwang's look become softer. I guess he starting to understand who I meant. And I can't take it anymore. It's TOO cold for me.

 

"Ah, it's so cold." I hug my self and rub my arms.

 

I can hear Gikwang chuckles.

 

"Then why are you following me here?"

 

I quickly shoot him a sharp glare. "Then whose fault is this? Why don't you stop and listen to me on the first place?"

 

He smiles then walks closer and engulfs me within his embrace where I find some warmth that I need. I swear that I feel like wanting to snuggle at his body like a kitten when he hugs me.

 

"Sorry, Aegi."

 

I just nod.

 

"But... Does it mean that you don't love Doojoon anymore?"

 

I look at him. Sometimes, I really huff with Gikwang's stupidity. "Isn't it obvious?"

 

"Then who do you love now?"

 

He questions the words with naïve look. But somehow it's making the blood rushes onto my face. I quickly turn my face away as I know that I'm blushing.

 

"Ah, that..." I put my hands on his chest, wanting to push him away from me.

 

But Gikwang quickly locks me with his hands intertwined behind my back, so I won't go anywhere. He puts a knowing smile on his face and drops his forehead onto mine.

 

"Just admit it, will you?" He murmurs before blowing my heart to the sky with his kiss.

 

But a sneeze forces me parting the kiss. Oh, what a great way to ruin a romantic moment.

 

Gikwang just chuckles. "Alright. I think we'd better get in before you get sick."

 

"Sorry."

 

He just pats my head and turns my body before pushing me to the door.

 

Well, at least, one problem has solved between us. Now, what I need to think about is the debut stage and the special stage with Gikwang.

 

---

Another update~

Sorry for taking this too long~ I'm having writer's block since I'm so busy with my job and too tired even to think about something~ So, yeah, my ideas run dry~ ^^ But I hope you will like this chapter~ ^^ I include some humors on it since I can't stand with not ruining the perfect moment~ XDDD

For all the readers, I hope you will enjoy the fic. For all whose already ready read Kyuri91's Aeternus Eternus and read this fic, I hope you will enjoy and like this fic as much as you like the sequel. If you haven't read the previous fic, you can find the link on the foreword.

Enjoy~ (^o^)/