Chapter !&

When Kris Met Tao

 

            The summer breeze was a nice change for Tao, who swore that this past winter was the worst. He didn’t mind being snuggled up to Kris because, let’s be honest, the was amazing. Even the crazy kitchen counter he promised. That was his favorite kind.

            But, back to the summer breeze.                          

           Tao was meeting up with ChanYeol for some good old bonding time at a beachside café on the island of Jeju. Thank the lord that Kris was transferred to the local middle school and was able to get Tao a ticket to go along with his class. This trip to Jeju was amazing, and even though he wasn’t going to be with Kris all the time, he did enjoy the few moments he was alone.

            And ChanYeol just happened to need to write an article about the beach, so why not kill two birds with one stone?

            “Wow. The coffee here is amazing!” ChanYeol sighed happily, taking a picture of the café’s enterance, “This place will be in my article!”

            Tao chuckled, “So where’s Baek these days? Haven’t seen him since I left.”

            “Stupid airlines taking away my husband,” ChanYeol pouted, “He was given an opportunity to fly internationally, and after talking about it with me, he took the offer. It’s only a two-month trial, but I miss being able to cuddle with him. I mean, Miku and I have bonded well, but I still prefer seeing Baek holding her and looking adorable.”

            “Well, think of it this way,” Tao smiled as he took a sip of ice coffee, “You can use it to your advantage when you and Baek get into an argument.”

            “I’m not arguing with the woman,” ChanYeol frowned, “He’s scary when he’s mad. He gets all violent.”

            “I thought you had a kink for that though?” Tao smirked, earning ChanYeol to push his chair back a bit thanks to his long legs. “So, where’s are mostly his international trips going?”

            “Australia,” ChanYeol said, “He’s taken good pictures, but when I see him and a member of the crew of the same together, I can’t help but get jealous.”

            “Gosh, I bet he get’s jealous when your with me,” Tao cracked, earning ChanYeol to smiled.

            “I don’t see why. He knows that you and I are destined to be together. Baek and Kris are just side partners before we’re forty,” ChanYeol shrugged, drinking his coffee.

            Tao was laughing and about to say something when he heard, “Well, won’t Baekhyun be disappointed to hear this?”

            The two men looked up to see Kris holding out his phone, smirking at the reaction ChanYeol put on. Of course, Kris recorded their conversation and had intentions on sending it to Baekhyun.

            “Baek, baby! I was kidding!—“

            “ChanYeol, how could you? I thought we had something special!” Tao cried in the background as ChanYeol tried to take Kris’s phone away, who was smriking and dodging ChanYeol’s arms.

            After a few attempts, Kris showed ChanYeol he had deleted the video – after sending it to the latter’s love of his life. ChanYeol sulked for a while as Kris kissed Tao on the cheek and went to order his own drink.

            “You’re boyfriend is mean,” ChanYeol mumbled, “Baekhyun is gonna kill me.”

            “I think  Baek knows we’re kidding, Chan,” Tao assured, rubbing the man’s arm, “Just relax. I’m pretty sure if you pick Miku up from the hotel’s day care and take a cute video of you two, Baek will overlook Kris’s.”

            “, I forgot to pick up Miku!” ChanYeol yelled as he pushed some students out of the way and into the street, running to his hotel.

            “Forgot that the daycare at the hotel ends at five?”

            “Pretty much,” Tao shrugged, “So, is it break time for you?”

            Kris nodded, “I love my class, but I don’t think I’m gonna accept going to Jeju with theme ever again! I forgot how much a pain middle schoolers are.”

            “What did you get?” Tao smiled at the blue drink, “It looks odd.”

            “It’s a blueberry smoothie. Want a taste?”

            Tao smiled happily and took his boyfriend’s straw, sipping out a tiny bit before making a face, “It’s good. I kind of like it.”

            Kris and Tao were talking about more things, enjoying their little date when ChanYeol came back with his daughter in a stroller, baby bag on his shoulder, “Jeeze. Those hotel people just don’t understand us new dads.”

            Miku stretched out to be held by Tao, who happily placed her on his lap. The girl placed her hand on his white hair, and smiled delightfully. Tao tickles Miku, who’s baby laughed shrieked through the open spaced café.

          ChanYeol leaned over towards Kris, “Doesn’t that interaction just make you want to have one of your own?”

            “I don’t want a daughter. I hear girls a pain in the to raise.”

            “Baek wanted a girl, so I couldn’t disagree. We’re gonna try for a boy when she turns ten, maybe get a boy that’s a little older.”

            Kris nodded, before elbowing ChanYeol and nodded. ChanYeol understood and smiled, “Miku-ya! Come to daddy!”

            Miku gave her father a look and curled up against Tao, making the man laugh at her choice. “Miku, you have to go back to daddy.”

            The girl’s look changed to a smile and happily reached out for her father, hugging him and kissing him on the cheek. ChanYeol kissed her back, earning a giggle from her, “I swear, she’s just like Baek. Weird mood swings here and there.”

            “It’s a good thing we established that he’s the woman of your relationship. Miku is going to need a female role model as she grows up, and I swear she would grow up oddly if it were you,” Kris said before he took a sip of his smootie, earning a glare from ChanYeol but a laugh from both Miku and Tao.

            “Miku, want to walk on the beach with daddy and the uncles?” ChanYeol asked as he placed her in the stroller, placing the drink on the cup holder.

            The three left joking and talking. Kris and Tao were holding hands as ChanYeol would push the stroller, Miku’s laugh and giggles soon turning to soft snores.

            When they reached a certain point, ChanYeol claimed to have forgotten something and started to head back to the café, jogging. Kris and Tao walked a bit longer before they decided to stare at the setting sun, and ocean. Kris at one point snuck a kiss onto Tao’s lips, making him laugh before he locked lips with him for a few minutes.

            Kris decided that they should head back before high tide got any higher. Tao smiled at Kris’s brown hair and touched his tattoo on his bicep, “You know. I was kind of mad when you got it, but I’m turning to like it a lot.”

            “See? Didn’t I tell you you would?” Kris smiled as he grabbed Tao’s hand and kissed the back of it, “I still think you would look pretty hot with a tattoo.”

            “Kris, do you have a tattoo ?” Tao mocked, smirking at the thought, “I might get one. I don’t know. I don’t like needles.”

            It was sometime in the walk that Tao noticed some torches and rocks in the shape of a heart on the beach, and smiled at them, “Awe. Someone must’ve proposed to their love. And on the beach, how sweet!”

            “Do you imagine me proposing to you on the beach?”

            Tao shook his head, “No, I imagine something else. Like doing it in front of your students or something.”

            “I don’t think my students would like that. We had a vote and they think I should propose to you in their class so they can see.”

            “Awe, aren’t they sweet?” Tao smiled.