Chapter !

When Kris Met Tao

Kim Hyunseok, 87, and Pak WilRyung, 86

“We’ve been married over sixty-three years. Before then, we were dating in high school.”

“But we went to different places. I went to work in the factory, and he went to war.”

“We didn’t even contact each other. We didn’t bother. We heard of each other through stories and letters of others.”

“We believed he would survive.”

“But we didn’t bother saying that we should meet again. We souly believed that if our love was true, we would keep meeting. Again and again and again, until it was like as fate was now juts pushing us together, yelling ‘Marry each other! Have a family together! Just stay together, your making my life harder than it should be!’”

“We knew we would meet. The fact that he came home without an eye didn’t make me love him anyless. I’ve known him for so long, one eye less didn’t mean he was of a man.”

 

2004

The sound of the horn felt like it filled the campus as the driver looked over at his friends, who just parted after what seemd like a ten minute kissing fest. He rolled his eyes as they kept giving each other small kisses,  until the finally detached themselves, enough time for the girl to actualy take note of the driver, “Kris! When did you get here?”

“Enough to guess that you don’t use protection,” Kris smiled, turning back to the road, “You might want to let go of your boyfriend, Tran. If you want him to get to where he needs to be on time, then you need to let him get in the car.”

The girl nodded, and happily gave her boyfriend another kiss, “I’ll miss you.”

“I’ll come back to visit,” the boy said as he opened the already opened trunk wider, adding his two suitcases to the additional duffle bags. He gave one last kiss to the girl and walked to the other side of the car to sit in the passanger seat.

Tran followed the boy and leaned into the window, “Ah, you guys never met before. Kris, this is Huang Zitao, and Tao, that’s Kris Wu. Have a safe drive!”

 

About twenty minutes into the drive, Tao began to move around to reach into the back seat to grab a bag of food he brought. Kris looked over for a moment before he realized that a good majority of the food was packaged candy and sweets. He wasn’t exactly a fan of candy, but he liked the idea of on a piece of candy during a long car ride.

Tao just shoveled out a rainbow of candy and placed it on his lap, throwing the bag to the floor. He opened up a piece of candy, bit into it and gave another piece to Kris, who took it thankfully.

“Okay, so I getting from here to New York is about eighteen hours. I say that we should take turns driving six hours, does that sound good?”

Tao nodded, before speaking, “Let me ask you something. What is a guy like you heading to New York for? It seems like you would spend your life in Florida!”

“I live in New York,” Kris stated, moving the piece of candy from one side of his mouth to the other, “I just went to school in Florida. What about you, why are you going?”

Tao adjusted his position, sitting cross legged, “I’m spending a few days there with friends, before I hop on a plane back to China.”

“Where in China?”

“Quingdao.”

“Ah, I was born in Guangzhou,” Kris spoke, taking the chance to switch lanes, “What are you doing here besides school?”

Tao shrugged, chewing on more candy, “Sort of getting away. I was part of a wushu school, but wanted to get away from the pressure of competetions and focus on second choice career.”

“Which is?”

“Culinary art. I wouldn’t mind opening up my own bakery and become the next Cake Boss,” Tao chuckled, “What’s your story? Why are you on the other side of this country?”

Kris shrugged, opening a piece of candy, “Basketball scholarship. I was planning to pursue in the NBA, but I choose not to. I changed majors from sports therapy to English education.”

“Huh,” Tao hummed.

 

“What do you mean I can’t be biual? That’s just mean to say!”

“I didn’t say that you can’t be that, I just don’t understand how you are!” Kris tried to explain, “You like to have with girls and guys, that’s kind of odd.”

“What’s odd about it? It’s just !” Tao said as he took the nearest exit to find a place to stop and eat, “I don’t see what your problem is. Are you saying you don’t see me as man in either relationship?”

“No, I just don’t see how you enjoy sticking your in a girl and a guy,” Kris practically shrieked.

“Who said I stick my in guys?”

Kris was left dumbfounded as Tao turned off the engine and got out the car stretching. Kris slowly got out of the car, thinking of so many things.

He followed Tao into the McDonalds, ordering a Big Mac as Tao received his fish filet.

When Kris sat down with Tao, it was quiet. Tao didn’t talk simply because he was inhaling his food which Kris’s thoughts were circling his head. He didn’t know why he was so in thought about something that shouldn’t have concerned him, but maybe it was because Tao was the first opening biual he kind of knows?

Kris looked up, Tao was staring at him. Kris noticed his dark circled eyes, and thought he was tired.

“I just realized; you’re quite handsome.”

Kris blinked, the first thoughts after the comment came out of his mouth, “Does that mean you want to have with me?”

Tao laughed at the comment, “Just because I say your handsome, you automatically think I want to do it with you? Have you ever had , Kris?”

“Of course I have,” the taller answered.

“No, I mean have you ever had great ?”

“Yes,  I have.”

“I don’t believe you. You seem uppity to have great .”

 

“Wait, let me see if I’m understanding you correctly,” Tao started as he drove out of the McDonald’s parking lot, “You’re saying that because I commented on your looks, that automatically means I want from you.”

“Exactly,” Kris stated as he attempted to stretch his legs, “Girls pull that trick all that time.”

“But here’s the thing, I’m not a girl,” tao smiled, “I think you sort of forgot that.”

“Well, we can’t be friends then.”

“Kris, I don’t want to have with you!”

“Not now, because you’re driving, but if we continued to be friends, you’ll eventually le your mind wander. You’ll be asking yourself how it feel to have me inside you, how I look without pants on, Ijust how well I would screw you.”

Tao gave Kris a look, “I didn’t think straight men would say that kind of stuff so comfortably.”

Kris shrugged, “The point is, we can’t be friends then. You’ll want me to screw you, and that doesn’t work well with me.”

Tao shrugged, “Fine, we won’t be friends.”

“Great.”

“Too bad though. You could use a great point of view on dating certain types.”

 

As soon as Kris could, he stopped in front of Library, and got out of the car. Tao joined him, throwing away the garbage he had filled with two days worth of candy. Kris opened the trunk, letting Tao grab his stuff.

“Well, looks like this it,” Tao stated, “I hope you have the time of your life.”

Kris shrugged, “I’ll be sure to state that I personally drove the next Cake Boss after college to New York.”

Tao laughed, holding out his hand, “Thanks. I’ll be sure to remind everyone we’re not friends.”

Kris took his hand and shook it, before letting go. He watched as Tao began to walk away, in which he walked back to his car and began to start it. He thanked God that he didn’t live in the heart of New York City, hating the traffic.