Chapter !^

When Kris Met Tao

Tao placed his hand on his lower back, surprised that he was indeed feeling pain now. He needed to remind himself to stretch every day from now on, in case Kris was to pull another surprise love making session.

It’s been a week since that wonderful night, and Tao just started to think, as he was mixing some cake batter, what the hell were they? He’s been practically living at Kris’s apartment for the past week, and every time they were both back, Kris would start kissing and touching him. He didn’t mind it, but he was sort of missing going out and doing something, like getting coffee or bothering Baekyeol.

Kris hasn’t called Tao any new nicknames, and it makes him wonder if Kris is just using Tao to ease the pain of seeing Lu Han married. He probably wouldn’t be thinking this, but their almost love making that night was a sign of something.

            Kyungsoo noticed that Tao was stirring the same batter for the past twenty minutes, and took the bowl and whisk away, Tao now brought back to the reality of his bakery.

            “What’s up, boss? You’re usually on top of today’s agenda,” Kyungsoo said as he poured the cake batter into the pan and placed it in oven.

            Tao shrugged, “Just thinking about Kris. He did something that’s making me questioning his actions.”

            “Well, is it gonna strain on your friendship if keeps doing it?”

            Friendship….  Kris said relationship that night.

            “Maybe… I’m not quiet sure.”

            Kyungsoo nodded, taking the time to walk over to the pantry to get some frosting tubes, “Well, why don’t you talk to him about it? It can’t be all that bad.”

 

            That night, Tao told Kris to come to his apartment. His logic was that if there was going to be an argument, at least he can kick Kris out. If not, well that at least he had the comfort of his own place for a change.

            He didn’t expect Kris to come in with a bag of his favorite sweets. When Tao asked what they were for, Kris stated that he was picking up a snack and thought of him when he was saw them. Just as Kris was telling Tao about what he got him, Tao just blurted, “Are you having with me to numb away your love for Lu Han?”

            Kris looked up at Tao, confused, “What? No!”

            “Are you sure?” Tao accused, walking from the door to his couch, “If our relationship or whatever we have is going to work out, then there should be no lies! Are you having with me to stop thinking of Lu Han?”

            Kris placed the bag of sweets on the couch, and came over to Tao to hold his hand, “I was not, I am not, and I plan not to. Why do you ask?”

            Tao removed his hand from Kris, and leaned forward on his knees, “You were acting really weird on our way back to your apartment after Lu Han and Victoria. It wasn’t even five minutes later when we got back that kissed me! Then the next day we both freak out and then we  have . For the past seven days, we’ve had in your room! It smells like , sweat and bread! So much bread!”

            Kris patted Tao on the back, aware that all they really when they got to his apartment was bread before Kris pinned the younger man to the bed and made him moan. Kris was mentally thinking of how he should never have bread in his room again; and bread crumbs are not a good mix.

            Tao sighed before he continued, “I’m just scared that you’re having with me because we met Lu Han at the mall. I know how you’ve been for the past two years about Lu Han.”

            Kris nodded, before pulling Tao into his chest, laying back on the couch, “Tao. Lu Han said something to me that made me think of our, meaning Huang ZiTao and Wu Yifan, relationship. Jessica also had some words after that party at Baekyeol’s about us.” When Tao didn’t reply, Kris continued, “Jessica told me that she didn’t want to have anymore. She gave no explanation, but the weekend after the party, when I had lunch with her, she said she didn’t want to, and would rather have dinner and watch TV together.  I didn’t argue, and was okay with it. She always tried to talk about you, and at first I thought she had a crush on you, but she always said that she would want to be the first when we get together.”

            “Hmm…” Tao mumbled, feeling slightly sleepy at Kris’s playing with his hair. Tao was remembering the woman and their conversation. He still didn’t like her.

            “Lu Han said something to me about our relationship. He claimed that we were together, and when I denied it, he said that he saw differently,” Kris smiled, “Wanna know?”

            “What, he saw how a scary man was with his ious love?” Tao groaned.

            Kris chuckled, placing his hand over Tao’s eyes, “He said that friends don’t kiss like they’re afraid to leave each other.”

            “So? I was the one kissing you back?”

            “Yeah, but according to Victoria and Lu Han, I was kissing you back with just as much enthusiasm.”

            It was quiet for a moment. Kris laid his head back against the couch, resting his thoughts, while Tao was in a whirlwind of confusion, the same thought appearing in his head.

            “So what does that make us?” Tao asked, slipping out of Kris’s grasp to sit up, “Are we together? Are we with benefits? All we have been doing is having for the past week. We’ve been practically best friends for the past two years. What are we?”

            Kris breathed in and sighed out obnoxiously, “Well… we could go on dates. Do things that make the other jealous. Surprise each other. Have sleep overs. Touch each other without it leading to . Cuddle. You know, regular couple things. I guess we start doing things tomorrow.”

            Tao smiled, but not before he got up and placed his knees on each side of Kris’s legs, and sat on his thighs, “Hm… I like that. So… are we dating? In a relationship? I need a specific idea.”

            Kris gripped Tao’s hips his hands rubbing up and down his side, “We could say were dating. I think we need to build up the idea of being in a relationship slowly.”

            Tao bent down to touch his forehead with the other and breathed in his cologne, “Let’s not tell anyone. I think if we didn’t say anything, it would be more exciting telling them when we get to that point, don’t you think?”

            “Can’t we tell one person we trust?”

            “One, but not Baekyeol. They’ll demand double dates and all those annoying double crap.”

            Kris looked at Tao, just smiling. Tao looked back at him, and jerked his head back, “What?”

            “Mmm… nothing. I was expecting you to run away after what we did.”

            Tao shook his head, “I made a promise. I don’t break promises easily.”

            “Good,” Kris smiled, bringing his lips to Tao’s, “Then promise me when I propose to you, you’ll say yes.”

            Tao laughed, “We’re thinking of marriage already? We just barley starting dating!”

            Kris shrugged, “Promise?”

            Tao kissed him, wrapping his arms around Kris’s neck tighter before he whispered those words.