∞ Lee Gikwang ∞

Aeternus ∞ Eternus : Forever

- Doojoon's POV -

 

I release my sigh as I see the time from the clock that hanging on our dorm's main room. It's already pass midnight and Lee Gikwang is not coming back yet. I look at Junhyung who tries to call him for the nth time. I already lose track on counting how many time Junhyung or the other member tried to call him, including me. The other members are sitting on the couch as we're waiting for Gikwang. Junhyung clicks his tongue and lowers his phone.

 

"Still unreachable?" I ask him with frown on my forehead.

 

Junhyung looks at me and nods. "It keeps directing me to his mail box. His phone is still off."

 

"Have you tried to call Aegi? Probably she knows something." Hyunseung suggests.

 

"Ah, Haemi had tried but her phone is off too. Probably she's practicing. She's so busy lately." Yoseob replies him.

 

"Probably he's with his parents." Dongwoon tries to be positive.

 

"But at least he can call us for that. He didn't come back last night and cannot be reached until now."

 

Unconsciously, I raise my voice. I'm angry. Yes, I'm so angry because of Gikwang.

 

I stand up from the couch. I walk few steps forward. But I'm so worried about Gikwang and it's annoying me. I can't help but to think that something bad has happened to him.

 

"Argh! Where's that kid?!"

 

By the time, I finished with my words, the door opens. I quickly turn to the door. I see Gikwang walks in and closes the door. He seems so relax as he opens his shoes.

 

"Ya!! Lee Gikwang!!" I yell at him in anger as he walks to the main room.

 

He seems to be surprised as he stops and looks at us. I put both of my hands on my waist.

 

"Where have you been?! Don't you know that we're worried to death because you're unreachable?"

 

He blinks at me and realizes about something. "Ah, I forget to turn on my phone. I'm so sorry about that."

 

"But where have you been?" Junhyung asks him. Probably he sees that my anger has reached the point where I become speechless. I really want to explode in anger right now.

 

"Jeju island." Gikwang replies honestly without even thinking.

 

"Jeju?!"

 

Even Yoseob, Dongwoon and Hyunseung now surprised with his answer.

 

Gikwang nods sincerely. "With Aegi."

 

"What?"

 

Now it's my turn to be surprised. My eyes widen as I hear that Gikwang went to Jeju with Aegi. But I sense something wrong with Aegi. I know Aegi too. I always admire her professionalism and her dedication to singing and dancing. She can’t be agreed to have the trip to Jeju with Gikwang unless something happen.

 

"What's happen to Aegi?" Hyunseung asks as he feels something has happened to his best friend. Probably he also knows that Gikwang won't do such a stupid action without a reason. We know Gikwang so well as well as Aegi.

 

"She got hurt." Gikwang said as he comes to the table and put his bag there.

 

“What?” Hyunseung eyes seem almost popped out because of that. He quickly comes to Gikwang side. "What's happen to her? Tell me."

 

"She just hurt her wrist because she fell down on the dance practice. She didn't tell me why she could fall. But I'm guessing that someone did something to her. Trainees' life is hard and full of competation. We're all knew that well enough, right?" He pauses for a while.

 

All the five of us go silent. We don't know that Aegi has gone through such a hardship. We never know since Aegi never tell us anything. Probably not even Haemi knows about this.

 

"But I already took her to Doctor Jang for check up. And there's nothing wrong with her wrist"

 

Somehow when I hear that Aegi got hurt, my heart sinks. I feel useless. I don't know that she got hurt. I should have realized that her life is harder since she's a trainee on a big company like SME.

 

"I'd better call her." Hyunseung turns, wanting to get his phone. He seems to be very worried about Aegi.

 

"Don't." Gikwang quickly stops him. "I'm sure she's resting now. She has packed schedule tomorrow. So I told her to go rest earlier tonight."

 

Hyunseung seems to realize that Gikwang is right.

 

"But can I tell Haemi?" Yoseob asks. "Haemi has the right to know about this, right? She's Aegi's best friend too."

 

A smile blooms on Gikwang’s face. "Yeah, I guess you can tell Haemi. But tell her not to bother Aegi tonight."

 

Yoseob nods and takes out his phone to call Haemi.

 

"I want to rest now. I'm tired too." Gikwang takes his bag.

 

"Ya, Gikwang." Junhyung calls him.

 

Gikwang stops and looks at Junhyung.

 

"You're lucky that we don't have schedule today."

 

Gikwang only smiles because of it then he walks off toward our room.

 

When I saw him, I feel something is bothering me. It's not because the fact that he went to Jeju with Aegi. But it's because I can see something that changed from Gikwang. The way that he looks as he speaks about Aegi is making me annoyed. The spark that shown on his eyes whenever he’s around Aegi. His sincere and caring smile toward Aegi.

 

Because I just realized that Gikwang has seen Aegi on the same way as I saw Haemi before.

 

Lee Gikwang is in love with Aegi.

 

 

= Aegi's POV =

 

I enter the SME's training center building as I need to practice on my dance for my debut.

 

Since this morning, I received some messages from BEAST members. They were asking about my condition. Haemi even called me earlier. I guess Gikwang had told them about what happened yesterday. I can't blame him. He's too easy to read sometimes.

 

As I step inside, I go to the practice room that often used by the sunbaes instead of going to the trainees' practice room. My manager told me to start using the upper practice room so I can focus to my debut.

 

When I almost arrived on the room, I see SHINee's manager is standing not too far from the door. So probably SHINee members are using the room too. But I also see my manager, Lee Dongjun, is with him too. Both of them are talking.

 

I grin to see him. I cannot be seen by him. Or else I will get scolded by him since I missed the recording schedule for last night. So I tip-toe to the door.

 

I manage to reach the door and open it soundless. I push it to open and walk in. I turn and want to push the dool close. At that time, I see my manager caught my presence. I gasp and quickly close the door.

 

"Ya! Shin Aegi!"

 

I heard him call my name before the door closed. Should I be panic right now?

 

I hear the door clicks and opens. I step back and hold my breath, expecting my manager will show up with anger on his face.

 

And, yup, he does. He is standing on the door with one of his hand resting on his hip while another one holding the door knob. I can see anger in his eyes.

 

"Shin Aegi. Vocal room, right now." He turns afterward.

 

I just exhale and prepare my self to accept my fate. I turn to see SHINee members who sitting on the room as they're resting. I see Onew oppa smiles to see me. I just give him my forced smile then walk to follow my manager.

 

The vocal room located just across the hallway. It's a sound-proof room that we use for practicing our vocal. I walk in to the room, following my manager. He looks pissed. I guess he deserved to be pissed after what I had done yesterday.

 

He stops. So I stop too. Then he turns.

 

"You...!"

 

I flinch because of his voice that rose to me. I guess he wants to curse. But he doesn't know what to say. I know I’ve messed up on his first day as my manager. No wonder if he’s so angry. Dongjun oppa release his sigh.

 

"Do you know what you have done yesterday? You're messing the schedule."

 

I just drop my gaze to the floor. "I'm so sorry." I bow deeply.

 

"And where did you go yesterday? I tried to call you but I just got your voice mail box to reply me."

 

"I'm sorry." I only can say that since I can't let him know that I was going to Jeju yesterday.

 

Suddenly I see his hand in the front of me. I raise my gaze to his face, trying to question what he means with that hand of his.

 

"Your phone."

 

So he's asking for my phone. I don't dare to disobey him. So I take my phone from my pocket and hand it to him. Beside my iPod, my phone is my only entertainment when I got bored.

 

He quickly takes the phone from me making me slightly whimpers as if someone has took my toy away from me.

 

"I'll be holding your phone for now. You can have it back on the time when you have your debut."

 

I pout my lips.

 

But it seems that he saw the lint on my left wrist. “What happen to your wrist?”

 

“Ah, this. I fell and hurt my wrist. But I already checked it and it’s just a sprain. Nothing’s wrong with the bone or the muscles.”

 

Dongjun oppa only nods. He doesn’t ask more. But I see from his eyes that he seems to know about something. Probably he already knew about what had happened on the Trainees Practice room 2 days ago.

 

"Now, go back to the practice room and wait for the choreographer to come. Later you'll have a schedule for recording again." He walks toward the door.

 

"But what if my mom or my sisters call?" I turn to see him.

 

He holds the door knob and turns to see me. "You can call them and tell them to call you on my number." He opens the door and walks out.

 

I can't believe that he's taking my phone away. I just release a sigh. But I guess I deserve to receive it as a punishment for what I have done yesterday. I walk to the door and go to the practice room.

 

When I enter the practice room, I walk for few steps to the center of the room then squat down and hug my knees. I drop my head to the bridge of my arms, cursing my foolishness. I hear footsteps come to me. It stops in the front of me and I feel someone's hand touches my arm slightly.

 

"Ya, Aegi ah. Are you okay?"

 

It's Onew oppa's voice. I raise my gaze up to him.

 

"My phone got confiscated." I tell him.

 

I hear a snort voice comes from Jonghyun so I look at him.

 

"No wonder." He comes to me. "I heard what you did yesterday. You do really have the guts, princess, for running away from your schedule like that."

 

Ugh, I hate Jonghyun for being so cruel to me. Ever since I was still a trainee, he never fails to tease me or being mean to me. Meanwhile, the other members of SHINee are being nice to me.

 

"Shut up." I stand up. "If you're done with the practice, just leave. It’s my schedule to have the room now."

 

Onew just smiles to see my stern attitude toward. "Okay." He looks at s. "Let's go." He looks back at me. "Good luck with your debut, Aegi."

 

I give him a smile. "Thank you."

 

The SHINee members walk out one by one, leaving me alone on the room. I release a sigh. I guess I’ve reaped what I sow. Yesterday, I ran away from my schedule then now I got my phone confiscated. I guess it’s still not too bad, considering that my debut can be cancelled because of my selfish act yesterday. I decide to have stretching for warm-up. The choreographer can come anytime so I need to be prepared.

 

 

After I’m done with my entire schedule today, I come back to my apartment. As I walk in to my apartment, I feel my entire body is aching and my throat is dry. DongJun oppa really packed up two days schedules on one day. And I can’t complain either since it was my fault on the first place. So I walk to my bed, dropping my bag on the floor before throwing my self to the bed without even bother to remove my make-up or change my clothes. It’s good to lay down on my bed again. I’m exhausted.

 

I see the 8 inches Teddy that I bought on the Teddy Bear Museum. I placed him along with the larger Teddy that I bought on my bed. I move my hand and touch the Teddy’s nose. I remember that Gikwang bought another Teddy that similar with this one but dressed in girl’s dress while mine is dressed on boy’s clothes. He told me that he’ll name his teddy with my name. I take the Teddy and turn my body around so I’m facing upward.

 

If Gikwang named his teddy with my name, should I name mine with his name too?

 

But is it a little bit tacky?

 

I look at the Teddy. Somehow he reminds me to Gikwang. I chuckle to my thought.

 

“Then your name is Gikwang, Lee Gikwang.” I tell the Teddy.

 

I release a sigh and lower my hand. I wonder what Gikwang doing right now. Not just him, but Haemi, Hyunseung, Doojoon, Yoseob, Dongwoon and Junhyung too. If I have my phone, I’ll go and check their twitters. But since my phone is confiscated, so I can’t check on them. But I miss them all.

 

And if I have to specify them, probably I’ll say that…

 

I miss Lee Gikwang.

 

---

Another update for today~ and ah... I think I made a mistake on the previous chapter. I should have stated that Aegi actually bought 2 Teddies, the 8 inches one and the bigger one. Thank you for @cutiepi2124. Your comment makes me realize my mistake. So sorry about that. And for @deedee48, errr... you can imagine that's me instead of Aegi, but too bad that I'm not as beautiful as Aegi.

For all the readers, I hope you will enjoy the fic. For all whose already ready read Kyuri91's Aeternus Eternus and read this fic, I hope you will enjoy and like this fic as much as you like the sequel. If you haven't read the previous fic, you can find the link on the foreword.

Enjoy~ (^o^)/