Chapter (

When Kris Met Tao

Kris and Tao and were practically following Baekhyun around, looking for the perfect suits and flowers. Tao was enjoying the whole thing, while Kris felt like he was choking. He didn’t not like this whole wedding process at all. Sure, he was happy his best friend was getting married, but his moral beliefs and past were getting in the way.

He was practically being a rainy cloud on the three’s sunshine parade.

Kris, with the ability to drive better in more organized traffic, was keeping his anger mostly on the fact that he was yelling at the traffic. He thought of the time he dropped Tao off in New York, and it nearly made him laugh in sarcasm that he was right then and now: he hated the traffic.

He was practically self-loathing back in the hotel room, letting the other three chat freely about the wedding and ideas. He was watching the TV, the news seemed to have distracted him from mixed feelings when he felt a pillow bounce off his head.

Glaring, he saw Tao and ChanYeol trying not to laugh as Baekhyun  yelled at him, “Excuse me, I know you're busy loathing about the fact that youre jealous that you wont be the first married, but can you please do me favor and help me out with something important?”

“Your fiancé is right there. I’m pretty sure you can talk to him about anything.”

“Actually, Kris, it’s sort of something I need to ask you. Baekhyun’s just trying to be a nervous bridezilla.”

“And while you ask my pathetic best friend, I will be in my hotel room, debating on whether or not I want to wear a blue or red bowtie,” said the dramatic Bacon as he slammed the door of the hotel room, his marching steps fading with distance.

Tao stood up from the chair and walked over to the mini fridge to get water when ChanYeol blurted out, “I haven’t kissed Baek?”

The two China-born looked at ChanYeol with a ludicrous expression, practically yelling out the same thing, “What do you mean you haven’t kissed him?”

“Didn’t you and Baek already have ?”

“No,” ChanYeol’s eyes widened, “What made you think that?”

 Tao pointed to his phone, practically signing his frustration. ChanYeol looked over at Kris, who turned the TV off and turned around on the ocuch to talk to the soon-to-be-married man, “Baekhyun sent a picture of you two shirtless on your bed a few days after you guy had your first date.”

“He did?” ChanYeol mumbled, shrugging, “I don’t know why he did that. My apartment gets randomly hot, so I suggested we take off our shirts. I fell asleep and I guess that’s when he sent it.”

“So, you haven’t ever kissed him?” Kris asked, kind of surprised, “Not even on the cheek?”

ChanYeol shook his head, “I love him too much,  I want our first to be very special.”

“So… why are you telling us?”

“Well… how am I supposed to kiss him?” ChanYeol asked, “I mean, the wedding isn’t huge. It’s just you guys. But I sort of want to leave him breathless.”

“Well, there’s always Youtube,” Kris shrugged, “theres literally plenty of videos on how to kiss someone.”

“But, I don’t know how,” ChanYeol whined, “Can you show me?”

“I am not kissing you ChanYeol!” Kris practically yelled, “You’re engaged, I am not doing that! I have morals!”

“Well I have no issue with it,” Tao shrugged as sat on the bed opposite of ChanYeol, “But, Kris is right. I have no issue with kissing others, but Baekhyun is your fiancé and a new friend I like to shop with.”

“So, then kiss each other.”

“How the hell is that gonna solve anything?” Kris asked begrudgingly.

“ChanYeol’s a visual learner,” Tao stated, looking at Kris, “You know I’m open to anything, you both know that.”

Kris sort of glared at Tao, “I’m sorry ChanYeol, but you're on your own. I am not kissing Tao.”

 

Tao came out of the bathroom in basketball shorts and a t-shirt, a towel around his necka s he was drying his hair. He looked over at Kris who was looking at his phone, an uneasy expression written on his face.

Tao sat his bed and looked at Kris, just taking him in. Kris didn’t bother to look up from his phone, mumbling, “I can feel you staring at me.”

Tao nodded, settling back in his bed, “I’ve noticed you haven’t been really yourself since this unexpected engagement. Care to explain.”

Kris threw his phone over to Tao, who picked it up and saw that he was reading text messages from Lu Han over four years ago.

May 16th, 2008

L: Hey baby, how was school?

K: Same old. Kind of tired. You still coming over?

L: Hmm. I’m bringing over your favorite J

K: I love it when you make food.

L: Just wait until it’s midnight. You’ll love me even more

April 1st, 2009

K: Hey, what’s brown and sticky?

L: Idk. What?

K: A stick J

L: Why am I in love with you again?

June 09, 2010

L: So… I just found out I might have to go back to China for a bit

K: why, what’s up?

L: my mom wants me to meet some potentional wives.

K: you haven’t told her your gay? Why not?

L: she would totally disown me. I rather not have that.

K: but what if you want to marry me?

L: marriage will ruin what we have! Trust me!

Decemeber 2011

K: babe, what’s up?

K: Deer?

K: Luhan?

K: Are you mad at me?

L: I need to talk to you. Tomorrow.

 

“So I guess there’s more to your story?” Tao asked.

“He was getting married,” Kris said a bit inaudible, “To this beautiful girl. He just dropped me like that, went back to China, married, and told me a few months later.

“I was pretty ed up. He chose wisely to tell me over the phone too. I don’t know what would have happened if I met him and he told me. I would probably beat his or something.”

Tao held onto the phone, looking over at Kris, just listening to him. Tao made the guess that Kris sort of wasn’t a fan of marriages because of Lu Han, and he probably didn’t tell anyone, which explains his break down.

As Kris wept, he laughed, “I know I look like the sort of guy that’s stoic; quiet and dark. I’m really just a tall guy who got heartbroken really badly. I know I‘m not being the best by keeping my distance, but I can’t help but think of Lu Han. These guys have only known each other for a few days, I can’t help but think of Lu Han’s words, that marriage will ruin a relationship!”

“Yifan,” Tao whispered, “What if it doesn’t?”

“What if it does?”

“What if it doesn’t?” Tao asked.

Kris looked at Tao, and they stared at each other. It wasn’t intimidating, or a challenege, just like they were mind reading.

Tao could guess that he was thinking of ChanYeol and Baekhyun, ten, twenty, thirty years from now, happy, with children, maybe grandchildren, and they would fine things that they absolutely still love about each other. Tao could also guess he was thinking of having that kind of relationship; that kind of marriage with Lu Han. The expression on Kris’s face told him that he was probably thinking of how that will never happen now.

The poor man, Tao thought as he got off his bed, and walked over to Kris, wrapping his arms around him, “Wu Yifan, listen to me before you totally break down. Lu Han broke your heart. He probably did’t really feel anything if he could drop you like that. It seems as if he grew away from you. You were serious about him, but he wasn’t about you. He’s now married to some girl who has to deal with him. I understand it takes time to get over something like this, but you have to let him go. He’s not coming back. You’re hurting yourself, and it hurts others around you. Please, do what you have to do to feel better, but I want to see you happy for ChanYeol and Baekhyun. They’re different from you two. Sure, they didn’t have a long of a relationship as you and Lu Han, but they’re going to last. If I know ChanYeol, he doesn’t break commitment.”

And Baekhyun keeps a promise Kris thought.

“Just, please stop hurting yourself,” Tao said as he took Kris’s face into his hands to get him to look in his eyes, “You’re gonna find someone so much better that Lu Han will just be a bittersweet memory that made you stronger; made you a step closer to your better person.”

Tears started to fall from Kris’s eyes, which Tao used his thumb to brush them away. Out of the moment, he slowly leaned in and gave Kris a sweet peck on the lips, “Cry if you need to. I won’t judge. I’ll  stay here all night and hold you if you need me to.”

Kris lowered his head towards Tao’s chest and let the sobs persist.

 

“Feel any better?” Tao asked hours later, after the tears had stopped and Kris’s eyes became totally red and hot. They were now laying on Kris’s bed, with Kris holding Tao like a stuffed animal. He liked how Tao was playing with the nape of his neck, soft brushing fingers felt very relaxing.

Kris nodded, heaving out a shaky sigh, “A bit.”

“You know, I think you should apologize to them. You kind of were a bit mean to them.”

“I’ll do that tomorrow. I want to just hold you.”

.author's babble.

triple update~