Chapter *

When Kris Met Tao

“So… it was just like that? “ Kris asked as Tao helped him carry the couch inside of his apartment.

“Yeah,” Tao said as he tried not to slip on the carpet, “ChanYeol said it was love at first bite, whatever the hell that means. As soon as the date ended, they walked back to his apartment, laid on the floor and just talked.”

Kris and Tao gently placed the couch on the floor, and the both sat down with a grunt, “Talked? Just talked?”

“The whole night.”

“And it’s been five days?”

“Oh trust me, they haven’t left each other at all.”

Kris shook his head, “Well, I guess he found his Mr. Perfect. I remember on the day we met in the bookstore, he was practically hyperventilating at the fact that he found this tall and deep voiced man in the ‘self-help: questioning uality’ section.”

Tao’s head looked at him questioning, “ChanYeol was with me that day. He was freaking out because he was thinking he was gay.”

Kris, looked at Tao, who stared back. It took a moment before they started laughing, “Holy crap! He’s been interested in ChanYeol before they even met!”

It was a few more minutes’ worth of laughing when they stopped, a quiet comfort blanketing them. A phone beeped, and they both went to retrieve their phone, but Tao was the first to laugh, showing a picture from Baekhyun to Kris.

In the picture, Baekhyun and ChanYeol were shirtless, but the latter was sleeping on some pillows, unaware that Baekhyun was the one taking a selfie. Underneath the picture was a caption: Mr. and Mr. Perfect.

“What the is that supposed to mean?” Kris asked, “That can’t be what I think it means, can it? They just met!”

Tao’s phone beeped, and he read the next message, “Next Tuesday is their wedding date.”

“Wait, what?”

“Yeah. Apparently they’re desperate to marry.”

“But they met five days ago! Where the hell are they going to marry at such short notice?”

 

“ I can’t ing believe they’re getting married in New ing York.”

“Well, they legalized gay marriage, they have the money, they’re obviously in love.”

“But Tao, it’s been five days. What the hell is wrong with them?”

“I think it’s romantic,” Tao shrugged as he flipped through the Sky Mall magazine, “It makes me sort of jealous. The idea of finding the one, Miss or Mr. Perfect.”

Kris looked at Tao as he continued about his thoughts about Baekyeol’s wedding. He soley believed that if a couple was in love and sure of it, they should get married. He also liked that he was getting a free ticket back to New York. Kris thought many things, and gave up trying to understand the couple. He knew Baekhyun for years now, this kind of was an old shock with a new person.