The moon

Always

   She loved nights like these, where she could come out on the balcony and enjoy the cool air, along with it the earthy fragrance the rain had brought during the day. She stood still clutching her favorite teddy in her little arms, the breeze flowing through her long raven hair. In the distance she could hear footsteps approaching. However the little girl remained motionless. Those footsteps she could recognize anywhere, they were her mothers. There was someone with her though, those were a mystery to her. 

" Honey?" She turned at the sound of her mothers voice, curious to see who was with her. 

" This is Jiyong, remember we talked about his parents staying with us?" She remembered, but she also knew what the adults were planing.

" Yes I remember, did you want me to show him around mom?" 

" Yes please, Jiyong ill leave you hear with Chaerin ok" He nodded.

" Ok then honey we will be in your fathers study if you need us, and please stay inside tonight.."

" Don't worry we will" 

  Her mother left leaving them alone on her balcony. He looked about her age, and just a little taller than her. His skin a bit paler than hers too, and his eyes. He noticed her staring.

" Is my hair that distracting?" She felt embarrassed did she stare for to long?

" Huh, oh..no I was wondering what color are your eyes?" That surprised him, people usually noticed his hair. Even amongst his people his white hair was rare.

" My eyes..what color do you think they are?" She thought about it. They seemed light brown but when the moon hit them in the right way, they almost looked icy gray.

" Well your contacts look light brown...but..they are gray right? can you guess mine?" He was surprised she got it right. Most people never noticed, but then again they weren't most people. He looked into her eyes, only to be surprised once again. They were just like his..except hers shined like silver, while his where pale. 

" They are gray too." She smiled at him. 

" Should we officially introduce ourselves? Mom didn't really introduced us properly...Im Chaerin of the Lee Coven, and I am 8 years old" She stuck out her small hand out towards him. He shook it and smiled back.

" Nice to meet you Chaerin, my name is Jiyong from the Kwon Coven, and I am 10 years old." 

" Should I show you around?" He nodded in agreement. The two went around the house, going from one floor to another, finally stopping back where they started. They stood in front of the door to her room. 

" Well that is it, oh wait your room!, haha almost forgot." She pointed to the room next to hers. " That's your room wanna see?" She didn't wait for a response, holding his hand she pulled him into the room. The room was just as large as hers, and even had a balcony as well. He could see that his belongings were already there. 

"Ill let you unpack, oh wait there is one more thing, they told me not to tell anybody but since..well you know...any ways come here." He did know, but it still shocked him how much she knew. She pulled him to the wall that separated their rooms from each other. The wall was decorated with a large ornate, framed painting almost touching the roof and floor. She pressed one of the gold roses in the frame, and he heard a loud click. The frame opened to reveal a small room. She climbed in. 

" Amazing right? this is an escape room see." She pointed to the middle of the floor where there was a small trap door. 

" My room has the same thing so you can open it in either room, this trap door leads you under the house and out to a hide out in the forest..."

" Chaerin, why are you showing me this?" Her arms tightened around her teddy.

" In case of an emergency, come on we should get out before they see us." She closed the frame and said goodbye, leaving him to wonder what was this all about. Back in her room Chaerin went out to her balcony. Tightly hugging her teddy she looked up at the moon. It was almost full moon..almost time for what she saw. If only she could see what they would be running from.

 

 

* OK first chapter done hope you liked it ^-^