Royals

Always

   I looked out the window, not really paying attention at what the car drove past. My mind was filled with information that it needed to sort out. I had bugged Dara unnie to tell me everything but she insisted I wait till we were safe in my home, but safe from what? Right then I felt the car speed up, I looked over to unnie.

"Unnie what's going on?" She gave a sharp turn.

" Where being followed." I looked at the mirror, there was a car coming even closer, too close it hit us making the car spin. Dara unnie though quickly took control and sped away, making a few more sharp turns. The car following us eventually disappeared. 

"Sorry Chaerin-ah we have to go to YG, you'll be safer there." I felt so confused.

" Who was that unnie? and what do you mean safer?" the car stopped.

" No time to talk Chaerin-ah go to papa YG he will explain." She reached over me and opened my door, to my surprise we were at YG already. I quickly climbed out closing the door behind me. She sped away leaving me dismayed. I entered the building where a security guard waited for me.

" Cl-ssi" he bowed " I was ordered to accompany you at all times" He looked a little nervous. What the hell was going on?

" By who? No wait, no time if you must lets go I need to see Papa YG."  Without another word he followed me to the seventh floor. Papa was already waiting for me when I reached his office, unnie must have called him.

" Chaerin-ah come on we have a lot to talk about." He ushered me into the room. I sat on the big couch, my new security stood behind me. Papa seated himself across from me. His phone rang.

" Are you on your way? ok." he hung up and looked at me.

" Chaerin-ah do you want me to explain now or do you want to wait until Jiyong gets here?" I was beginning to feel nervous, having him next to me would be such a comfort.

" I'll wait Papa." all of this was mentally taking a toll on me. It wasn't long, when Jingyo arrived. He walked in giving Papa YG a nod and sat next to me eyeing my new security guard.  He held my hand reassuringly. Papa cleared his voice and began.

" Ok, so where do you want me to begin Chaerin-ah?" he asked.

" From the beginning, why did I loose my memory?" He stayed silent for a moment.

" Actually were not too sure either, our best guess is that your mind was just trying to protect you, the thing is you not only forgot everything, but your powers also...hid? It was like they were hidden along with your memories. You were only as strong as a vampire that was made, when in reality even at the young age of 8 you could already see glimpses into the future, your parents made you believe it was normal but in reality Chaerin-ah our species hasn't been able to do that since the first Royals."

"Is that why he wanted me dead?" Jingyo gave my hand a light squeeze, trying to comfort me.

" Im afraid so, but it goes beyond that Chaerin-ah, do you remember why your parents and Jiyong's got together?" I looked and Jingyo our eyes meeting and not letting go of each other. 

" Yes, they planned on us getting married." 

" Yes...and that is the reason he wanted you all dead, if you and Jiyong joined blood there would be no stronger vampire than the both of you.  Chaerin-ah I don't think you understand how powerful your blood and Jiyong's is. The both of you have the purest blood we have seen in centuries. If one of us drinks a bit of it we become stronger more powerful, but your uncle didn't want just a bit Chaerin-ah he wanted all of your blood and Jiyong's, he was mad you would be successor to the High Chair in Council and not him, all he wants is power, and you would so easily get it, not only that but you would be the head of the Lee and Kwon coven along with Jiyong."

" Wants? you mean he hasn't been caught?" I looked at Papa he had his head down.

" Why cant you look at me Papa, explain." But he stayed silent, Jingyo was the one who answered me.

" While everyone thought you had lost all your power, and memory, your coven agreed to make him successor to the coven, he has been trying to get to council but Dara nunna holds the High Chair for now, She and the rest in Council believe you will come back love. They couldn't hunt him down without making him suspicious about your memories coming back, the only reason he has left you alone is because he believes you have lost it all, but today during the show he figured it out, the car following you and Dara nunna earlier were his lackeys."  we were all quiet for what seemed like a long while. I finally took a long breath breaking the silence.

" OK...so what are we going to do?" I looked at them.

" We wait till you get stronger, you are still weak, why do you think Dara assigned you a security?"

" What you said about my blood and Jingyo's joining...would it help if we got married?" Papa looked at me for a long minute.

" You two already joined blood didn't you?" We both stayed quiet. He sighed.

" For it to work you need to..um ..well..you need to consummate the marriage." my body froze, wait, what?