Chapter !)

When Kris Met Tao

2013

“And that, class, is the reason why you can’t hit a basketball with a baseball bat,” Kris yelled as he walked over to the closet to throw the equipment away, “Now go get dressed and leave for lunch. If you ever do this crap again, I will go all kung fu on your .”

“Hmm… I would like to see that.”

Kris banged his head against the door frame, and looked up, Tao sporting leather pants with ripps and a t-shirt with a tiger on it. Kris, for a second was stunned to even see him there, “Hey. What are you doing here?”

Tao lifted up a brown bag, and shook it, “I deliver goods and some news.”

 

Kris took a heavenly bite out of xialongbao that Tao made, at how good it was.

Tao took the advantage of Kris’s occupied mouth to talk, “So… I met Sehun this morning.”

Kris nearly choked, aware of the relationship between the two, “And?”

“We agreed to go out for lunch on Saturday; to catch up with each other.”

Kris sensed the hesitance in Tao’s voice, “Do you want me to come along?”

Tao shook his head, “No… I think I can handle seeing my exe.”

“What is something more happened?”

Tao shrugged, “If he’s going to come back and want to be my boyfriend again, I don’t think I would say. If he kisses me, then I have no idea what I should do.

 

 

Tao seemed bossier than usual. He seemed uptight and annoying, a trait Kris discovered when he was nervous. He was annoyed by Tao, and seemed ready to burst. In an attempt, he suggested to go to store and buy some food, which Tao agreed to as he pulled out the fourth cake from his oven.

In reality, Kris escaped over to Baekyeol’s apartment on the top floor, knocking hard and loud.

ChanYeol opened the door, shirtless and hair messy, panting, “Oh… hi, Kris.”

“Sorry to ruin a pre-dinner ing session, but I need to speak to you about Tao.”

“Sure… come on in.”

Kris never entered their apartment, which was pretty simple. They seemed to keep everything neat,and nothing indecent was around, which put a good impression on the newly ing budding married couple.

Baekhyun was stepping out of the bedroom in a white button down that was too large for him, smiling brightly when he saw his husband, but frowned when he saw Kris, “What’s going on?”

ChanYeol swooped down to kiss him, “Funky Tao business.”

“But ChanYeol…”

“Don’t worry Baek,” Kris said as he looked at a painting, “You’ll have to feel satisfied with feeling his voice deep in your balls for now.”

Baekhyun flushed a deep red, and walked over to the couch. Kris took note of his best friend’s look, “Huh. I didn’t know ChanYeol had an eyeliner .”

“So, Kris. What’s going on with my best friend?” ChanYeol asked as he put his arm around Baekhyun, who gave off a murderous expression. Kris knew his best friend could deal with   and a for a while.

“Who is Sehun exactly?” Kris asked as he wasted no time, “Why won’t Tao open up about him?”

ChanYeol sighed and removed his arm from his husband and leaned his elbows on his knees, “Baek, babe, can you please leave?”

The boy immediately walked to the bedroom and closed the door, leaving ChanYeol room to breathe, “Okay. So… Sehun was the first to take Tao’s ity. Tao dated Sehun a bit before that, and after, Tao believed they should move in together, to test the waters of possibly marrying. They were together for six months, moved in, together again for six months and then three months after their first anniversary things slowly went downhill.”

“Wait, I thought Tao has had in college?”

“Nah, he seemed like that to intimidate others.”

“So what happened?”

“Sehun was changing. He got a higher position at his job, earning more money. Tao was struggling keeping his shop open. It pissed Tao off to a point that Tao broke up with him.”

Kris shrugged, as if saying ‘that’s it?’

ChanYeol sighed, “He broke up with Sehun because he was better than him. It’s as simple as that.”

“So Tao has some sort of inferiority issue?”

ChanYeol shrugged, “That’s one way to look at it. I think it’s because he did martial arts, even though I think he seems more like the woman in the relationship.”

“Thanks,” Kris said, making sense of everything, “I’ll leave now. Ah, and I’m gonna help you out on Baek for a moment.”

“What do you mean?”

“Did you know he always fantasied being covered in chocolate and being clean?”