Chapter !%

When Kris Met Tao

When the ring was heard, Tao was the first to step out, practically leading Kris to his own apartment. Tao believed it was because he was upset by what happened at the mall with Lu Han, but Kris was just watching Tao, and how he went about.

When Tao punched in the code for the apartment, he began to take his shoes off, letting go of Kris’s hand to take of his jacket. He noticed that Kris never took of his jacket, and sighed. He began to the item, and force it off of the taller man’s arms, before taking it off completely and throwing it into the closet. Tao took Kris’s hand again and led him to the kitchen table to sit, and went to his fridge to begin to cook.

            Kris closed the door, taking Tao’s wrists and pinning them against the fridge, stepping towards him that they were chest to chest. Tao looked up at Kris, surprised by the action, but he didn’t bother pushing away.

            “Zitao,” Kris whispered, “Don’t ever leave me, okay?”

            “I won’t,” Tao whispered back, “I won’t ever.”

            “Promise?”

            Tao nodded as best as he could, feeling Kris edge closer and closer, “Promise.”

 

            Tao started to wake, feeling his bare body move against the silky fabric. He to a comfortable position, and looked to see the front of the older man, sleeping peacefully on his side. Tao laid there, watching the man, and gave a small smile. He never seen Kris look this satisfied while he was asleep, which made Tao to start feeling happy. He liked seeing Kris this way. The past year of seeing Kris in pain, this was refreshing.

“Wait, let me see if I’m understanding you correctly,” Tao started as he drove out of the McDonald’s parking lot, “You’re saying that because I commented on your looks, that automatically means I want from you.”

“Exactly,” Kris stated as he attempted to stretch his legs, “Girls pull that trick all that time.”

“But here’s the thing, I’m not a girl,” tao smiled, “I think you sort of forgot that.”

“Well, we can’t be friends then.”

“Kris, I don’t want to have with you!”

“Not now, because you’re driving, but if we continued to be friends, you’ll eventually le your mind wander. You’ll be asking yourself how it feel to have me inside you, how I look without pants on, just how well I would screw you.”

Tao gave Kris a look, “I didn’t think straight men would say that kind of stuff so comfortably.”

Kris shrugged, “The point is, we can’t be friends then. You’ll want me to screw you, and that doesn’t work well with me.”

Tao shook his head, that memory somewhat bothering him. It’s been nine years since that conversation, and somehow, he was wishing that Kris forgot all about it.

But I wasn’t the one who initiated the kiss… that was him.

The sound of Kris’s groans brought Tao to close his eyes and even out his breathing. Kris opened his eyes to Tao’s face, and stared at him. He was concentrating so much on his face, Tao thought he would burst with curiosty and ruin his cover. Kris’s eyes then traveled to down Tao’s neck and suddenly the rose colored dream he placed over himself became clearer when he looked at the purple bruises.

“Oh God,” Kris whispered, placing his fingers on the boy’s neck, “Did I do this?”

Kris was starting to think in overdrive, and he sat up, throwing his blankets off himself. He was relieved to see that he still had his pants on, although the button, zipper, and belt were undone, he was just glad to see his pants on. He looked around his room, and went to look for his shirt.

He took one last look over at Tao, who was also shirtless. His legs were wrapped around the blankets, but the pair of pants that was on the floor that Kris knew practically told him that either Tao was still wearing boxers or not.

As Kris left his room, he found his button shirt in the kitchen, along with Tao’s hoodie. Tao’s belt was somewhere in the living room, and Tao’s shirt was somewhere in the hallway.

Kris put on his button shirt, although it was left , he just stood in the kitchen, staring at the refirdgerator, thinking of what whappened last night. He was feeling something around his bod, like as if either his hormones were acting up, or his guilt was settling in. He must’ve been upset and took out his ual frustration on Tao, who took it well. Although Kris still had his pants on, he didn’t know if it ended up in or heaving petting.

Scenes from last night flickered through Kris’s thoughts. Looking at Tao in the elevator, watching Tao move in the kitchen and pinning him to the fridge. He remembered being the one intiating the kiss, feeling Tao’s lips against his, moving his hands around Tao’s body. His body twitched at hearing the exact pitch of Tao’s moans, and at the same eagerness Tao had in replying to Kris’s advances. He  remembered pinning him from the fridge to the counter, and moving from his lips, along his jaw and down his neck.

He couldn’t remember when his shirt was taken off, or when he took Tao’s hoodie off. He doesn’t remember much from the transition from his kitchen to his bedroom, but he did remember placing Tao on the counter to work on teasing his body.

As he was staring at the fridge, he could practically feel Tao’s hands clutching his hair, his biceps, and scratches on his back.

He also remembered holding onto Tao’s bottom as he walked to his bedroom quicly, hearing Tao’s giggles as he threw the boy on the bed, straddling his waist and looking down.

The image of how angelic Tao looked against his white fluffy pillows and white sheets made Kris gulp now, his heart beating quickly.

He turned around, watching as Tao was pulling his shirt over his stomach, and picking up his belt, placing it over the couch. Kris looked away from Tao when he looked up.

Tao walked over to Kris and stood in front of him, causing Kris to think of last night; of the angleic look; his heart was beating way fast, and he felt a rush of coldness sweep his body. “Kris, you’ve been thinking. I want to know what you’ve been thinking.”

Kris didn’t say anything, not trusting his words. He’s seen where the girl would always blow it out of proportion when the guy would say it was a mistake or something else. But this was Tao, and he didn’t know if the whole thing was a mistake or bad timing or what.

“We didn’t have last night,” Tao reassured Kris, which made him feel confused (was he hoping that they did or not?) “But we did do things that would have led to .”

Kris nodded, looking down at Tao’s neck. He could see Tao’s smile from the corner of his vision, and his hand touching the marks, “I have to say though, you certainly can make me moan.”

Kris blushed before looking back at Tao’s face, who was giving him a small smile. Tao’s hand that brushed the purle brises on his neck fell and went to grasp Kris’s hand, who didn’t clutch back into Tao’s grip. Tao moved away, guiding Kris to one of the couch, making him sit on the couch as Tao sat on the coffee table.

“Do you think last night was a mistake?”

Kris sighed, “I don’t know.”

“Do you think it would have ended up differently?”

“I don’t know.”

“Can I tell you what I know?” Tao gripped his hand harder, “We had a conversation many years ago on that road trip to New York, and you stated that if we were friends that I would want to have with you, and that didn’t work well with you. I know that you were the one that kissed me yesterday and last night. I know that something happened with you and Lu Han that made you react the way you did last night.” Tao leaned in a bit, just to make emphasis, “And I know that what happened last night can either break our friendship or make it something else.”

Kris looked at Tao’s face, and took in his expression, “Lu Han did say something that made me do what I did.”

“And what was that?”

Kris squeezed Tao’s hand back, which made Tao’s heart flutter, “He was saying how you were my boyfriend and lucky to be mine. I denied it and he said that the way I kissed you, the way that you kissed me back said that our relationship was different.”

Tao nodded quietly, waiting for Kris to continue.

Kris whispered, looking away, “Why did you kiss me back Tao?”

“I told you. I knew you were putting on a show—

Kris slammed his hand on the coffee table,  making Tao jump, “Damn it Tao! Why did you ing kiss me back?!”

“I already said—

Kris stood up, kicking back the couch a foot. He was feeling so some sort of confusion as he looked up at Tao’s shocked and fearful expression, but he still yelled, “Answer me damn it!”

Tao stood up quickly, clearly upset as the tears started to gather in his eyes, “You never kissed me! You were ing with Jessica, we were joking about parenting and then you kissed me! I gave you two kisses, one when you were breaking down before our friends’ wedding and one before I met up Sehun! You never kissed back or kissed me out of the blue, so yes, I kissed you back! I took the advantage and kissed you back! Are you ing happy now?!”

Kris grabbed Tao’s arms and smashed his lips against his, feeling Tao struggle to get away from him. Kris made sure to keep Tao where he was as he continued to force him to kiss back, but Tao kept trying to push him away. When he was successful, Tao pushed him to move towards the front door. Before he could even put his shoes on, Kris forced him to turn around, which made Tao snap as he slapped him.

The slap echoed, and everything stopped. Kris couldn’t believe that his own best friend would slap him, and Tao couldn’t believe he just did that. Kris stared at him, surprise in his eyes as he didn’t notice the tears in Tao’s.

It seemed to be a long minute of just staring, analyzing and observing. Tao wasn’t thinking as he shakily whispered, “I’m sorry…”

They didn’t know who jumped first, but they both seemed to have equal and competitive eagerness as they kissed each other, Tao slammed against the door as Kris bruised his lips.

It took many seconds before Kris forced Tao to wrap his legs around his waist, having to feel each other brush against as Kris pressed himself against the other. Tao’s legs had a steel grip around his waist, his arms locked around Kris’s neck when Kris moved away from the wall and began to walk back his bedroom.

Tao moved away from the kiss, breathing, “Kris, what are we—“

“We’re gonna make this relationship work,” Kris grunted as he kicked his bedroom door open before standing there, “But first. I’m gonna make love to you right now, and it may not or may result in you calling off of work for the weekend.”

 

Kris opened his eyes, expecting to feel Tao in his arms. Instead, the empty space made his sit up quickly, trying to see if his best friend fell off the bed. Panicking, he looked for his  boxers, and just as he was about to pull them on, he fell over when he saw Tao walk out of the bathroom with a pair of sweatpants and t-shirt on.

Tao speed walked over, laughing at the predicament the man had. His boxers were somewhat on, and Tao couldn’t help but chuckle at the sight, “What’s your hurry, Kris?”

“Shut up!” Kris blushed, sitting up on his , “Why were you in the shower? Aren’t you supposed to be in pain?”

“Kris, I took martial arts. I’m pretty flexible in case you haven’t noticed last night.”

“That doesn’t mean that your is flexible. Unless…”

Tao sat down on Kris’s legs and smirked, “Don’t worry. You have nothing on SeHun. Believe me!”

Kris smirked, and looked down at the sweatpants and t-shirt that Tao was sporting, “You look good in my stuff.”

“Yeah, well I might not wear your sweatpants ever again. They keep falling off.”

“Well, after what happened, I’m prefer to see you without clothes,” He smirked as he started to play with the back of the shirt, tugging on it, “I can show you what I mean.”

“Hm… as much as I would love morning ,” Tao said as he leaned in to kiss the man, “I have to go to work.”

“Zitao!” Kris whined as he kissed the man back, “I said you were going to call off of work!”

“You said ‘may or may not’.”

Before Tao could get up, Kris pushed Tao unto the floor and started to kiss his neck, making Tao giggle at the feeling, “Yifan, I don’t want to have with you!”

“That’s not what you were saying last night,” Kris murmured into Tao’s ear as he started to nibble on the lobe.

Tao laughed, slapping Kris’s back and the floor in a random patter, “I don’t want to have with you!”

“It’s not , it’s love making!"