Chapter !@

When Kris Met Tao

When Tao entered the shop, Sehun was looking at him with a blank look. Tao nervously sat down in front of him and looked down at a plate of cake that was ordered for him. Normally he would dive right in it, but he was too nervous that not even anything sweet could make him feel better.

“How have you been Tao?”

“Good. You?”

“Good…I missed you, Tao.”

  •  

“I want you back.”

“I broke up with you.”

“I know you still love me, Tao. I can see it in your eyes. You want me back too.”

“No. I broke up with you because you were better than me. You deserve someone better.”

“Tao, I was not better than you. I don’t want anyone but you.”

“Sehun, I’m sorry. I like someone else.”

“That’s bull and you know it. You possibly can’t tell me that the guy you kissed out there is the guy you like.”

“So what if he is? You’re not my boyfriend anymore, Sehun.”

“You still have feelinsg for me. You so do. Those nights we spent together meant something to you.”

“They did, but they don’t now. I’m sorry, Sehun, but coming here was a waste of my time,” Tao said as he stood up and left the café. He was a few steps away from the café door when Sehun grabbed his wrist and forced a kiss on his lips, a very needy lip lock. Tao couldn’t move away, surprised by the action of it. He didn’t pull away, but kind of leaned in, as if the connection between his brain and his conscious were frayed.

When Sehun pulled away, Tao blinked at him, unable to distinguish what just happened. When Sehun went to kiss him again, Tao snapped back into relatity, grabbed his hand and pinned Sehun’s front to the window, his arm pinned behind him, making sure to slap the bac of his head as if emphasizing his point.  

That’s when he ran, tears and curses running with him.

 

Kris was sitting in a chair and Tao was sitting on the Table, his eyes just red and puffy. Kris was holding unto one of Tao’s hands, massaging it. Tao looked out the window, the winter rain seemed to match his mood.

“Kris… I’m gonna ask you something, and it may ruin our friendship.”

Kris looked up at Tao, who was just watching the rain, “I feel upset, and I need to feel some sort of pain.”

“You don’t need to feel pain. You’re in enough already.”

“Kris, please,” Tao looked to him, turning his body on the table from facing the window to now facing the taller man. Tao looked at him and held up Kris’s hand by his wrist and placed it on his cheek, “Hit me.”

“I’m not hitting you Tao,” Kris sighed, trying to pull his hand away.

“I need to feel some sort of pain, Kris!” Tao said louder as he tugged it hard.

“I’m not gonna hit you Tao.”

“Hit me!”

“No, Zitao!”

“Yifan!”

It was quick, but Kris pulled his hand back so hard, Tao ended up falling unto his lap, surprised by the strength. His back was against the table as he looked at Kris who had his hand on his back and neck, a reflex.

Kris and Tao just stared at each other, for what seemed like hours. Tao seemed to have forgotten about his long love as he stared into Kris’s eyes. The latter seemed to be thinking of the magazine article as he stared into Tao’s eyes, unsure of what to do.

 

Baekhyun and ChanYeol laughed at Kris’s joke about one his students, while Tao took a drink of his wine glass. Kris wrapped his arm around Jessica, who gave a hearty laugh at the affection.

“So… Kris, tell us how you met your friend there,” ChanYeol requested as he took a cookie and fed Baekhyun, “I think this is the first we’re meeting her.”

“Well, she’s one of the many traveling English teachers at my school,” Kris chuckled, brushing his fingers through her hair, “And we kind of made out in the teacher’s elevator after school.”

Tao looked at the wine bitterly, seemingly contemplating on whether or not he should get drunk today or not. He was kind of sick of White Day, and was ready to move on to Black Day.

“Too bad my contract ends before the summer starts,” Jessica sighed, “Korea is just such an interesting place.”

“Where have you taught?”

“Oh, I’ve been to Japan, Taiwan, France and Spain. Not many places but enough to want to explore,” she shrugged, “It’s a nice change. I can actually understand the language here.”

“Why don’t you two try long-distance dating?” Baekhyun asked, “You two seem perfect.”

Jessica and Kris laughed at the comment, “We’re not dating, just more of a benefiting relationship.”

Tao got up to pour more wine for himself.

 

Kris apologized to Jessica about not being able to walk home with her, but she was totally cool with it, claiming she was meeting up with an old friend afterwards. Still, Kris felt bad, even when Tao started to barf in the hallway, he rather have walked with Jessica than help out his best friend.

“Taozi, I told you not to do this kind of crap. What were you thinking of downing a whole bottle of Merlot by yourself?” Kris asked as he took Tao’s arm ad wrapped it around his neck, and wrapping his own around his waist.

“I don’t like Jessica,” Tao stated, “She only wants you for !”

“Well, yeah, that’s kind of the point of our relationship Tao,” Kris agreed, knowing that any denial towards the drunk man was futile. Tao was known to be three drunks in one: honest, loud, and something else. Kris remembered ChanYeol stating there was a third one, but he didn’t pay attention enough to listen. He just wanted to keep at the honest stage for now.

“I don’t want you to have with that girl!” Tao whined as Kris was waiting for the elevator, “You’re my best friend and I forbid you from making love to her!”

“It’s just . No feelings. Pure, adulterated .”

“No!” Tao got louder, and thank Buddha the elevator dinged at the right time, “No! You like her! You want to marry her and leave me!”

“Calm down, Tao. I don’t want to marry her.”

“No, but she looks like Lu Han. She’s the female Lu Han!”

“You never even met Lu Han, so shut up.”

“I seen his pictures on your Facebook. They’re twins!”

Kris adjusted Tao to prevent him from falling flat on both their asses, “Tao, I’m just having with her. Weren’t you always saying I needed to get laid?”

Tao watched as the numbers on the screen started to descend, “Yeah, but not with a girl.”

“What, you want me to screw you?”

“No, I want to make love to you.”

Kris looked down at Tao who looked back. The oldest almost took him seriously, but the gaze Tao was giving him was clouded with intoxication. He shook his head and began to walk as the doors opened, “You’re drunk, Tao.”

As Kris brought Tao to his apartment, he opened the door and helped the boy in. He set the boy on the floor to take his jacket, scarf and shoes off, following to take Tao’s off. The boy giggled before he pulled Kris over him, smiling at their position, “I’m not drunk. I’m perfectly normal!”

“Tao, you’re drunk,” Kris stated as he pushed himself off the boy and stood up, ractically drgging the boy to his feet, “You’re the one saying you don’t want to have with me.”

“But you’re so handsome!” Tao slurred as he hugged Kris when he was properly standing. Kris was annoyed by all the attention, so he did the only thing he could think of. He bent down to haul Tao over his shoulder to his bed. He didn’t think Tao would start to touch his on the way over, “You have such a nice , Yifan-fan!”

Opening the door, he practically plopped Tao on the bed, only to have the former wushu master to quickly pull him along with him, giggling at the touch, “You’re so cute, Kris. I know you want me.”

Moving away from Tao, Kris practically wrestled Tao to stay still as he attempted to wrap his blankets around him like a cacoon so he wouldn’t escape. It took a while, but when Tao was grunting at the lack of escape, Kris seemed proud of his work. He was about to leave to grab a glass of water and asprin for the man when he heard him sniffle.

“Why didn’t I fall in love with you the first time I met you? I’m pretty sure that if we didn’t hate each other, none of the people that seemed to make us upset would have exsisted.”

Kris left the room and brough back the needed objects, looking at Tao as he slept. Kris adjusted his bangs and left to write a note and leave.

It took Kris half way back to his own apartment when he realized that Tao was a semi- drunk, too.